After Star Tours....is this what's next?

wdidreamer

Original Poster
To make up for my mistake

Here's a real patient that was filed and approved last year by disney, nothing as amazing as the star wars concept but this concept actually has a modeled built for it and I know someone who has seen the model in the halls of 1401!

It's basically the astro orbiter sans the rocket vehicles replaced with kuka robo arms. Don't know if this is going to ever get built but another patent find that I know WAS done by Disney! LOL!!!!

stratman50th

First, what is "FLE"?
Second, true or not, there isn't anything that says Disney couldn't float ideas and contract out the design to this Gordon guy. Sometimes contracting is cheaper than doing it in house.
Finally, I'm not sure if it's just for conversation sake, but really, who cares which park it goes in as long as it gets built? Sure, in a perfect world all the themes would be perfect, but hey, it's Disney. They could make it fit wherever they want without our help or input.

sublimesting

First, what is "FLE"?
Second, true or not, there isn't anything that says Disney couldn't float ideas and contract out the design to this Gordon guy. Sometimes contracting is cheaper than doing it in house.
Finally, I'm not sure if it's just for conversation sake, but really, who cares which park it goes in as long as it gets built? Sure, in a perfect world all the themes would be perfect, but hey, it's Disney. They could make it fit wherever they want without our help or input.

FLE = Fantasy Land Expansion

sublimesting

It would actually be smart of Disney to have waited to announce a big project until after the HP craze dies down. As of this summer there will be no new HP books or movies. It will slowly fade away to a baseline fanbase. Then Disney can announce a massive project such as Lucasland and blow Universal out of the water.
Imagine a new Indy stage show and an Indy ride, and a new SW ride and a cantina restaurant.
Oh to dream.....

sublimesting

What? There's a new HP movie coming out July 15th! Not only that but WWoHP is still going strong a year later and is considerably busy all of the time. Get your facts straight.

Sorry, perhaps you mis-read my entire post, I apologize. I said as of this summer (meaning after the movie is released this summer) there will be no more HP books and movies. Additionally, I didn't say WWOHP is not busy or flat lining. I said the popularity will start to wane as all new things do. Just like a Christmas toy. Especially since there will be no new input into the HP franchise. SW is still going very strong and the SW universe is continually expanding. So as HP starts to get stale, Disney can unleash something fresh. Point is: why compete with a major attraction when you just bide your time and make your own major announcement and take back the momentum.

_Scar

Sorry, perhaps you mis-read my entire post, I apologize. I said as of this summer (meaning after the movie is released this summer) there will be no more HP books and movies. Additionally, I didn't say WWOHP is not busy or flat lining. I said the popularity will start to wane as all new things do. Just like a Christmas toy. Especially since there will be no new input into the HP franchise. SW is still going very strong and the SW universe is continually expanding. So as HP starts to get stale, Disney can unleash something fresh. Point is: why compete with a major attraction when you just bide your time and make your own major announcement and take back the momentum.

SW = Expanding

HP = Not Expanding?

Err?

SW generation are now young adults (prequel generation, lol) to adults, and HP generation are teenagers to adults. I don't see why HP also wouldn't have the fan-fic and novels and whatnot that Star Wars has right now (which only seems to appeal to the already SW fans, therefore not increasing the popularity of the franchise). If SW is expanding, then it is because the movies were good (at least the original 3, :lol:). HP's 7 films so far have all gotten solid reception so far, so it's not like they'll flop out and never come before the eyes of the next generation. Also... the books..... So, HP probably won't be waning. I'd bet my life that it won't for decades lol

belle119821

The warring coaster/HP coaster graphics include the ones from the patent that started the thread, but without the SW titles on parts of it. There's the ride vehicle and the track layout.

GrumpyFan

Here's a real patient that was filed and approved last year by disney, nothing as amazing as the star wars concept but this concept actually has a modeled built for it and I know someone who has seen the model in the halls of 1401!

It's basically the astro orbiter sans the rocket vehicles replaced with kuka robo arms. Don't know if this is going to ever get built but another patent find that I know WAS done by Disney! LOL!!!!

I like this, and wish they would build it. It's a new twist on the classic Dumbo-like spinner. I could see it being built in DHS in the Star Wars area and labeled something like Jedi Jets, or Boba Fets Jets. Of course, the name really isn't important. But, it would make a good, easy addition. And besides, DHS doesn't have a Dumbo-like spinner. :lol:

sublimesting

SW = Expanding

HP = Not Expanding?

Err?

SW generation are now young adults (prequel generation, lol) to adults, and HP generation are teenagers to adults. I don't see why HP also wouldn't have the fan-fic and novels and whatnot that Star Wars has right now (which only seems to appeal to the already SW fans, therefore not increasing the popularity of the franchise). If SW is expanding, then it is because the movies were good (at least the original 3, :lol:). HP's 7 films so far have all gotten solid reception so far, so it's not like they'll flop out and never come before the eyes of the next generation. Also... the books..... So, HP probably won't be waning. I'd bet my life that it won't for decades lol

We have yet to see if HP will have an expanded universe. It could, but JK doesn;t seem the type to allow that. I know my wife would LOVE that though. But my point was that SW surrently does have an expanded universe, bookes, television, games etc. where as HP is lacking. It's not that HP is going to precipitously drop off but it isn't going to be as popular as it was last year. I haven't gone but I doubt that the crowds right now are anything ear what they were in the opening weeks. Heck, look at the HM, arguably the most popular WDW ride....it hardly has any wait. The HP fad will dim somewhat. So, it is wise od Disney to not try to go toe to toe with HP and wait for a big announcement until that dies down a bit.
Sadly I think they did go toe to toe with HP and FLE is our big announcement and Lucasland is a pipe dream.

SleepingMonk

It would actually be smart of Disney to have waited to announce a big project until after the HP craze dies down. As of this summer there will be no new HP books or movies. It will slowly fade away to a baseline fanbase. Then Disney can announce a massive project such as Lucasland and blow Universal out of the water.
Imagine a new Indy stage show and an Indy ride, and a new SW ride and a cantina restaurant.
Oh to dream.....

There is still much money to be made and you assume that won't sway the author to do a Potter prequel or three.

RSoxNo1

I'm a bit fuzzy on the FLE timeline, I confess.
I remember a set of prints being posted, then pulled. I could have sworn those were the drainage plans, and predated the more detailed site plans.

But, I could be wrong. Had to happen sometime.;)

The image that leaked on July 15th was not the drainage image. That came out afterwards.

chucknstuff

The FUTURE SW Expansion is....

Attack of the Empire's Return of the New Hope's Phantom Menace LADDER!!!

oh YEAH!!!

This will bring the crowds...:drevil:

celluloid

It took 24 years to open a new film and plussing for The already there Star Tours attractions and an entire new trilogy series to add on to the Star Wars Universe...

They are not going to spend money to expand an outside property when it is not needed to bring in the dough. Be happy we got a good new Star Tours people.

wedenterprises

I find it kind of funny that everyone is talking about a non-disney public patent that isn't going to happen (spawning a SW expansion discussion), yet no one is mentioning the real gem above ^^ which is a disney patent and has already been pushed through various levels of development.

Talk about the magician mis-directing the audience.

GrumpyFan

I find it kind of funny that everyone is talking about a non-disney public patent that isn't going to happen (spawning a SW expansion discussion), yet no one is mentioning the real gem above ^^ which is a disney patent and has already been pushed through various levels of development.

Any clues or information as to which park it's being eyed for?

td1129

Talk about the magician mis-directing the audience.

How is another hub and spoke ride a "gem"? Were you being sarcastic?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom