Adults in Costume

emcclay

Original Poster
Lately, I have been seeing more and more adults in costume in the parks. Saw "Rapunzel" this week and now "Elsa" on the livestream. I thought this was a no-no? Most of us probably remember the Tinkerbell incident..

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Technically they can turn you away but you always sorta could wear them as long as you do not look exactly like the character (to avoid confusion) and that you do not wear a face mask. It's mostly adult women they allow when it's not for MNSSHP. I have seen women do it many times not just for Halloween etc. :)

AndyS2992

Oh yes, ''Disney Bounding'' is also acceptable as long as you can't be confused for the character themself, eg:
1375315558_1636_snowwhite.jpg

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
There are a ton of adults in costume at the mk today - I was quite shocked as well.

Costumes were allowed today for the 24 hour event.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/24-hour-event/
  • Costumes will be permitted during the event at Walt Disney World Resort. However, costumes should be child-friendly and adhere to any guidelines determined by Disney.
  • Costumes should not be obstructive, offensive or violent; drag on the ground; contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another Guest; contain any weapons or objects which resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
  • Masks may be worn, but they must not obstruct vision, and eyes must be visible at all times.
  • Guests who dress like Disney characters may not pose for pictures or sign autographs.
  • Guests who do not adhere to these guidelines may be refused admission.
They also allow costumes with the same rules for Halloween Parties and Star Wars Weekends

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Costumes were allowed today for the 24 hour event.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/24-hour-event/
  • Costumes will be permitted during the event at Walt Disney World Resort. However, costumes should be child-friendly and adhere to any guidelines determined by Disney.
  • Costumes should not be obstructive, offensive or violent; drag on the ground; contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another Guest; contain any weapons or objects which resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
  • Masks may be worn, but they must not obstruct vision, and eyes must be visible at all times.
  • Guests who dress like Disney characters may not pose for pictures or sign autographs.
  • Guests who do not adhere to these guidelines may be refused admission.
They also allow costumes with the same rules for Halloween Parties and Star Wars Weekends
Yes but OP and some others were talking about other days in the parks as well. It mostly seems to be Disney "bounding" as pictured above and they are allowing that. :)

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Yes but OP and some others were talking about other days in the parks as well. It mostly seems to be Disney "bounding" as pictured above and they are allowing that. :)

You are right the rest of the time they are not allowed. Disney Bounding is allowed - in fact I'm pretty sure that is how Disney Bounding was created to get around the no costumes for adults rule. :)

COrunner

As someone who was staying at WDW during MNSSHP a few years ago and happened to be in San Diego during Comic Con I can assure you that if you tell adults they can wear costumes there will definitely be those that go all out. Personally I admire the creativity and skill that people put into their outfits and so long as they aren't affecting others experience in the park I'm okay with it.

This is the first year we are going to MNSSHP and right now we are trying to figure out what costumes we want to do. Family of 3, with Mrs. CORunner and DD who will be 4 and 'Won't dress like princesses daddy, I like boy stuff!' When we asked what she wanted to go as she said 'A crane bird'. Last year she went as Jake so we may be doing a little recycling.

blueboxdoctor

It's probably because we're no longer as stuck up as we once were. Back in the day people worse suits to the boardwalk in the summer, now that's clearly not the case. As for costumes at the park, the mainstream appeal of geek culture we now live in (well, it has been growing towards this for a while) has made dressing as your favorite character not only acceptable, but kind of the norm. From what I read on another thread, it was apparently Star Wars weekend at WDW this past weekend, and a lot of people were dressed up. Same goes for when I went on Halloween. If people are having fun then why not? Though, I do think they're not allowed to do it if they resemble the actual characters too much (for WDW that is, though, I have seen much better Elsa cosplay outside of WDW than the funny Elsa wig they have the Elsas at WDW wear).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom