Advice - what's fav place to eat?

Pluto15

Original Poster
Hi All

I wanted to make a few dinner reservations for a special birthday. It would be great to get some recommendations from everyone.

Thanks for helping

Matt_Black

Well, a little more info would be helpful. How adventurous an eater are they? How old (ballpark figure)? How special do you want, or how much money are you willing to drop?

Anyway, without that knowledge, I'd recommend any character meal, as the characters will no doubt notice the Happy Birthday pin and maybe go a little above and beyond. 1900 Park Fare is a good choice, in my opinion.

Pluto15

Original Poster
Hi, very adventurous. It's for a 40 th and budget wise as its special occasion don't mind paying to get something special.

Matt_Black

Well, in that case you can always look into some of the signature restaurants. Jiko's, California Grill, and Artist Point all get very good reviews, from what I've seen.

JHD721

California Grill and Artist Point are both excellent and both have some interesting things to try. You can't go wrong with either one.

zurgandfriend

I have to agree with Victoria and Albert's if money isn't an issue. Otherwise,
one of the signature restaurants, California Grill, Yachtsman, Brown Derby, Flying Fish etc. is what I would recommend.

SnarkyMonkey

California Grill would be my pick if I were celebrating my 40th birthday at WDW. Hard to beat watching fireworks atop the Contemporary and the food is just so darn good. It feels like the exact right atmosphere for this - although there are others that would work too. (Jiko is another good choice.)

I love Raglan to death but I wouldn't recommend it for a birthday. I feels too casual and is quite loud.

Victoria and Albert's is a real treat but only if you're hoping for a romantic mood and if you have a long long time to spend on dinner.

And I would avoid the theme park atmosphere so that it felt a little more special.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Narcoossee's at Grand Floridian is another good choice. It's also a Signature restaurant, you can watch the fireworks from either inside or the back deck - people actually got up from their tables to go outside - and the food is amazing. We had the shrimp fettuccine. However, I was disappointed to see that most guests didn't understand the "business casual" dress code and showed up in typical park attire - shorts, t-shirts and flip flops.

Victoria and Albert's is also an excellent choice, but you will pay a small fortune to eat there. And most people really dress for that restaurant - we saw a couple in evening dress - he was in a tux and she was in a formal. And it's not a kid-friendly restaurant.

I agree with Snarky, Raglan Road is a fun place to eat, but if you want a nice celebration for a 40th birthday, I would choose one of the Signatures.

I would look at the menus for all the suggested restaurants before you make your choice (caviar at V&A is $120). And you can call the restaurant directly to ask questions and let them know it's a very special occasion once you've booked something.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I was beyond disappointed with Narcoossee's last time we went. I'll never go back. Terrible service

That's disappointing, because the food is excellent. However, I was not happy with the 30 minute wait for a table and the fact that some guests didn't understand the business casual dress code. Part of the enjoyment of eating at a nice restaurant is dressing for dinner at a nice restaurant - I guess I'm just old fashioned.

Never waited that long at ANY restaurant on property until this past trip. And we've eaten dinner at BOG several times, Raglan Road on a Saturday evening, and several other popular restaurants, including Sci-Fi for breakfast during SWW.

Courtney6682

That's disappointing, because the food is excellent. However, I was not happy with the 30 minute wait for a table and the fact that some guests didn't understand the business casual dress code. Part of the enjoyment of eating at a nice restaurant is dressing for dinner at a nice restaurant - I guess I'm just old fashioned.

Not old fashioned...raised well is what I would call it. Seems like u have manners and self respect...which alot of people lack. I would NEVER show up to ANY restaurant in raggedy old sweatpants or a t-shirt...not that I even own anything like that other for sleeping;)

Disney Stine

If you're looking for something incredibly special (especially if they are a huge Disney lover!) then I would suggest Dine with an Imagineer. It is a lunch, not dinner (sorry!) event. Hard to get since they only allow 10 guests to book and they are only offered certain days of the week. It's at The Hollywood Brown Derby for about $65 a person. It's a four course meal with a few souvenirs thrown in (photo of the whole group with the imagineer, Disney name tag (not just a sticker), a special plate - which our imagineer signed for everyone, and a personalized menu - which our imagineer doodled all over the back of mine, after realizing made a castle scene with fireworks out of his doodle!). We were there for 3-3.5 hours. Worth it and a lot of fun!

If you want a dinner then I agree with California Grill for the fireworks!

Update: I just looked at Disney's website and looks like my experience is a little different than what they offer today. "To commemorate the occasion, you can also purchase a souvenir plate that’s personalized by the Imagineer."

Last edited:

WDWoptmist

For a celebration I would say go to California Grille around fireworks or Flying Fish on the Boardwalk you can have a good time strolling the boardwalk maybe go to Jellyrolls afterwards :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom