AK Kidani Village or POP

jeremyg

Original Poster
I know the answer should be AK. I have the option of a standard room at POP for almost the same price ($40 difference) as a Value room at AK Kidani Village. Travel dates are Oct 4 through the 8th.

My concerns with AK is mainly the room size and the full size sleeper sofa. My wife and I usually split the beds and sleep with one of the kids, giving us adults more room in the bed. But I'm nervous about a sleeper sofa. I've never slept on a comfortable one and it's only a full size. May have to actually sleep in the same bed as the wife this trip. lol.

Some other minor things I do not like, Missing out on the grandeur of walking into the Animal Kingdom Lodge. But I can't let that be a decision maker for me.

From the map, it does not appear Kidani Village has a quick service place like the lodge's The Mara. Am I missing something here or do I need to walk over to the lodge every morning for breakfast? Then the issue above gets solved. lol.

I've only ever stayed at the POP or other value resorts. So I know what's expected.

One last thing, I read somewhere that the Value room at Kidani Village, I have a 4 out of 10 chance of getting a Savana View? Is this correct?

Thanks for your help guys.

CaptainAmerica

I think you're mistaken. There are no "value" rooms at Kidani Village. They're all at Jambo House.

Regardless, the pull out beds at WDW are very comfortable. I'm a big guy and I've slept perfectly comfortably on pull-outs at Fort Wilderness, Art of Animation, and Old Key West without any trouble. If it is indeed Kidani, they're serving quick service breakfast at Sanaa now.

CaptainAmerica

Agreed "value" is at Jambo. If it says Kidani then it is a standard view likely.
I'm guessing the OP assumed that all of the villas are in Kidani. Lots of people assume that Kidani is all villas and Jambo is all standard hotel rooms, not realizing that Jambo has villas too.

So yeah, we're either talking about a standard view in Kidani or a value room in Jambo.

The pull out beds are not bad at all. I still would pick AKL over POP in a heartbeat. No questions at all for me which I would pick.
This, regardless of which scenario we're talking about.

jeremyg

Original Poster
Thanks for the response. The room is a DVC rental and the terminology was from the travel agent. Ill have to get clarification from him. I'm so confused now on exactly what room and where. There seems to be so many different sections there. guees I need to confirm the room type in order to get an answer to weather or not some value rooms are savana view from re the same thing price. I have to find that reference too.

jeremyg

Original Poster
Ok, I looked at several DVC rental sites and all of them mention a value studio option. But I'm just now realizing that none of the sites mention exactly what part of the resort these rooms are in. So that's where I was getting confused. I found where the values rooms are located and just over a 1/4 of them are Sunset Savana Views. They are value because they are smaller. So I still have a chance at getting a good view.

Now I wonder if it's possible to get a free upgrade when checking in. That would be nice.

mouse_luv

Kidani in a heartbeat. That's our Disney "home" and the lobby there has it's own pizazz that I actually prefer over Jambo's huge one. There is no QS in Kidani, but Sanaa does serve breakfast now I'm pretty sure. If it's a DVC rental you are doing you aren't going to score yourself an upgrade so book what view you want from the get go. DVC rental doesn't work like cash hotel room bookings. Also, if you are going for an AKL value villa those are in Jambo which is the main lodge, not Kidani. Good luck and have fun!

CaptainAmerica

Ok, I looked at several DVC rental sites and all of them mention a value studio option. But I'm just now realizing that none of the sites mention exactly what part of the resort these rooms are in. So that's where I was getting confused. I found where the values rooms are located and just over a 1/4 of them are Sunset Savana Views. They are value because they are smaller. So I still have a chance at getting a good view.

Now I wonder if it's possible to get a free upgrade when checking in. That would be nice.
As you learned, "value" refers to a slightly smaller room size. An upgrade would be to "standard," which would get you a slightly bigger room but you'd likely lose your shot at a savanna room. I'd go with the AKL value room, which will put you in Jambo House with about a 50% shot at a "free" savanna view.

jeremyg

Original Poster
Grrr. Waited too long and did not get a room. They were all booked. In fact anything DVC related at Animal Kingdom lodge is booked. Guess I can keep checking every day and hope one becomes available. In the meantime I'll get the room discount applied to my current POP reservation if that's still available. Thanks for everyone's help.

correcaminos

Just as an FYI even if you had been able to book the room, you would not have been able to get an upgrade if renting points. It does not happen the same way or frequency as the regular resort rooms. If you get an upgrade you are honestly one in a million. If you ask for upgrades they charge more points and you'd pay more.

Sadly F&WF is really a busy time to book for DVC. As of right now there are no studios available for your dates anywhere on property. Only SSR with 1 or 2 bedrooms are available now. Very busy time to book, so I would honestly (being kind about this) just give up on the idea since it's wait list only which for someone with points, might happen, but as a renter you'd have to find someone willing to wait list for you - which isn't likely.

BigRedDad

Comparing different level resorts is no comparison. If you choose Pop over AKL at the same price, there is something wrong, I love Pop Century. However, if I am contemplating Pop over AKL for basically the same price, then someone needs to get me in for a CT-scan because I have a giant tumor or my brain oozed out of my ear.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom