Admit it, you felt it...

MyNameisStitch

Original Poster
Alright, I got a question for everyone.

Most of us get a little watery eyed during the fireworks show. We may not like to admit it but it happens.

Here's my question,
Have you ever found yourself getting watery eyed someplace you didn't expect it?

My example-
I went to MGM and Epcot on Monday and Magic Kingdom on Tuesday. We hit MGM first and caught a showing of LMA at around 4:00 I think it was. We took our seat and the show started. About halfway through the show during one of the chase scenes, I lost it and it was completely unexpected. I remember thinking to myself "Why during LMA?" LOL. Same thing happened to me during Philharmagic in the Whole New World scene but I love that song.

Anybody else have this happen? Don't be shy :)

-DGJ

LilDucky

Everyone that knows me well can honestly say that I hardly if EVER cry. Im notorious in my family for being very "stoic" and a bit of a bad , but I have to admit, I came close to crying the first time I saw Philharmagic, and I still get the urge to cry every time I see Fantasmic. I get very misty eyed during both shows! I had to really work to hold back those tears! They just bring back so many memories!

stitchlvr

I'm an admitted crybaby...I cry during commercials, Extreme Home Makeover, just about any and all chick flicks...so I'm not embarrassed to admit that I got teary eyed a whole bunch at WDW...

Philharmagic
Winnie the Pooh (when we got to ride with Piglet!)
Splash Mountain (my dad used to tell me stories of Brer Fox and friends and he's no longer with us so it made me think of him)
Hall of Presidents (we saw it for the first time just a few days after Ronald Reagan's death)
Wishes
Fantasmic
watching my daughters dance with Magic Music Days, just a few weeks after my oldest broke her foot
Illuminations
Festival of the Lion King (the opening song always gets me!)
Riding the Aladdin ride (only because my son is a big chicken and didn't want to go, and I was so proud of him that he got on, and he ended up loving it and we rode it 3 or 4 times, the last time we were on it, Wishes started and it was a neat view!)

I could go on and on... :drevil:

DarkImage4

The oddest place....

First day of my honetmoon...In the gift shop in the Contemporary...near bawl fest that I couldn't explain.

Of course theres always Spectromagic and Reflections of Earth as well as walking into the MK for the first time....

MickeyMad

I fess-up, I cried at all the shows and the fireworks and in fact I cried a little just entering the park (only been once back in 2002) but hopefully going again this year where I will have a good supply of tissues!

brkgnews

Let's see...

Spectromagic when everyone starts clapping for Mickey.

Wishes

We Go On during Illuminations

And then, the granpappy of 'em all -- I saw American Adventure for the first time on Sep 11, 2004. Once Golden Dream kicked in, I was blubbering like a little baby.

SIR90210

I almost never cry. I don't even cry at funerals. Actually, it all makes me fell a little guilty.. But back on topic, I cried leaving WDW until I was 10 and started coming on a regular basis. Also, I kinda get "pre-cry" as in, feeling a lump in the throat, during Golden Dreams most of the time.

dixiegirl

aw crap, i cry at everything in disney..i cry when your entering the welcome to walt disney world sign!!!! or when your finally at the magic kingdom , like when your bus is getting closer your driving by the contempory and you see space mountain , uh love that.. altough the one i did'nt expect was when we were at chef mickeys and a child was celebrating their birthday and they ask everyone to wave their napkins and they sing that "celebrate "song....well i cried at that too...it was even for my child!!! yes i am a big old sap!!!

TheOneVader

I've never cried at Disney World, save for crying in fear when I thought I had to go on Space Mountain when I was 2 or something. We ALL did that. :lol:

But otherwise, I never get misty eyed with that kind of stuff. I do get depressed when we leave, but never cry.

donald23

Last time I went was the first time I cried, it was during Reflections of Earth. I also get pretty watery-eyed during Spectromagic.

DisneySam

Lets see.....

-The begining and end of Fantasmic [I think its all the anticipation or something]
- Riding the boat over to the Magic Kingdom, that first glimpse of the Castle
- The Welcome sign as you first drive in
- And during the SADCT parade, I can't remember which part
- When I got my Photo Taken with Mickey for the first time in 2003

I am a crier, so it doesn't take very much

cj2me

I cry anytime I see WDW on TV and am going through withdrawals from not being there. But when I am there I get choked up at: WISHES, arriving and leaving whatever resort we are staying at, getting on the first bus. But on our last trip (2 weeks ago) I cried when my daughter (2) got so excited watching the Disney Stars and Motor cars parade, SHE LOVED IT, especially when Goliath (Jojos Circus) came up and gave her a hug man it made my trip, especially since she never like it when the characters would try to hug her, but after goliath, she didnt care anymore. It definetly was my KODAK moment.

brich

I mostly cry after I get home from another fantastic trip to WDW and the credit card statement arrives. :lol:

Honestly, I got pretty choked up the first time my oldest son stood next to Mickey for a picture. He was always afraid of the characters. We were on the Magic and during the whole week long cruise, he would not go near any of them. Then on the last night, we waited in a long line, yet again, in hopes he would have the courage to meet Mickey. When it was our turn, he walked away from us and right up to Mickey. Shook his hand and turned for a picture. At that moment I realized, he was hooked just like the rest of us. I then realized we would be making many more trips to WDW now and then I thought about the credit card statements. I got choked up.... :D

MichelleBelle

I get misty-eyed at the end of Fantasmic when all the characters come out.

An I also get choked up on the Great Movie Ride... I'm a huge movie buff and all the nostalgia does me in.

Wishes also got me too. Bad. :lookaroun

Nut4Disney

I'm a big, macho guy so let's keep this our little secret, but I get misty eyed every time I watch my 2 yr old son ride Dumbo, Illuminations, and when MK opens when they play the "Good Morning" song and the characters come out.

S_Grise

LilDucky said:
Everyone that knows me well can honestly say that I hardly if EVER cry. Im notorious in my family for being very "stoic" and a bit of a bad ***, but I have to admit, I came close to crying the first time I saw Philharmagic, and I still get the urge to cry every time I see Fantasmic. I get very misty eyed during both shows! I had to really work to hold back those tears! They just bring back so many memories!
Okay, I have to poke a little fun at someone who calls themselves a bad*** and goes by "LilDucky"! All in fun, I hope you understand!

I cry all the time at WDW! I always have some reason I didn't expect! Walking into the MK the first morning and seeing Mickey standing there... Riding Small World with my kids like I did with my parents... Disney music in general... Seeing my husband laugh like a small child in delight on BTMRR.. etc, etc, etc.

DisneySam

Nut4Disney said:
when MK opens when they play the "Good Morning" song and the characters come out.

Horray for fellow Kentucky residents!!! LOL

Oh I forgot this one?!? I do the same, I love the Magic Kingdom park opening, I went once with the kids I used to babysit and they were laughing at me crying when the train pulled up and Mickey got off!

rosebud's mom

:lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun
Ummm, I get all teary just reading this board !! ( I'm having MAJOR withdrawal and it hasn't quite been 6 months since I was there ! :lol: )

I cry easily, so I expect to tear up at all the usual spots. The moments that took me completely off guard were :

coming down Main Street and seeing a gentleman who looks so much like my dad, sitting and enjoying the Ragtime piano player just like dad always did. I ALMOST went up and hugged him.

When my "never-smiles-at-all, way too serious" husband took my hand and said "I guess you were right. This trip was worth it ."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom