Afternoon Tea at Garden View Lounge - Yes or No?

Betsyboo

Original Poster
I've been looking for an updated menu for the Afternoon Tea at the Garden View Lounge (Grand Floridian) with no success. Anyone been lately that could share some details? I've never been and thought it would be a great afternoon break.

zurgandfriend

I have pasted the menu from alleearsnet.com below, it was dated July 2012 sorry the latest I could find. We did the tea a fews years ago for my DW's birthday. it was fun but really one time "bucket list" this for us. I believe we did the grand tea with a glass of champagne. After tea we were "stuffed" luckily I had made a late ADR for dinner at Jiko. I hope this helps.

Afternoon Tea
Grand Floridian Spa & Resort
Menu Date: July 2012

Open 2-4:30 p.m. Daily
Afternoon Tea Offerings
Princess Kate Tea - A Spring tea served with a classic dish of potted shrimp followed by a medley of cheeses, an array of seasonal fruits, and cheddar cheese biscuits. A scone, jam tart, and a selection of delicate pastries is accompanied by a glass of Veuve Cliquot champagne and your choice of tea. $38.00 per guest.
The Grand Tea - The classic English tradition of Afternoon Tea, Grand Floridian style. We offer you a variety of tea sandwiches, scones and jam tarts, followed by your choice of our freshly baked tea pastries or English trifle, accompanied by a glass of Domaine Ste.-Michelle sparkling wine and your choice of tea. $29.00 per guest. Iron Horse Cuvee $6.00. Veuve Clicquot $9.00
Prince Edward's Tea - A delicious array of duck and cherry terrine, chicken and pork roulade, country pate en croute, and , and English Blue Stilton, the "King" of English cheeses. Served with marinated fresh berries, and Cumberland sauce. We then offer our delicious fresh-baked scones served with rich Devonshire cream. Your choice of our tea with a glass of our Fonseca Bin 27 Character Port. $24.50 per guest. Cockburn 20 yr Tawny Port $2.00.
Buckingham Palace - Our traditional tea sandwiches, scones and jam tarts complemented by fresh strawberries and cream, or a selection of freshly baked pastries, along with your choice of tea. $23.00 per guest.
Mrs. Potts Tea - For the young tea lover in your party, we offer a variety of tea sandwiches, tuna salad, ham and cheese, peanut butter and jelly on white bread. We serve our magical dark tea (chocolate milk), followed by a choice of two pastries. $12.00 per guest
A La Carte Offerings
British Cheese Plate - a selection of traditional British cheeses, served with an array of seasonal fruit $14.50
Gentleman's Tea Platter - house-made duck and cherry terrine, chicken & pork roulade, country pate en croute, accompanied by marinated berries, cumberland sauce and English Blue Stilton $12.00
Plate of Assorted Tea Sandwiches - traditional tea sandwich plate -- five assorted tea sandwiches on fresh, house-made breads. $10.00
English Blue Stilton Cheese - Served with walnuts and marinated berries. $8.50
Strawberries and Cream - A bowl of fresh strawberries and cream. $6.95
English Trifle $6.95
Freshly Baked Scones - Served with Devonshire Cream and Preserves. $3.50
Two Jam Tarts $3.50
Assorted Tea Pastries $2.75
A variety of beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic are available)
Non-Alcoholic:
Press Pot Colombian Coffee (regular or decaf) $6.29
Espresso $3.39
Cappuccino $3.89
Hot Cocoa $2.39
Milk $2.39
Chocolate Milk $2.39
Coca-Cola, Diet Coke or Sprite $2.69
Apple or Orange Juice $2.49
Selections from the bar:
Iron Horse Fairy Tale Cuvee Brut, Sonoma '97 $14.00 per glass, $62.00 per bottle
Veuve Clicquot, Reims $17.00 per glass; $75 per bottle
Domaine Ste.-Michelle, Blanc de Blanc, Columbia Valley $8.00 per glass, $35.00 per bottle

Martinelli Sparkling Cider $8.00 per glass, $35.00 per bottle

Fonseca Bin 27, Character, N.V. $10.00

Cockburn 20 yr Tawny Port $12.00

Import/Specialty Beer $5.75

Betsyboo

Original Poster
I have pasted the menu from alleearsnet.com below, it was dated July 2012 sorry the latest I could find. We did the tea a fews years ago for my DW's birthday. it was fun but really one time "bucket list" this for us. I believe we did the grand tea with a glass of champagne. After tea we were "stuffed" luckily I had made a late ADR for dinner at Jiko. I hope this helps.

Afternoon Tea
Grand Floridian Spa & Resort
Menu Date: July 2012

Open 2-4:30 p.m. Daily
Afternoon Tea Offerings
Princess Kate Tea - A Spring tea served with a classic dish of potted shrimp followed by a medley of cheeses, an array of seasonal fruits, and cheddar cheese biscuits. A scone, jam tart, and a selection of delicate pastries is accompanied by a glass of Veuve Cliquot champagne and your choice of tea. $38.00 per guest.
The Grand Tea - The classic English tradition of Afternoon Tea, Grand Floridian style. We offer you a variety of tea sandwiches, scones and jam tarts, followed by your choice of our freshly baked tea pastries or English trifle, accompanied by a glass of Domaine Ste.-Michelle sparkling wine and your choice of tea. $29.00 per guest. Iron Horse Cuvee $6.00. Veuve Clicquot $9.00
Prince Edward's Tea - A delicious array of duck and cherry terrine, chicken and pork roulade, country pate en croute, and , and English Blue Stilton, the "King" of English cheeses. Served with marinated fresh berries, and Cumberland sauce. We then offer our delicious fresh-baked scones served with rich Devonshire cream. Your choice of our tea with a glass of our Fonseca Bin 27 Character Port. $24.50 per guest. Cockburn 20 yr Tawny Port $2.00.
Buckingham Palace - Our traditional tea sandwiches, scones and jam tarts complemented by fresh strawberries and cream, or a selection of freshly baked pastries, along with your choice of tea. $23.00 per guest.
Mrs. Potts Tea - For the young tea lover in your party, we offer a variety of tea sandwiches, tuna salad, ham and cheese, peanut butter and jelly on white bread. We serve our magical dark tea (chocolate milk), followed by a choice of two pastries. $12.00 per guest
A La Carte Offerings
British Cheese Plate - a selection of traditional British cheeses, served with an array of seasonal fruit $14.50
Gentleman's Tea Platter - house-made duck and cherry terrine, chicken & pork roulade, country pate en croute, accompanied by marinated berries, cumberland sauce and English Blue Stilton $12.00
Plate of Assorted Tea Sandwiches - traditional tea sandwich plate -- five assorted tea sandwiches on fresh, house-made breads. $10.00
English Blue Stilton Cheese - Served with walnuts and marinated berries. $8.50
Strawberries and Cream - A bowl of fresh strawberries and cream. $6.95
English Trifle $6.95
Freshly Baked Scones - Served with Devonshire Cream and Preserves. $3.50
Two Jam Tarts $3.50
Assorted Tea Pastries $2.75
A variety of beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic are available)
Non-Alcoholic:
Press Pot Colombian Coffee (regular or decaf) $6.29
Espresso $3.39
Cappuccino $3.89
Hot Cocoa $2.39
Milk $2.39
Chocolate Milk $2.39
Coca-Cola, Diet Coke or Sprite $2.69
Apple or Orange Juice $2.49
Selections from the bar:
Iron Horse Fairy Tale Cuvee Brut, Sonoma '97 $14.00 per glass, $62.00 per bottle
Veuve Clicquot, Reims $17.00 per glass; $75 per bottle
Domaine Ste.-Michelle, Blanc de Blanc, Columbia Valley $8.00 per glass, $35.00 per bottle

Martinelli Sparkling Cider $8.00 per glass, $35.00 per bottle

Fonseca Bin 27, Character, N.V. $10.00

Cockburn 20 yr Tawny Port $12.00

Import/Specialty Beer $5.75
Thank you @zurgandfriend Yes, that's the most recent menu I found as well. It looks like a nice break in the day but I agree it would be filling and would require a later dinner. Thanks again for responding.

col

I took my mum there in march for Mother's Day, she loved it! It was a nice experience and it's set in a beautiful hotel. We ate a la carte, we got the trifles which where delicious! They need to be bigger lol. We got some pastries and finger sandwiches -the pear finger sandwich isn't nice but that's just my opinion. I got coffee and my mum got green tea. It's a lovely place to go to, it's relaxing and quiet. Our server was nice, polite and quietly spoken.
Mrs. Potts floor tile
image.jpg

Pastry and chocolate covered strawberry
image.jpg

Trifle design
image.jpg

Betsyboo

Original Poster
I took my mum there in march for Mother's Day, she loved it! It was a nice experience and it's set in a beautiful hotel. We ate a la carte, we got the trifles which where delicious! They need to be bigger lol. We got some pastries and finger sandwiches -the pear finger sandwich isn't nice but that's just my opinion. I got coffee and my mum got green tea. It's a lovely place to go to, it's relaxing and quiet. Our server was nice, polite and quietly spoken.
Mrs. Potts floor tile View attachment 40559

Pastry and chocolate covered strawberry
View attachment 40560

Trifle design View attachment 40561
Great pictures. Thanks for the insight.

DizneyPryncess

My mom & I went a few years ago and loved it! It's something we'll definitely go back and do again. We had the Buckingham Palace. I had some kind of Strawberry Tea that was very good! I was pregnant at the time and couldn't have soft cheeses, so the chef came out to chat with me. He congratulated me, and made all my little sandwiches with no soft cheeses. He was so nice! The strawberries & cream bowl was delicious. DD is a little young right now, but someday I'd love to take her there!

LucyK

Sadly the a la carte menu is gone. Here's the most recent menu, from mouse for less

Restaurant Info: British, Lunch/Snack, $$

Open from 2 pm-6pm Daily
Advance Reservations are Recommended
Please call 407-WDW-Dine

Menu
Traditional Afternoon Tea

Princess Kate Tea - $45.00 Per Guest
A Spring tea served with a classic dish of potted shrimp or tuna poke, this dish offers a medley of cheeses, an array of seasonal fruits and cheddar cheese biscuits. A scone, jam tart and a selection of delicate pastries is accompanied with a glass of Veuve Clicquot champagne and your choice of tea.

The Grand Tea - $35.00 Per Guest
The classic English tradition of Afternoon Tea, Grand Floridian-style. We offer you a variety of tea sandwiches, scone and jam tart, followed by your choice of our freshly baked tea pastries, strawberries and creme or English trifle. Served with a glass of Domain Ste-Michelle sparkling wine and your choice of tea.
Iron Horse Fairy Tale Cuvee Brut - $6.00
Veuve Clicquot - $9.00

Prince Edward Tea - $30.00 Per Guest
Our Chef's recommendation, this delicious array of assorted pâtés, and Cheeses, served with Cumberland sauce. We then offer our delicious freshly baked scones served with jam tart. Your choice of our tea with a glass of our Fonseca Bin 27 Character, Port.
Cockburn 20 yr Tawny Port $2.00

Buckingham Tea - $25.00 Per Guest
Our traditional tea sandwiches, scone and jam tart complemented by fresh strawberries and creme or a selection of freshly baked pastries or English trifle, served with your choice of tea.

Mrs. Potts Tea - $13.00 Per Guest
For the younger "tea lover" in your party, we offer a different variety of tea sandwiches; tuna salad, ham and cheese, peanut butter and jelly on white bread. We serve our magical dark tea (chocolate milk) followed by a choice of two pastries.

Additional a la carte items may be available upon request. Please ask your server

Traditional Tea Selections

Spring Tea Selections

Wild Strawberry Green
Refreshing green tea balanced with the sweetness of wild strawberries

Organic Lychee Green
Perfumed with a sweet and complex bouquet of Lychee,
which is prized for an intense floral taste

Shanghai Rose
Black tea leaves infused with the
sweet and sultry flavors of Lychee and rose

Certified Organic Pear Tree Green
Estate China green tea perfumed with the
essence of crisp and sweet ripe pears

Signature Blends
Made exclusively for the Garden View Tea Room

Gardenview Blend
With a hint of flowery notes, this tea blends Assam and Keemun black leaves with the floral overtones of Flowery Earl Grey.

Princess Breakfast Tea
A sweet custom blend of South South African organic Rooibos flavored with vanilla bean and a hint of strawberries. Rich in antioxidants and vitamins, and naturally decaffeinated.

Mad Hatter's Tea Party
Medium-bodied Ceylon tea leaves scented with the essential oils of natural fruits, including passion fruit and pomegranate.

Green and White Teas
The two most delicate styles of tea, grown largely in Asia, are
prized for mild hues, refreshing aromas, and delicate flavors.

Jade Leaf
This delicate tea, with a hint of sweetness, is fresh and grassy quality reminiscent of Nori

Floral Jasmine Green
This blend consist of precious spring harvest twisted-leaf green tea, selected for its medium-tannic notes and delicately scented with golden jasmine blossoms.

Silver Leaf
A white tea harvested form south of the Yangtze River region. A very delicate flavor.

Black Teas
Ranging from medium to high caffeine, black tea is widely grown in China, India,
Sri Lanka, and Africa, and is the most common style of tea in the Western World.

Imperial English Breakfast
Elegant and refined smooth sweetness. A blend of Ceylon and China Black Teas.
~ Decaf English Breakfast also available ~

Organic Breakfast
This blend provides the traditional strength of high-quality tea, organic tea leaves, and a rich earthiness that is delicious with or without milk!

Russian Earl Grey
Inspired by the old tradition of shipping tea with lemon for flavor. Made from the rind of spicy Bergamot oranges to give the exotic blend of citrus.

Eros
Medium bodied Ceylon, sweet Mandarin orange with warm vanilla for a sweet, smooth and creamy finish.

Thunderbolt DarjeelingThin-bodied light tea with a floral aroma. The tea holds a distinctive tannic characteristic and a musky spiciness. It is often referred to by tea connoisseurs as muscatel, a grape varietal found in sweeter wines.

Herbal Infusion

HarmonyA mild and sweet tea that is blended with tranquil chamomile and orange blossoms, peppermint and allspice.

Chamomile
A tranquil and calming infusion of sweet and fragrant golden chamomile blossoms combined with a smooth, apple-like finish.

Organic Vanilla RooibosMadagascar vianilla bean natural essential oils sweeten this organic Rooibos

Jamican SpiceA brilliant red zesty infusion of hibiscus, cinnamon, cloves and orange peel.

Oolong Teas

Osmanthus OolongOsmanthus is placed next to oolong leaves and scenting is conducted using the imperial method, similar to when tea leaves absorb the fragrance of the jasmine. It is highly coveted and prized for its champagne aroma and deep, rich flavor.

Mango OolongTung Ting Oolong scented with ripe mangos. Using the natural essential oil of Hawaiian mango, this tea has a low-fermentation oolong to balance out the sweetness and tartness of the fruit.

A selection of Champagne, Sparkling Wine, Ports and Craft Beers are also available from our bar.

Select gift tea tins are available
Small 100g - $19.95
Large 400g - $65.00

** Menu and Prices are Subject to Change Without Notice **

http://www.themouseforless.com/tripplanning/menus/wdw/GardenViewTea.shtml

Although it says a la carte offerings may be available, so there's that. We're planning the tea room for lunch on October 1st, followed by the MNSSHP. I truly wanted to try the blue stilton cheese!

LucyK

When will the dumbing down of menus END, The ala carte menu allowed you try new and interesting things
I agree! I first decided on the Tea Room for the a la carte offerings, I had my heart set on the cheese plate and the blue stilton. It's still a nice menu but the charm is partly gone.

After reading some reviews on Yelp and TripAdvisor, I believe the a la carte menu is being honored for the most part, which makes everything even more confusing!

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I agree! I first decided on the Tea Room for the a la carte offerings, I had my heart set on the cheese plate and the blue stilton. It's still a nice menu but the charm is partly gone.

After reading some reviews on Yelp and TripAdvisor, I believe the a la carte menu is being honored for the most part, which makes everything even more confusing!

Tea Room is one of our favorite onsite activities

crispy

Afternoon tea has always been one of the nicest, most relaxing activities at WDW for us. I usually get the Buckingham Tea which leaves me stuffed. I am not much of a tea drinker at home, but all the teas I have tried there have been fabulous. I would definitely recommend trying it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom