ADR due tomorrow but adding DDP later. help!

dlmof2

Original Poster
First my 180 days is tomorrow. I have resort reservations that were book via dvc from a friend. I have plans on adding DDP but my friend has not got around to it yet. If I make my reservation without having dining plan do I have to pay anything at time of reservation. And if so do I get the money credited back to me when I add DDP.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
First my 180 days is tomorrow. I have resort reservations that were book via dvc from a friend. I have plans on adding DDP but my friend has not got around to it yet. If I make my reservation without having dining plan do I have to pay anything at time of reservation. And if so do I get the money credited back to me when I add DDP.

You will have to prepay any of the prepay meals and give a credit card guarantee at others. They will refund you back when you add the DDP later. They say it can take up to a month though. Most people get the charges back pretty quick.

stevehousse

I believe the only meals/shows you have to pay in advance are at Cinderellas Royal Table, Spirit of Aloha, Hoop Dee Doo, and Mickeys Backyard BBQ. If you don't plan on getting adrs for these few places, then nothing is due up front except a CC to hold the reservation, no charge. The only way you will be charged if you are a no show the day off.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I believe the only meals/shows you have to pay in advance are at Cinderellas Royal Table, Spirit of Aloha, Hoop Dee Doo, and Mickeys Backyard BBQ. If you don't plan on getting adrs for these few places, then nothing is due up front except a CC to hold the reservation, no charge. The only way you will be charged if you are a no show the day off.
Yeap, that list sounds right.

Drummer1

You do have to be a little careful when adding your dining plan after the fact. Such as, if you already have a specific room type in mind reserved, and add or upgrade a dining plan on your account, they have to cancel your already existing reservation on your room, and reopen a different one. When this happens, they have to refund the total amount you have already paid to your credit card, and will expect payment again. At least a $200 down payment to make the reservation.

We just went through this with having a river view room reserved at POFQ already booked and a week later added a QS dining plan. They then had to cancel our reservation and start a new one. We had to wait a few days to get our money back into the account before we could pay for the new room and dining plan. We did end up keeping a river view room though. Then, a few weeks later, we upgraded to the TS dining plan and had to go through the whole process of canceling and reopening again. However, this time, we lost our river view room because they had booked all of them by the time we were able to get back into the system. However, through all of this, every one of our FP+ and ADR's stayed right where they were, just the room reservation was changed. We'll be heading down there in a few weeks, and I'm sure by the time we get there I won't care anymore. But, it was definitely a big stressful hassle that caused a bit of bickering between the DW and I. I was told by a CM to complain to a manager and they would make it all better. But, I have yet to do so.

CaptainAmerica

You do have to be a little careful when adding your dining plan after the fact. Such as, if you already have a specific room type in mind reserved, and add or upgrade a dining plan on your account, they have to cancel your already existing reservation on your room, and reopen a different one. When this happens, they have to refund the total amount you have already paid to your credit card, and will expect payment again. At least a $200 down payment to make the reservation.
You must have had a bad agent because that's certainly not necessary. Yes, they have to cancel and rebook when you go from a room only reservation to a "package," but it's incorrect that they have to refund your money and then make you pay a new deposit. They absolutely can transfer whatever you paid on the old reservation and apply it to your new one.

Drummer1

Yes, true that they can just transfer the money over, they were able to do that the second time and I just paid the difference for the upgrade. But not the initial purchase of a dining plan. I was mainly pointing out that we lost our room reservation for a river view room, that we had already paid for, by going through the process. I called back when I noticed the change to our room type, and they told me they had applied the extra cost of the river view room to the upgraded dining plan. Which basically meant I paid $130 for the upgrade rather than ~$200.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom