Advice for Disneyland virgin - I travel 5/17/12!!!

md0u80a2

Original Poster
Hi all,

Not posted here for 5 years - that is what happens when you get a wife, a mortgage, two monsters and a pug!

However, I am about to get back in the grove. Just booked 2 weeks in OKW next year with DDP and a host of other new things for my first visit since 2005, but for another time.....

This post is about my trip next weekend. I am going for business and arrive at about 3pm from the UK to the quality inn anaheim - I believe over the road. I have a donalds dining plan. I am by myself - no kids, so can move fast.

So I maybe have thursday pm, then all day friday. On saturday, I dont want to do any rides, just shows and films, so not long at all.

Here are my ride targets: Star tours 2 (possibly twice), indiana jones, matterhorn, space mountain, submarines.
Note the lack of mention of DCA -all I want to see there is little mermaid, toy story mania and monsters inc. Taking the view that they wont be a problem (correct me if wrong).

So my plan - straight to indiana jones for fast pass at opening on friday, then back to tommorowland to do star tours, space mountain, subs and then matterhorn, then back for indi and all done for lunch.

Am I crazy????

Thanks so much

Californian Elitist

You're not crazy! You actually sound like the typical Disneyland visitor. Are you sure you're not a native SoCaler???:lol:

Honestly, I don't see a problem with your plan. A lot of Disneyland guests do what you plan to do; come to the parks after school or work, and just spend a few hours there. Hope you have fun, and your list of ride choices is great! As a Disneyland vet, I approve!

Ryan120420

Keep in mind that Indy has a single rider line which is faster than fastpass. So I would suggest going to Star Tours first thing in the morning and get a fastpass.

Also keep in mind that Splash Mountain has a single rider line as do most of the major attractions at DCA.

Cosmic Commando

Since Indy has a single rider line, grab the Star Tours fastpass first thing and then get in the line for the subs. No fastpass for the subs and the line is about as plain as they come (also very much in the sun), so best to not wait very long.

I would kinda agree that you could skip the subs, but if it was me I wouldn't rest knowing there was something on my list that I missed. The show scenes are pretty similar to the Epcot ride, but you ride in a sub instead of a clammobile. Given the choice between the Epcot ride with the wait it normally has or the subs with the wait they normally have, I'd pick the Seas nine times out of ten.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom