Aersmith replacement?

RyanS

Keep in mind, newer artists don't appeal to all generations. You'd have to pick a band that's been around for a while. KISS is my top choice.

TnkrBelPixiDust

Originally posted by DisneyGrl85
I would pick Fuel. Mostly because of the family connection, but they are still a great band. Although...What's up Kevin?? Anyways...I say Fuel. Or Backstreet Boys!! Heck No...I'm just playin y'all. HeHe
:p :sohappy: YAY!!! Fuel would be G*R*E*A*T!!! Anyone else agree??? :confused:

BigNorm

Originally posted by bigbadwolf
I rather see
Metalica...
or
Ozzy..

KISS is abit too ADULT for kids.

Uh, and Ozzy isn't too adult? "Bubbles? Come on Sharon, I'm Ozzy Osbourne, the Prince of ------- darkness." Yeah, he's kid friendly.

TnkrBelPixiDust

Originally posted by BigNorm
Uh, and Ozzy isn't too adult? "Bubbles? Come on Sharon, I'm Ozzy Osbourne, the Prince of ------- darkness." Yeah, he's kid friendly.
Why would anyone want Ozzy in a Disney park??:brick:
Honestly I think that Aerosmith is perfect because who doesnt atleast like Aerosmith??

JBSLJames

I think it's a done deal. With the purchase of the Muppets, I fully expect Disney not to renew the contract with Aerosmith, and in their place put Emmit Otter and his Jugband.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
hhhmmmmmmmmm, you say Fuel would be G*R*E*A*T, but then you ask why would anybody want Ozzy in Disney............. I guess im just wondering who is Fuel???? I think ive heard one song of theirs, and I must say Ozzy is more a household name than Fuel (since the whole osbourne show).

Wait a minute, did the members of Fuel come from the MMC or something? lol, now that would be coming full circle

Goofyfanatic

I agree with those who have said Bon Jovi...I can't think of a better choice...as mentioned they are still popular...snd thier appeal seems to spread across generations....Both my 50 something year old mom and my 16 year old nephew like them....there are not many bands that cat say that.

Also their music is fairly wholesome...sort of fits the disney image well...

cdevor

Def Leppard

I would vote for Def Leppard. Using the song Rocket would be pretty cool. They have enough albums through the late 70's, 80's and early 90's that they would be a great fit. Def Leppard is/was awesome!

luvorlando

For those who are saying some of the other bands mentioned aren't "family" enough for Disney, have you really listened to/heard the complete lyrics of most of the Aerosmith songs played on the ride?

Love in an Elevator = ______ song
Walk This Way = ______ song
Young = kid wanting ______ song
Dude Looks Like a Lady = ______ with transvestite song
Fine = ______ song

etc...

I love the ride, love Aerosmith, but have always questioned the two together in a Disney ride. I find it somewhat amusing :D and yet disturbing :lookaroun at the same time.

I guess if I had to vote for a different band, Bon Jovi would fit the bill.

ThirdEye

Blah Bon Jovi....Im sorry but they are horrible. Metallica would be awesome. Fuel would fit perfect considering its about racing. Or they could just play half of one of there songs like One or something.

They should have Pink Floyd though. It could be a psychdellic roller coaster they could have trippy effects in there and it could be like a journey through your mind...on LSD that is lol

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by Piglet2001
I think the Eagles have several songs that would work on the ride. Life in the Fastlane is one, James Dean is a good one, Heartache Tonight as well as others. I know that they can be driven fast to. And there are several solo songs that could also work on the ride.

But the problem with the Eagles is getting the rights to the songs, and as a huge Eagles fan I know how protective the Eagles are with their songs. It would be easier to do a Joe Walsh/Glenn Frey solo songs ride.

I do think it has to be a Classic band. The newer bands would turn alot of people off. The more Classic bands have a broader appeal.

And I'm 29. In a earlier post someone made a comment about the Eagles being too old of a band. I've seen them in concert several times and the crowd was a mix of various age groups.

Ditto...I'm 25 and over the summer went to see them on their "Farewell I" Tour... Without a doubt...the best concert I've been to (musically)...U2 still holds that spot for "all around show".

It definitely has to be a classic band...or at least "classic rock songs" (as a compilation). Why you ask? Teenagers and kids will go on it because it's a coaster... Anyone older than that needs to be "drawn in" and the classics will draw the older crowd.

Mr Bill

Original Poster
Originally posted by ThirdEye
Blah Bon Jovi....Im sorry but they are horrible. Metallica would be awesome. Fuel would fit perfect considering its about racing. Or they could just play half of one of there songs like One or something.

They should have Pink Floyd though. It could be a psychdellic roller coaster they could have trippy effects in there and it could be like a journey through your mind...on LSD that is lol

I'm there! For the music of course. :lookaroun *runs*

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by Mission: SPACE
I was thinking Frank Sinatra, or maybe Perry Como?

:lookaroun

**runs away**

Como! now THERE's some rockin' good family oriented music! a little "Mambo Italiano"....couldn't get any better! :lookaroun

Woody13

Sorry, but since they couldn't get the "Stones" (price too high) they had to go another route. RocKING Rollercoaster. Elvis. So what if he died on the toilet from a drug OD. I'm sure WDI can give him a better image.

ThankYouVeryMuch!:D

Goofyfanatic

Originally posted by ThirdEye
Blah Bon Jovi....Im sorry but they are horrible. Metallica would be awesome. Fuel would fit perfect considering its about racing. Or they could just play half of one of there songs like One or something. [/QU

When my vote when for Bon Jovi..it wasn't because they are my fav band...I'm voting for who fits in the Disney mold best..Looking at what appeals to the mainstream...plus what would fit in the disney family image...and that to me would the best choice...I even think that would have been a better choice then Areosmith....I agree with whoever said that they always found it odd....Areosmiths music has been about one thing _ _ _.]

Now if we were going with my personal favs I would say either U2 or The Red Hot Chilli Peppers...but from what would best fit stand point...my choice still stands with Bon Jovi

Hank Scorpio

(...trying not to anger anybody...)

Has anyone considered that Disney might not sign a new band, and simply re-package it as a different coaster? Something not Rock 'n' Roll related? :zipit:

TURKEY

Originally posted by Hank Scorpio
(...trying not to anger anybody...)

Has anyone considered that Disney might not sign a new band, and simply re-package it as a different coaster? Something not Rock 'n' Roll related? :zipit:

I think it will stay as a Rock & Roll theme no matter what. I don't think they want to take down the guitar or the car outside or redo the entire queue.

If they do leave, I think it will either be a new band or just some Disney produced generic rock.

TnkrBelPixiDust

Originally posted by turkey leg boy
I think it will stay as a Rock & Roll theme no matter what. I don't think they want to take down the guitar or the car outside or redo the entire queue.

If they do leave, I think it will either be a new band or just some Disney produced generic rock.
I agree with you Turkey Leg Boy!!:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom