airport security

Status
Not open for further replies.

alliemom

In light of the heightened security at the airports travelers are no longer able to carry liquids, gels or pastes in your carry on bags. This means that we are not able to carry that critical Suntan lotion and have to pack it in our checked bags. I am happy to follow these rules as it will ease my mind traveling next week but was thinking, wouldn't it be nice if Disney provided a sample size of Suntan lotion at check in for those of us using Magical Express as our checked bags will not arrive for quite some time after we get to the resort. Even if they just had a bottle on the desk at check in so that we can put some on our children so that they do not burn as we walk through the parks or lay by the pools for those first couple of hours? Just a thought,that way we wouldn't have to pay out the nose for suntan lotion at the gift shop when we all ready have it packed in out bags?

seabee1

I know I was just going to post what it said on the Delta site for Domestic travel, since people were a little confused as to what was ok....

New Security Measures

In order to address the higher risk, the Department of Homeland Security has implemented the following new security measures until further notice.
No liquids or gels are permitted to enter the sterile area through the screening checkpoint or be in accessible property or on one’s person except:
  • Baby formula, breast milk, or juice if a baby or small child is traveling
  • Prescription medicine with a name that matches the passenger’s ticket
  • Insulin and essential other non-prescription medicines
Examples of liquids and gels included in these security measures include:
  • Beverages
  • Shampoo
  • Suntan Lotion
  • Creams
  • Toothpaste
  • Hair Gel
  • Other items of similar consistency
Also, you will not be allowed to bring any liquids or gels purchased after passing through the security checkpoint onboard the aircraft. Any beverages you puchase in the airport will have to be consumed before you board

Hope this helps out with your packing!

Upvote 0

JimboJones123

So, if you have a toiletry bag at all, it must be checked. YIKES! It really stinks if you are on the red-eye and with DME then. Sometimes the late flights and overnights take much more than the 2-4 hours to get you the bags.

Upvote 0

seabee1

I guess the best thing at least for the time being would be to get your own luggage to avoid the wait. Unless somehow you could grab that stuff from your bag before you get on the bus. But at that point you might as well just take your bags.

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Where does Mousse and Pomade fall in the gel/cream/paste categories?

I do luckily know how to use bar shaving soap and powdered toothpaste.

Upvote 0

CoffeeJedi

(ok, they can lock the thread, but they can't stop me from making the same lame joke over and over again!)
I've heard on VERY good authority that on September 18th, somewhere over the Pacific on a flight traveling from Hawaii to L.A., a crate full of deadly snakes will be released on a plane.

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

I hope disney does do something like provide small bottles of sunscreen because otherwise no one will be in the parks or at the pool, everyone will be holdup in their rooms waiting for their luggage that contains sunscreen. The fact that you won't be out spending $$'s should hopefully push them into action.

Also, if anyone thinks that there will be any sunscreen left on the shelves at WDW, will most likely be in for a rude awakening because I seriously doubt it. It's not like they have a huge stock of that stuff in the backroom because what they carry is really for those people who may run out of what they brought or forgot to bring it, it's not like a souvenier item where they expect a higher percentage of guests to actually buy so have a huge stock of this stuff. There will always be some folks who can no longer stand the kids screaming to go to the pool/parks and blow the $10 on it and it will run out quickly.

Upvote 0

JimboJones123

$10, don't fool yourself. I believe it's somewhere between $14 and $16 for a bottle at the gift shop. It's like the $9 dozen pack of diapers. But still, beats taking a 90 minute trip to the store.

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

$10, don't fool yourself. I believe it's somewhere between $14 and $16 for a bottle at the gift shop. It's like the $9 dozen pack of diapers. But still, beats taking a 90 minute trip to the store.

Even at $14 or $16 there will still be people who will buy it at that price and there won't be any on the shelves to be had.

90 minutes?:eek: What store are you going to, is it in Tampa?:lol: I know, I know, when people get in a store they start browsing and before you know it you've been in there for an hour or so.

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

I guess the best thing at least for the time being would be to get your own luggage to avoid the wait. Unless somehow you could grab that stuff from your bag before you get on the bus. But at that point you might as well just take your bags.

Which will cause total havoic at DME.

Upvote 0

Tigger1988

I had a bottle of water in my carry on last week, the security guy searched through my bag saw the bottle and still let me through, without saying a word. so it doesn't seem like the no liquid rule is being enforced all that well. I didn't know there was such a rule till this thread.

Or is this new because of the terror threats? Maybe thats why they let me bring in water.

Upvote 0

alliemom

Original Poster
Someone I was just speaking to said that she always ships her bags ahead of time to the hotel. I guess we can do the same thing but just send the sunscreen :animwink: I imagine you are right, sunscreen will be very hard to come by at the resorts at check in

Upvote 0

campdisney

I had a bottle of water in my carry on last week, the security guy searched through my bag saw the bottle and still let me through, without saying a word. so it doesn't seem like the no liquid rule is being enforced all that well. I didn't know there was such a rule till this thread.

Or is this new because of the terror threats? Maybe thats why they let me bring in water.

This is brand new because of the terror threats.

Upvote 0

CoffeeJedi

yeah... this all just came out today

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom