Airport transportation

RememberWhen

Not really looking for answers, mostly just griping about travel with small kids.

I’ve got a trip coming up the end of May. Me and two littles (DD7 and DD2). The flight will be fine, but getting from the airport to WDW is a pain.

I don’t love Mears. It takes forever. Our flight doesn’t land until 4, so it would be nice to get to OKW before bedtime.

We did Lyft on our last trip. Traveled with a car seat just for that but we had two adults, so that was an easier option.

Renting a car is a few hundred dollars. But might be the best bet? OKW is annoying and spread out, so having a car isn’t terrible. But then I’d need to bring or rent a car seat. So, same boat as Lyft.

Which brings us back to mears. So I’m just circling. Ugh.

Cubs Brian

IMG_2746.png

Upvote 0

Grumpy06

Ever since magical express was terminated we have been using car services which will bring car seats if needed and will pick you up directly outside the luggage turnstyles
we use Orlando Shades

Upvote 0

RoadiJeff

I've used Turo car rental a few times lately. They are less expensive than the big name rental agencies and you don't have to stand in line at a counter to sign any paperwork before going to your vehicle. I'd never heard of them until a co-worker who owns a rental house in that area mentioned it to me last year.

Upvote 0

RememberWhen

Original Poster
I've used Turo car rental a few times lately. They are less expensive than the big name rental agencies and you don't have to stand in line at a counter to sign any paperwork before going to your vehicle. I'd never heard of them until a co-worker who owns a rental house in that area mentioned it to me last year.
I’ll look at that. Thanks

Upvote 0

RememberWhen

Original Poster
Ever since magical express was terminated we have been using car services which will bring car seats if needed and will pick you up directly outside the luggage turnstyles
we use Orlando Shades
Their pricing seems reasonable. Have you been happy with your drivers? Do you know if there’s an extra charge for a car seat? I sent them a message, so we’ll see what happens

Upvote 0

Grumpy06

We have used them for four round trips ourselves and a round trip to Port Canaveral for a cruise
been on time every time and very courteous,very pleasant
have had owner or his wife every time
don’t know if they charge for seat,never had he need for one but we are always asked if needed
I believe you will be happy with the service

Upvote 0

threvester

I take 3 trips per year and use Mears each time. I have never waited more than 20 minutes and its usually less than 10. I especially like the setup they have in the new terminal C where they have comfortable chairs to sit in while waiting rather than waiting in a line.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom