ADR time

biggsworth

Original Poster
I have seen different results so I want to ask as I need to log in tomorrow to reserve my ADRs. If I want to do it online is it 6am EST or 7am EST? TIA

thanks! hoping to snag BOG dinner and Dine with an imgineer.
Good luck! ADR day is always so much fun, especially when it falls on a convenient day like a weekend.
I've never looked into Dine with an Imagineer. Is it private, just your party and the imagineer, or are there multiple groups of guests?

biggsworth

Original Poster
Good luck! ADR day is always so much fun, especially when it falls on a convenient day like a weekend.
I've never looked into Dine with an Imagineer. Is it private, just your party and the imagineer, or are there multiple groups of guests?
Here is what I wrote about when I did it 5 years ago. The group was probably 10 people maybe 12 I forget

The food was great. I got soup, cobb salad, filet steak and grapefruit cake.

We got imagineer Steve Probus Set Director. His team is responsible for items that are placed on attractions. He is based in Florida but works all over as needed. Currently he just finished up on the Dream and is heavily involved with the Hawaiian project. he will be going to Tokyo to help the two parks with props in the near future. Some of his past projects that he worked on was ToT and HM refurb and EE. Of course many others but he talked about these ones a lot which is great for me as they are some of my favorites. his favorite attraction is EE.

He shared with us many details that go into the planning of each attraction. For EE a team was sent over to Asia for two years to study the lore and legends of the area to help theme EE. While they are over there they also would buy items that would help represent the area while being placed on the ride. All of the items you see there are from the country which is pretty neat. You can definitely tell the level of detail that went into the ride and listening to him talk about it even re-enforced that for me.

I asked him what is his most memorable item he purchased for an attraction and he told us about a bass that took him a while to purchase from the owner. This bass was for the music room on the HM. If I remember correctly it took him about 6 months and to go over budget to get the owner to sell it. The Bass is from the time period that the HM is set in which makes it a good addition to the room. You can see it on the right of the Piano.

Steve was very friendly and informative and I would do this experience every time I go to Florida. His passion for the job he does is to the highest level which is great to see as he is responsible for placing items in the attractions we all love. We had a hand in the new pooh queue as well I forgot to mention that above. And according to him there will be a lot more of that to come
smile.png
I did manage to answer a question right and get a prize from him. I don't have a great picture of it but it;s pictured below. Two wine glasses for the 50th anniversary of WDI

For those who want to know the questions it was, "Who was the first imagineer?"

Here is what I wrote about when I did it 5 years ago. The group was probably 10 people maybe 12 I forget

The food was great. I got soup, cobb salad, filet steak and grapefruit cake.

We got imagineer Steve Probus Set Director. His team is responsible for items that are placed on attractions. He is based in Florida but works all over as needed. Currently he just finished up on the Dream and is heavily involved with the Hawaiian project. he will be going to Tokyo to help the two parks with props in the near future. Some of his past projects that he worked on was ToT and HM refurb and EE. Of course many others but he talked about these ones a lot which is great for me as they are some of my favorites. his favorite attraction is EE.

He shared with us many details that go into the planning of each attraction. For EE a team was sent over to Asia for two years to study the lore and legends of the area to help theme EE. While they are over there they also would buy items that would help represent the area while being placed on the ride. All of the items you see there are from the country which is pretty neat. You can definitely tell the level of detail that went into the ride and listening to him talk about it even re-enforced that for me.

I asked him what is his most memorable item he purchased for an attraction and he told us about a bass that took him a while to purchase from the owner. This bass was for the music room on the HM. If I remember correctly it took him about 6 months and to go over budget to get the owner to sell it. The Bass is from the time period that the HM is set in which makes it a good addition to the room. You can see it on the right of the Piano.

Steve was very friendly and informative and I would do this experience every time I go to Florida. His passion for the job he does is to the highest level which is great to see as he is responsible for placing items in the attractions we all love. We had a hand in the new pooh queue as well I forgot to mention that above. And according to him there will be a lot more of that to come
smile.png
I did manage to answer a question right and get a prize from him. I don't have a great picture of it but it;s pictured below. Two wine glasses for the 50th anniversary of WDI

For those who want to know the questions it was, "Who was the first imagineer?"

Wow! That sounds like a really neat experience, and a lot of fuel for thought. I noticed that this is available at both Hollywood Brown Derby and Citricos, so my next question was going to be, if dining at HBD is the discussion limited to Hollywood Studios? From your response I see that it isn't. Thank you for providing details. Are the topics discussed ones that the imagineer provides, or can the guests start a topic? I'm assuming the chat session lasts for the duration of a normal meal time. Is that accurate?

edited for spelling

Last edited:

biggsworth

Original Poster
Wow! That sounds like a really neat experience, and a lot of fuel for thought. I noticed that this is available at both Hollywood Brown Derby and Citricos, so my next question was going to be, if dining at HBD is the discussion limited to Hollywood Studios? From your response I see that it isn't. Thank you for proving details. Are the topics discussed ones that the imagineer provides, or can the guests start a topic? I'm assuming the chat session lasts for the duration of a normal meal time. Is that accurate?

In my case I asked a lot of questions everyone else was shy lol. I asked the first question about the mot expensive prop. When he finished he looked around when no one asked anything I asked another :) I remember I asked him what he thought about hidden mickeys onto the attractions and if they are forced or organically added. He gave a very colorful answer I won't repeat LOL

In my case I asked a lot of questions everyone else was shy lol. I asked the first question about the mot expensive prop. When he finished he looked around when no one asked anything I asked another :) I remember I asked him what he thought about hidden mickeys onto the attractions and if they are forced or organically added. He gave a very colorful answer I won't repeat LOL
hahaha! Enough said :)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I grabbed a 705 reservation for CA grill. Is there any chance that we can eat slow enough to be there for the fireworks at 9?
Yes. You can stay as long as you like. The servers expect any tables which arrive 2-2.5 hours prior to the fireworks to remain. They will not rush you. Tell your server you are in no hurry and he/she will pace your meal accordingly. We had a 7:05 last week and did not leave the restaurant until 9:35.

danyoung56

I've had several meals at the CG that have lasted 2 hours or more. As said above, just tell your server to take it easy. They'll even hold dessert till after the fireworks if you want.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom