Advice on when book a flight - April vacation time frame

DarthVader

Sith Lord
Its been a few years since I last booked a flight for April vacation, and back then I was shell shocked at how much the airlines jacked up the price. This year I know, but questions still abound.

April vacation for Massachusetts is about 7.5 months away from today. The conventional wisdom on when to book flights is 3 months out. If memory serves me the last time I did this, I did not see any real movement on flight prices as we had inched closer to our vacation.

I'm hesitant to pull the trigger today, because its so far out, yet I'm not sure if I'll see any real improvements in the price and in fact I'll get burned and have to pay more.

Thoughts on rolling the dice and waiting a couple more months?

LeighM

Once I saw the prices from Richmond, VA to Orlando, we rescheduled our arrival/departure dates to save money on plane tickets. Glad I did that because I just looked earlier this week and saw that JetBlue almost doubled the price on the flight we booked soon after we booked it!! JetBlue is the only direct flight in central VA since Southwests stopped their nonstop flights to MCO. Since then, they don't have any competition and the cost hardly ever lowers.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom