Airotopia - The Latest In Flying Sensations

WeirdOne

Original Poster
Ok, this is one of my earliest ideas, It might not be too good, but here is a wack at it.

The Queue

You enter right under a giant sign with strange Sci-Fi vehicles and the words Airotopia in a I-Beamish Sci-Fi type font. Then as you proceed down the line, you you make a right turn and you enter the big building that looks like a giant airship inside of a hangar. Inside you see the airship in its hole and you wind all around it viewing vehiles of the air, various famous people, and pretty much everything that has to do with aviation. Then you go up a ramp and you enter the airship (Sound Familiar..?) Hyperion.

The PreShow

Ok, once enough people have boarded the Hyperion, the Cast Member closes the door and you see the floor light up and all you see is the sky. (Think Of A Haunted Mansion stretch room effect with the ceiling and the hanging body...) and you find air blowing at you from all directions like you are flying and all of a sudden you feel like you are falling. Yo see the yperion beging to shake violently. You see the "car" you are in detach and you feel a flying sensation. The voice over the screens (like CircleVision and Soarin'...) begins to recall that fateful day when the Hyperion had an accident. Now, it's your turn to explore the Hyperion Sister and board for the maiden voyage of Airotopia, Hyperion's Sister. The PreShow ends with some comments on the sister ship. Right before you leave you hear a big band and a crew member is running thru the catwalk around the room and he is telling you the Airotopia is going to crash and you have to wind thru the maze of rooms and escape via the airboats.

More Of The Queue

You exit via the other side and you wind around some of the Airotopia's rooms. You finally enter the escape deck and you see all of the Airotopia's airboats. They are being dispatched at an amazing rate and you enter on of them. Your lap bar and seatbelt pulls down and you begin to move.

The Ride

You enter your ships that look like lifeboats fo a ships with wings, and air balloon over it, aors, a rudder, metal sci-fi objects, etc. You move forward and you enter the show building. It is just a giant sky area with clouds and the sea below you. With forced perspective you appear to be thousands of feet up when you really are about 5 stories or more up. You move forward and you hear the crew's voice over the speaker's behind your head. The congraduate you for escaping and that now you have to navage thru the sky and its dangers and touch down in the sea. The track is hidden in the sky and as the ride drops stories, it hides in the clouds and the sky. So, you move forward a bit and before you relaze when you are going another boats flies right in front of you and you drop down a 1 story drop and begin to spin around a cloud. Based on the weight of all of the passengers, the boats spins more or less. So you spin around this cloud and you head back towards the Airotopia. You crash thru the diningroom and fly out the other side. The see a ship in front of you. The crew guides you this whole time. He tells you to get closer. YOu get to it and it bumped you off course and into a dark cloud. Inside ou experience the makings of a thunderstorm and fly inside and all around a tornade with your weight making you spin more or less. You continue around and you hit a few ships crash thru clouds, get stuck in the Airotopia, hit the water, get stuck in a tidal ave, thru whirlpools and water spouts, an finally land in several pieces inside of The Airotopia and you disembark there. You run thru the exit only to see the Airotopia colapse (with use of screens...)

The Endings

You finally enter the smashed up gift shop, the Airotopia's bridge and you exit only to see the queue entrance again.

Thsi ride will have Fastpass. I know it wasn't a ver good story, but this was the first idea I had many many years ago. Thanks! The WeirdOne :)

woofboy111

I have to say that the idea is ok, but what are the cars being held up by when you are falling?

One more question...Whats the Hyperion???

WeirdOne

Original Poster
Answers....

Originally posted by woofboy111
I have to say that the idea is ok, but what are the cars being held up by when you are falling?

One more question...Whats the Hyperion???

Ok, the cars are being held up by track, it's just an effect (A.L.A.- Haunted mansion Stretch Room Ceiling Or Of That Nature...)

The Hyperion is the big airship that floats above Discoveryland in DLP in that one place, Café Hyperion.

The WeirdOne :)

Chad

Hmmm...I love the Idea, but the story does need some work. The preshow doesn't seem to flow well with the rest of the story. Perhaps you could still make it the Hyperion, since (as to my knowledge, I'm not familiar with the story surrounding the hyperion) it hasn't crashed. You could be the passengers on the maiden voyage of the new airship, and you would be taking a tour, Suddenly, a tornado causes the ship to loose power, and it begins to fall, you run to the escape pods (Which I envision being alot like the derigible from the Mummy returns, only smaller, that way the big ballon on the top would block the view of the track. You could have a guide the whole time that would lead you through. The way I see it is that you could have it so that All the other escape pods fly out, but for some reason, your engine doesn't wanna start, when it finally does, only one starts and you're turned around, and forced to fly up and through the ship. This could really be an amazing sensation, you could literally have the vehicle turned vertically, all of the passengers laying on their backs as it flies up through sideways scenes of the ship, complete with falling lamps and pictures etc. This would also serve as a way to get to the top of the building, acting as a lift hill. You would escape the ship, but only to be greeted by the tornado that destroyed the hyperion, which would spin you around, drop you, and all sorts of fun stuff like that. The tornado would dissapate, and you would just be floating there, the guide would say something like,"PHEW! That was a close call, now lets crank the engine up and get home." As he says this, the engine suddenly putters out, stopping. "Well, the ballon will keep us up here, we'll just slowly float down" Suddenly, a loud pop is heard, and then the sound of escaping air, and you car begins to drop. Slow at first, but then straight down facing the ground, and I mean FACING the ground, this would be a straight drop, below, you would be able to make out trees and stuff as you approach it, this would be acomplished by screens on the floor, I think it would make it more realistic, not to mention fog to simulate clouds would be all around to block the view somewhat. Right before you reached it, your engines would start up again and you would pull free, flying straight through tree limbs and stuff, this is so they can brake the car without ruining the story, tree limbs would hit the cars, and then one big tree would be there, and the car would hit it (not really, but the brakes would finally stop the car, and the feeling would make it seem like you hit it. You know, the same as that stop feeling at the end of coasters, that sudden lurch" and you could then exit....

Whatya think?

WeirdOne

Original Poster
To Chad...

Hey, Chad, that is idea is pure genious. I was planning on this being like a flying version of Aquatopia. The story of the Hyperion was just my idea. I just thought of airship accidents when I was thinking this up (and Aquatopia :D). Anyhow, I am comming up with conceptual art (paint stuff), hope to post it soon. Any other comments would be appreciated. Thanks! The WeirdOne :)

Chad

Thanks, Glad you liked it :) As odd as this idea sounds, I think the ride should be put into Adventureland. Make the hyperion a ship in 'her magesty's royal airforce' and it's the new easy way to view the jungles of india. It just didn't seem to -fit- in tommorowland. Tommorowland is to futurastic for blimps in my opinion...I think this would theme wonderfully, the big, victorian styled blimp looming over a jumble of trees...Great :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom