Adventurer's club.

luna99

Original Poster
That being said, I would tell anyone, if you have watched Monty Python or Black Adder and you didnt think that was funny, stay out of the AC. It probably isn't you cup of tea. Conversely, if you think John Cleese is gods gift to humor, then you need to get to the AC and check it out.

well, I haven't seen Black Adder but I do like Monty Python and I love Mr. Bean and Red Dwarf, so I'm guessing it'd be great fun. (for me).

metscool

The greatest place there. Sadly I felt a little tried tonight after being there the last 7 nights. I love them. I love Kiki the maid. WWWWhhhhhhyyy did she have to have tonight off.

The greatest place there. Sadly I felt a little tried tonight after being there the last 7 nights. I love them. I love Kiki the maid. WWWWhhhhhhyyy did she have to have tonight off.

You sound a little stalkerish, hun, lol

I adore the Adventurer's Club. It's excellent. However, I thought Monty Python was kind of a weird movie, so there you go....

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
While the AC is an obsession to you, to the actors... IT'S JUST A JOB! And like any other job, sometimes you need a day off.

jonesenon4

:sohappy: we went for the first time in sept. and loved it. we went in just to see what it was about and ended up staying for 3 shows. but like others have said its not for everyone i guess. but the song of the adventurers is now our family song. MARCHING ALONG WE'RE ADVENTURERS, SINGING THE SONG OF ADVENTURERS, UP OR DOWN NORTH ,SOUTH, EAST, OR WEST AN ADVENTURERS LIFE IS BEST.:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: KUNGALOOSH

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
do a youtube search for Adventurer's Club and you'll find some great vids. My FAVORITE Hoopla (HOOPLA!!) song is "Mailman" :lol:

slappy magoo

well, I haven't seen Black Adder but I do like Monty Python and I love Mr. Bean and Red Dwarf, so I'm guessing it'd be great fun. (for me).

To me, Adventurer's Club is like a combination of P e e Wee's Playhouse and Christopher Guest comedies. It's like P e e-Wee in that the characters are fun and boisterous & outrageous & childlike. But it's clearly not for kids, per se, though there's very little a parent would be upset at his/her child seeing. There is all sorts of odd stuff to see during the pre-show. A lot of eye-candy (in the non-dirty-old-man way...though some of those maids...yowza).

And it's like Christopher Guest comedies in that, while there is a structure to each show (and, indeed the entire night of shows has a sliver of a narrative thread to it), there is also a lot of in-character improvisation going on as well. The night is not entirely scripted. Add to this the "unknown" element of audience participation/reaction, and of course the booze, and you have an incredibly fun atmosphere for people too tired for, too old for, or just plain fed-up with, nnn-tsss nnn-tsss nnn-tsss bump and grind, did-that-jerk-just-check-you-out, did-that-chick-just-check-ME-out, I'm-so-drunk-and-hot-I-don't-know-WHAT-I'm-doing-and-I-don't-care nightclub "fun." You're under no pressure to stay or do anything but enjoy yourself, and if you're not enjoying yourself, you vamoose to one of the other clubs. Personally, when I go to PI, I'm content just to go to AC.

Me too...from open to close. And the best part is while they are having the show part of the performance, just hang out in the lobby and relax and interact with the characters....

I'd never been to anything at PI aside from The Adventurer's Club and Comedy Warehouse up until last night...my coworkers convinced me to go to 8-Trax, so I went. It was...kind of awful. I got hit on by a 40 year old man who followed me out and tried to make me get into his car with him. Not my idea of fun. Give me the Adventurer's Club any night!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I'd never been to anything at PI aside from The Adventurer's Club and Comedy Warehouse up until last night...my coworkers convinced me to go to 8-Trax, so I went. It was...kind of awful. I got hit on by a 40 year old man who followed me out and tried to make me get into his car with him. Not my idea of fun. Give me the Adventurer's Club any night!
Sorry about that. I get a little flirty when I drink.:lol:

Frank Stallone

Oh, come on! That's the best part of Pleasure Island! The middle-agers at 8-trax always are good for a laugh. One of these days John Travolta is going to show up when they play "Stayin Alive"....one of these days...

Oh, come on! That's the best part of Pleasure Island! The middle-agers at 8-trax always are good for a laugh. One of these days John Travolta is going to show up when they play "Stayin Alive"....one of these days...

If I'm going to be hit on by an older man, his name had better be Hathaway Browne :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom