Adventureland Veranda - Skipper Canteen restaurant

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Wednesday, Aug 19.

IMG_5967.JPG

note2001

I have been thinking that also, unless the rest of the interior is well under way and these restrooms are the very last piece to be completed.
I think they could finish this up in time.
Calling all pixies to Adventureland. (Tink hears the call and flies off in the opposite direction... typical.)

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
So has it been confirmed for a Dec opening or is this still just speculation?... I thought they said fall 2015 and to me Dec is winter...

Crazydisneyfanluke

I have been thinking that also, unless the rest of the interior is well under way and these restrooms are the very last piece to be completed.
I think they could finish this up in time.
Just wondering if there was an end date to the permit, if so what is it? have you seen any other permits for the veranda?

Magenta Panther

I've always thought the Jungle Cruise to be very cheezy, and that Walt would have gotten rid of it by now because it's horribly dated. But somehow, the addition of this Skipper Canteen has changed my mind. I think it's because this Canteen is going to have a sense of humor. Sort of a minor Adventurer's Club. Since I wasn't fortunate to experience the Adventurer's Club, this Canteen has me really excited. I hope it's great. I can't wait to experience it.

Last edited:

JoeCamel

I dont understand what I'm looking at in this picture. Is this the backside of the facility? Where was the photo taken from?

This is the side you would see if you walked the bridge into Adventureland if the bushes were not screening it so it faces the Hub. Picture was taken from the small bridge to Frontierland or just behind the planter with the triple palm in it toward the canal.

The yellow boom at the bottom next to the black silt fence is in the water and the three doors you see above on the balcony is the Dan's rest/dressing area.

FrankLapidus

I think this will be a great addition, I love the attraction and I'll definitely be giving the restaurant a try when I visit next year.

Between this and Jock Lindsay's Hangar at Disney Springs I'm impressed with the theming Disney are going with for some of their new dining options.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom