Pre-Trip Adventure is out there!

6.6.2015: A beautiful day inside and out, filled with friends, family, and of course, Disney! And I married my best friend and my Mickey Mouse.
FotorCreated.jpg

'Happily Ever After' was the theme of our wedding, we danced to an instrumental version of Tale as Old as Time, and guests signed their names in balloons for an 'Adventure is out there!' guestbook.

While we're still reliving the magic of that day and night, we are also giddy with excitement of what's to come...
IMG_8010.JPG

And not only "Until Disney"...but "Until Disney Land & Sea!" (C'mon Etsy, get it done!)

Let's get to it!

The Cast
Me and my husband (wow that's weird to say!) J. This will be our 6th trip to Disney together, and our 2nd Disney Cruise! Can't forget out babies, Goofy & Pluto.
IMG_2017.JPG

The Story
In a nutshell, we had the honeymoon planned before the wedding. ;) We've been going to Disney every fall and it has always worked wonderfully for us. So yes, September is far away from June, but it'll be worth the wait in many ways. And considering how busy we've been since the wedding, I'm actually glad we decided against going on our honeymoon right away. It gave us time to open presents, write thank you notes, spend time with people, do all that paperwork stuff, and just appreciate the simple things. But now it's full steam ahead for the Disneymoon! And since this is a Disneymoon, this opportunity was practically screaming "MAKE ME A LAND & SEA TRIP!!!"

The Plan
7 days at Walt Disney World! We booked this trip as a Free Dining bounceback. It was nice to have the peace of mind that we wouldn't have to scramble to get the deal or resort that we wanted - definitely doing this again. :p

Speaking of resort...we're staying at Pop Century. I know - sounds very honeymoon-y doesn't it? :hilarious: We seriously considered upgrading our resort choice this trip, especially with all the Disney Gift Cards and $$$ we got as gifts but we just couldn't justify the cost. We spend all of our time playing. After much deliberation, we decided to save the deluxes for when we have children. It will definitely be more worth it then - in many ways.

Dining is all booked and I am very pleased. I'll make a subsequent post with a more detailed itinerary of each day with our choices. I love food. *sigh*

On Day 8, we will rent a car (perks of being 25 woohoo...) and roadtrip to Miami, FL. (Sounds romantic right? :D I'm actually pretty excited. Got my Disney music and my man - I'm good to go!)

We're spending the night at the Holiday Inn on Biscayne Boulevard, right by the Port of Miami.

Then it's onto a 4 night Bahamian Cruise on the Disney Magic! Our last Disney Cruise was on the Dream in 2012 and I've been itching to go [Disney] cruising so badly. On a different and reimagined ship at that! We have an Oceanview room which should be plenty adequate for us. We had a verandah on the Dream, but it was that nice plexiglass stuff. Not sure I would pay the same for the solid wall on the Magic. I caught the plexiglass bug. ;)

We'll be stopping at Castaway Cay, Nassau, and Key West. Everyone loves CC for obvious reasons, and we've never been to Key West, so there is plenty of adventure to be had! Our excursion booking date is coming up next week and right now, the big decision is...should we or should we not do the Atlantis Aquaventure? Expensive-yes, looks fun-yes, never-will-we-ever stay at Atlantis so when else would we be able try it? But then, is it even worth it? Topic of discussion this weekend. :)

Excited to eat at all the restaurants, to watch all the shows, to look fancy, and to spend all the time in the world together.

That's all for now! Thanks for reading - there will be more to come!

Last edited:

bee

Wow, this sounds super exciting! We have never done a Disney cruise but it's definitely on our wish list! Have so much fun!

belledream

Original Poster
Wow, this sounds super exciting! We have never done a Disney cruise but it's definitely on our wish list! Have so much fun!
Thank you! DCL is wonderful and I hope you and your family can definitely give it a try someday! We couldn't go every year like we do Disney, so our goal is to go on all 4 ships to different places at some point. :p I'm eyeing that Alaskan Cruise on the Wonder...bounceback cruise hmmm...:D

Last edited:

belledream

Original Poster
Here's a more detailed post about our envisioned itinerary! (starting with the first four days)

Day 1: The day that almost never was! But earlier this year, we decided to treat ourselves and add an extra day at the beginning of our vacation...just because! We arrive at MCO right before 9AM – and the fun begins! Love MCO. We'll DME our way to Pop Century and check-in, but it doesn't matter to us whether the room is ready or not because we're on our way to the Magic Kingdom!

Even though it won't be a full day (it's a MNSSHP night and we're not going) we just felt that our Disneymoon would get off to the most magical start by starting at the happiest place at the Happiest Place on Earth! We just want to walk down Main Street and savor the sights, the smells, and take some pictures with our Bride & Groom ears as we make our way to Be Our Guest for lunch. After an exhilarating afternoon of riding the classics, taking a billion pictures, and the general ‘OMG I can’t believe we’re here!’ we will slow it down a bit and take that peaceful boat to Polynesian and dine at Kona Café. The plan is to catch Hallowishes from Poly beach or Grand Floridian docks. We’ll have to scope it out. I just can’t wait for that moment before the fireworks begin and we sit in the dark listening to the water ebb and flow toward. Pure bliss.

Then it’s back to Pop Century for some unpacking, rest, and dreaming.

Day 2: Nothing like spending your first full morning at EPCOT! I can see the big ball, the fresh fountain, and hear the music already! I love those mornings in Future World. I feel so free! Our lunch QS spot is still undecided since we really enjoy Sunshine Seasons, but also eat so much TS at EPCOT that we hardly get to try the World Showcase QS options anymore! And I want to try Schoolbread at Norway, but every time we go, I’m too full…first world problems. Afternoons are spent perusing the World Showcase shops and sights, and dinner will be at Spice Road Table! Full of food, EPCOT sunsets, and IIlluminations – the best way to end the day.

Day 3: We’re going to Hollywood Studios, and despite the fact that we’ll be missing out on Frozen Summer Fun (had a blast last year), I’m still excited! Toy Story Mania and Tower of Terror are some of my favorite rides at WDW and you bet we’ll be going on multiple times! It’ll be weird to walk down Hollywood Boulevard and not see the Sorcerer’s Hat (it’s been around since I was young, so I don’t really remember MGM - I mean HS - without it) but I get the appeal of the theater as the icon at the end of the street as well. Lunch is still up in the air…I’m actually thinking Min & Bills? Something delicious and disgusting like Barbecued Pulled Pork Macaroni & Cheese and a milkshake. Dinner will be at Mama Melrose and as previously discussed, I’m very much looking forward to it. We love exploring the shops at HS, and just parking it on a bench at night at enjoy the colorful signs and atmosphere. Fantasmic! then back to Pop and maybe find the time to swim!

Day 4: Because I have to visit all 4 parks before revisiting another…it’s an Animal Kingdom kind of day! We flourish in AK mornings. Everything is so lush and peaceful, yet exciting and full of adventure. I can’t wait to see the new Harambe Market and try basically everything on the menu. Yeah, we’ll probably get Poop Cookies cause we’re suckers and tourists. I LOVE new things at WDW.

When we’re done with our AK adventure, it’s on the next one. We’ll be making our way to Wilderness Lodge for dinner at Whispering Canyon! I know this isn’t supposed to be some culinary masterpiece, but we’re just looking for some good ol’ fun. Plus, it’s been 2 years since we visited WL and we have such happy memories of our last visit. It’ll be good! I’m even thinking we’ll make our way to Fort Wilderness (time permitting). I haven’t been there since I was like 7 and I’m pretty sure J didn’t even know it existed...I remember pony rides and campfires.

Our plan is to watch Hallowishes (yet again, wish it was Wishes this time!) from Contemporary. We tried this for the first time last year and it blew our minds.

Halfway through the Land portion of the Disneymoon and it's only going to get better!

belledream

Original Poster
Continuing on!

Day 5:
First real full day at MK and boy, it will be full! 8am BOG breakfast and evening EMH...16 hours in the Magic Kingdom sounds good to me. Lunch will...also be at BOG...and so will dinner...come to think of it. It had to happen. I love those days that you feel like you have all the time in the world - it makes me feel warm and fuzzy. And that's exactly what this day will be. From running amok between our favorite rides, to finding a bit of shade and snacking on something delicious while people-watching...what more could we ask for? This will be our first night to catch Main Street Electrical Parade and Wishes. I kinda personally like standing on Main Street right in front of the castle and watching. Yes, it's crowded, but Celebrate the Magic is amazing and to be able to stand in front of the castle and just take in how big and colorful it becomes is just wonderful to me.

Day 6: We're thinking about leaving Pop a little early this morning and wandering over to our neighbor, Art of Animation, and exploring for the first time, as we will probably not stay there for a very long time – if ever, even. But I’m all for the in-your-face Disney theming everywhere and this seems right up my alley!

Then it’s back to EPCOT for some Food & Wine fun! We're in the process of researching booths and making our list, but we definitely want to go back to Hawaii. That pork slider and tuna poke/seaweed salad...drool. And something I'm obsessed with that J just observes with mild intrigue: The Marketplace Discovery Passport! I was obsessed with collecting all the stamps, even if we didn't get anything from a booth. And I got mad when a few of the stamps didn't turn out as pretty as I hoped. Anyways...all that snacking is going to make us hungry for dinner at Yachtsman's Steakhouse. Ooh delicious goodness - I can't wait! And definitely hope to catch a beautiful sunset by Crescent Lake afterwards.

Day 7: It’s our last park day and we’ll spend it at Magic Kingdom – but for the first time ever, we’ll be say goodnight instead of just goodbye to the Magic Kingdom. I don’t know if that’ll make it easier or harder to leave – probably harder. But we’re going to take full advantage of being able to play our hearts out on our last day and leave the park to crash at our resort instead of getting on a bus to go to the airport. And I’m real excited. Curveball: we’re thinking about paying OOP for Plaza Restaurant for dinner. It’s been probably close to two decades (I can actually say that?!) for me. And again, it's one of those places J didn’t even know existed.

Day 8: And we’re going on a roadtrip! Well actually, first, we’re going to spend the morning at Boardwalk. I really want to eat QS at Boardwalk Bakery and ride those surrey bikes around! We might minigolf at Fantasia Gardens. Whatever we choose to do, it will be full of food and peace. It’s going to be hard to leave, but we don’t want to get to Miami too late, so we’ll say See Ya Real Soon! to WDW and grab our rental car from Dolphin. It’s onto the next part of our adventure!

belledream

Original Poster
So...Miami. Never been there before, and will probably only spend a few (conscious) hours there, but I'm excited! We're staying at the Holiday Inn right by the Port of Miami and it's really close to food & shopping at Bayside Marketplace. Just what my heart desires!
41424_221_z.jpg

Actually what my heart desires is to get on that ship, so I'm going to behave and attempt to sleep early.

We'll cab to the port and embark the next morning. I like surprises. I like seeing things with my own eyes for the first time. Therefore, I've tried my best to avoid pictures of the Disney Magic's interior...mainly the lobby and restaurants. So I can't wait for that magnificent moment when we walk into the lobby and are announced as a family!

Look how pretty!
disney-magic-ship.jpg

This picture is pre-refurbishment, so it's missing one of the greatest perks of sailing on the Disney Magic: The AquaDunk.
Disney-Magic_Full_18604.jpg

I looooved the AquaDuck on the Dream. I loved how you could look to the left and see the ocean. You could look to the right and see everyone on deck. The lights, the surge of movement. So. Freakin. Cool. The AquaDunk will be a different kind of cool, and I'm ready! :cool:
maxresdefault.jpg

Weeeee!

We'll be staying in an Oceanview Stateroom and I expect it to be something along the lines of this:
2uo04ls.jpg

Absolutely perfect for the two of us.

AHHHH I can't wait! I've been so caught up in wedding planning, tying up post-wedding items, and obsessing over what I'm going to eat at WDW that I forgot what emotions come to me when I think about Disney-crusin' again! That red pillow (on sale at disneystore.com for
$189.95 if you care), that color palette, the thought of standing against the railing feeling the sea and wind caress my face...pure bliss.

Last edited:

belledream

Original Poster
Cruise itinerary time!
Day 1: Embark the Disney Magic and proceed to stuff our faces at Cabanas. Wander the ship and soak it all in. You bet I'll be one of the first in line for the AquaDunk. Also, we are officially Castaway Club members...Silver level, wooo! Can't wait to see what the stateroom gift is. :D

The shows listed for our cruise are:
Villains Tonight!
Twice Charmed: An Original Twist on the Cinderella Story
Remember the Magic: A Final Farewell
Disney Dreams – An Enchanted Classic

Villains-Tonight.jpg

We saw Villains on our Dream cruise and it was the bomb! I'm so glad for the repeat! Unfortuantely, Tangled the Musical won't be ready in time for our cruise. I am super bummed...I love Tangled...more...than...Frozen. Ah well, can't win them all. We'll just have to return someday. :)

Restaurants in rotation are:
Animator's Palette
Cariocas
Lumiere's

Oh yes...a little bit of magic, a lot of the fun, and the perfect dose of glamour...plus I'm going to eat everything!

Day 2:
It's Castaway Cay day!
Castaway_cay_kids_beach.jpg

What an amazing place. This was without question, the highlight of our last cruise and I'm pretty sure it will be a winner again this time around! We didn't book any excursions, but we plan to do a few things:
1. Lounge on the beach (obviously)
2. Rent floaties/watertrike/or both
3. Eat lobster rolls at Cookie's Too
4. Rent bikes and bike around the island, especially that landing strip!
5. Sit back and savor Serenity Bay.

I believe it's going to be Pirates IN the Caribbean night, but I'm not entirely sure. Either way, we will be prepared with our pirate gear! Deck parties and fireworks - only Disney can do that.
disney_dream_characters.jpg

Day 3:
Nassau. We'll probably take our time on this day to meander our way around town and to a public beach. (We decided nay for the time being on the Atlantis Aquaventure). Last time, we enjoyed a wonderful afternoon on the beach with no 'we gotta do this-that' pressure.
Nassau-Bahamas-894165.jpeg

We might even wander back onto the ship for lunch! I also want to get one of those day passes for the spa. I'm totally not a spa/massage person, but I hear they have different aromatherapy steam rooms and showers? I want to try that!
dreamspa2.jpg

We'll probably have lots of energy this day to check out the "nightlife scene" on this night. Some of our best memories are wandering the ship late at night when most other people are asleep. :)

Day 4:
Key West - but first:

palo-brunch-menu-disney-magic-5.jpg

Palo brunch! This is our treat to ourselves...no big excursions, just a big meal. And we're ready. We were born for this.

Never been to Key West and we're not sure what we're going to do besides explore the town and other touristy things (we don't get off the ship until noon anyways) but something that caught J's attention was this "Southernmost Point" attraction. "But it's not the Southernmost Point. You can see an even more south point right there!!!" -J
key-west-southernmost.jpg

Lol anywhos, just going to savor our last day, hope for good weather, and spend more time on our beautiful ship. :inlove:

Really hoping to see some spectacular sunrises and sunsets, and enjoy the little treats along the way.

Day 5:
Too soon enough, it'll be Sea Ya Real Soon! time. We'll have our last breakfast and disembark.
hqdefault.jpg

Luckily for us, we get to say "See Ya Real Soon!" to the time of our lives!

Last edited:

belledream

Original Poster
It looks amazing. I've always wanted to go on a cruise!
Make it a land and sea someday! :) A 3-night Bahamian cruise from Port Canaveral might be just perfect! DCL is also leaving from New York in 2016. Good news of East Coasters!

You will have so much fun! I have never planned my meals like you do but I like your choices.
Woot! Thanks! Yeah, we like to OD on the planning, especially when it comes to food. Sometimes, I'm more excited for a meal than for a ride or something of that sort. :hilarious:

Ciara

You guys sounds like you will be there right around the time we are! My grandparents used to live in Key West and it is amazing, i think you will like it. Tons of history and touristy things, like the Hemingway house but also world famous bars! If your interested, i recommend going to the top of the la concha hotel for a drink! Its a rooftop deck that over looks the whole city, its beautiful! Also if your staying until sunset, there is great entertainment along the water at night! I hope you have an amazing trip!

belledream

Original Poster
You guys sounds like you will be there right around the time we are! My grandparents used to live in Key West and it is amazing, i think you will like it. Tons of history and touristy things, like the Hemingway house but also world famous bars! If your interested, i recommend going to the top of the la concha hotel for a drink! Its a rooftop deck that over looks the whole city, its beautiful! Also if your staying until sunset, there is great entertainment along the water at night! I hope you have an amazing trip!
Wow, thanks so much for the tips! It''ll be fun to just wander. I love awesome views! Will definitey put that on our list. :) We'll be there from 12 to 5ish so no sunset for us along the beach for us, but hopefully we'll catch it from the ship. :p Thanks again and hope you have a wonderful trip as well!

smk

Recent trends in delaying the honeymoon until a few months after the wedding are so smart! You are right, there is a lot of paperwork for us ladies and getting it done right away just feels good, check that off the list! PLUS, you get to extend the joy of planning! I loved planning my wedding 34 years ago but spent so much time planning all the details I felt like our honeymoon was an after thought. By putting it off a few months it actually allows you both to plan your days together and the stress of the wedding is gone. Great idea!

You trip sounds perfect! Enjoy!

belledream

Original Poster
Recent trends in delaying the honeymoon until a few months after the wedding are so smart! You are right, there is a lot of paperwork for us ladies and getting it done right away just feels good, check that off the list! PLUS, you get to extend the joy of planning! I loved planning my wedding 34 years ago but spent so much time planning all the details I felt like our honeymoon was an after thought. By putting it off a few months it actually allows you both to plan your days together and the stress of the wedding is gone. Great idea!

You trip sounds perfect! Enjoy!
Amen to that. That is exactly how I feel! Feels good to get things in order so we can jet off into paradise without a care in the world. :) Also a small thing that's really a first-world problem is the amount of pictures I take. Couldn't imagine having to sort through wedding + almost 2 weeks worth of Disney fun at the same time! ;) Thanks for reading!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom