Advice on staying @ Sequoia Lodge?

bryon1

Original Poster
I'll be staying at the Sequoia lodge for 2 days this July. Does anyone have any hints or helps about the hotel.

Thanks,
bryon1

ogryn

try and stay as close to the main building as possible as it is a LONG walk from the outer buildings to the buses.

Be careful at the pool, as my Grandad sliped up on wet tiles and cracked his head open.

donsullivan

Premium Member
I'll second the concept of the walk. I stayed there back in the mid 90's (before the fire) and had the last room on the end with the small balcony that you could step out on.

Here's a link that shows an image of the overall layout.

http://www.disneylandparis.com/uk/visit_360/sequoia_lodge/lobby.htm

My room was the last one on the wing that comes in from the top left of this image.

The room was wonderful, the balcony and it's view of the lake, the other resorts & Disney Village (it was called Festival Disney then) was a great addition, but when I wanted to walk up to the lobby, because of the layout of the hotel, I thought I was walking back to the states.

ogryn

The Sequoia Lodge has a 7 story main building, and 5 smaller 2 (or is it 3) story lodges.

The place is shaped like:

[____] : : :

If we layout those dots as numbers:

1 2 3
4 5 6

One of the six smaller buildings(1) is the swimming pool (inside and outside). We stayed in Sierra Lodge (6). It was a 5-10 minute walk to the buses/main building.

donsullivan

Premium Member
ogryn said:
The Sequoia Lodge has a 7 story main building, and 5 smaller 2 (or is it 3) story lodges. ......

I had forgotten all about the other detached buildings. I only remember the one with the pool when I was there. I arrived via train from Paris and walked over to the hotel. I'm pretty sure I walked over to the park each day so I never went past that area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom