• Wonders of Life

Votes: 33 17.8%
  • Other

Votes: 17 9.2%
  • None. Let's build more shops, meet & greets, and shows

Votes: 10 5.4%

• Total voters

ArielBelle

I can't really find it, so I'll ask it on here and hope no one yells at me :cry:

What exactly was the Rhine River Attraction supposed to entail? What kind of ride was it supposed to be? El Rio de Tiempo style? I'd just like some details...thanks!!!

stuart

bgraham34 said:
I would love to see Japan have a ride and I would love to see and underground chunnel built between England and France.

That will be the United Kingdom and France.

Personally i would like to see the United Kingdom pavillion added to a bit. Think they could bring in things more Scottish, Welsh or from N.Ireland. Even if it was something small like a wee Highland Dancing display for Scotland or band similar to Off Kilter. Just small things for the three would give it a more UK feel.

It would be good to have a new Illuminations with some new effects for video and fireworks. And going to wat PaisleyMF said it would be good if the pyro was set off around the pavillions as they do on New Years Eve i believe. However i dont know if it would be a good idea to incorporate projections onto SSE as part of the new Illuminations as there would be a large number of ppl that could not see it. It would be good though if they used the projector they used on July 4th 2004 to project images as people left.

What might be a good idea as perhaps a temporary thing would be a 'Soarin' Over Walt Disney World'. Where they could do a Soarin' film but just over Walt Disney World, which could then at the end or at some point in it go into the clouds and when it comes down it would be over Castaway Cay and a circle over the island. They could just add it on to the end of the California one even if it was just for a year it would be pretty good.

Mean Soarin' in California is a flight around California is thats where Disneyland is so why cant they do a special Walt Disney World one here, even if it was just for a year.

ArielBelle

stuart said:
Mean Soarin' in California is a flight around California is thats where Disneyland is so why cant they do a special Walt Disney World one here, even if it was just for a year.

I agree, I think it was too much of a copycat ride when they just took the exact film. I would enjoy Soarin to be locale-appropriate...but at least we got it.

stuart

ArielBelle said:
I agree, I think it was too much of a copycat ride when they just took the exact film. I would enjoy Soarin to be locale-appropriate...but at least we got it.

Yeah mean even if it was just a little add-on it would be quite nice to fly over WDW. Perhaps if Soarin' had been at EPCOT for a year or two they could have added it for the HCOE. But it would do to have it for 2007.

Tara Mae

I don't think any of the pavillions need additions or rides.

The pavillions are fine without the "thrills" and "chills" of rides. The Norway ride is short and sweet, the movies in Canada and France are great as they are...why ruin them??

Keep them as they are...add shops, and bring back the living statues!

dave2822

ArielBelle said:

Supposedly in a few years (perhaps even for 2007) the film will change to Soarin' over the U.S.A., or even the world, etc. The great thing is they can always change it.

Tara Mae said:

The pavillions are fine without the "thrills" and "chills" of rides. The Norway ride is short and sweet, the movies in Canada and France are great as they are...why ruin them??

Amen.

stuart

Tara Mae said:

Damn Right! Part of the reason i like O'Canada so much i think is because its shows what it was like in 1982, its part of the charm to the movie. I would hate it if they changed it. It really is a nice film, long may it stay lol.

Ringo8n24

United Kingdom has so much more potential to be represented than it is now. That is one of my favorite countries, but I feel cheated when I visit it at Epcot. The real UK has so many attractions and qualities that are not even mentioned.

BigNorm

Finish Italy

I voted for Italy. I think it's time they finish that pavilion and install the gondola attraction. I think it's a very nice pavilion, but it needs something else. I usually just bypass it all together, but would like to explore it more if only I had a reason to.

PamelaNiebergal

O'Canada has got to go! I may be biased since I'm from Canada but I think the Canadian pavilion is in greatest need of some help. I was humiliated to think that this might be how the world views us. At the very least they need a new movie. I've never heard of anyone who's ever even seen a dogsled, we don't all wear lumberjack shirts and we don't all say eh? after every sentence. O'Canada portrays an unflattering stereotype of Canadians. It should be replaced by a movie that focuses more on the incredible beauty and diversity of our country. Ah, I've been waiting for a thread just like this to vent my frustrations. I feel much better now.

BigNorm

PamelaNiebergal said:
O'Canada has got to go! I may be biased since I'm from Canada but I think the Canadian pavilion is in greatest need of some help. I was humiliated to think that this might be how the world views us. At the very least they need a new movie. I've never heard of anyone who's ever even seen a dogsled, we don't all wear lumberjack shirts and we don't all say eh? after every sentence. O'Canada portrays an unflattering stereotype of Canadians. It should be replaced by a movie that focuses more on the incredible beauty and diversity of our country. Ah, I've been waiting for a thread just like this to vent my frustrations. I feel much better now.

How about the Mackenzie Brothers or Rutt and Tuke's Canadian Tours, eh? I'd love to see it. Would be a heckuva alot more entertaining than "O Canada."

I think I would be happy with a nice rehab for SSE and call it a year. Nothing major, but just a nice sprucing, updated effects, few new scenes maybe given advancements in communication not represented, and a new ending cause the current one is rather lacking.

Here are my miriad of other suggestions:

Turn global neighborhood into tron style look at computers and the internet seeing as how both are a major part of modern day communication.

WOL is dead, bring forth the weather pavilion. I have long dreamed of a storm chaser ride using EMV tech that could blow spidy out the water. Theme the pavilion to a weather center including some smaller exhibits, a shop, and a small walk through attraction detailing weather's effect in shaping the earth as we know it today.

Maybe minor adjustments to UOE, but overall a great attraction which needs no change.

For Mission space I would love a traditional pavilion experience and possibly a dark ride detailing the history of atronomy and space exploration, but I doubt there's much room for either.

Move the speedway from tomorrowland to epcot by test track

Living seas is on the right track i think, so lets so what happens, if this is a true rehab or a character bandaid like so many attractions.

As long as the land doesn't become a travel agency were good, lets keep the theme about the concervation of the land. Maybe a nice rehab for LWTL however, still one of my favs but a little drab in spots.

-Its now or never for imagination. I really don't think that a new dark ride there will ever be what we want it, so lets tear it out and build an indoor coaster like RNRC. It would be called Brainstormers. The story is dream finder has built a device which sends people whirling into there own imagination, but trouble arises when figment gets in the way and we are sent into his imagination instead. Would be longer and have more to look at than RNRC. Would include an incline launch. Would also have preshow with dreamfinder on his machine or something talking about his invention and the importance of imagination and understanding it by taking a first hand look
-HISTA would be ripped out for an updated version of timekeeper who is also a part of the institute. Not sure how this would be executed just that it would be different and people could sit down
-Dream works would be transformed into muppet labs with exhibits and "experiments" feturing muppet AAs.

OR

Knock it all down and build a newer better horizons attraction called aptly New Horizons. Ride would put you in the scenes instead of simply looking at them and would bring the future (or a fantastic view of it) to life right in front of your eyes.

Do something with Oddessy sp?

Boat ride for germany.

Boat ride for italy.

Greece pavillion with mytholgical raft ride

Effects show simular to mystery lodge at knott's berry farm based on japanese legends and other aspects of classical culture like samuri and kabuki (make it like meet the people with the revolving theature to change scenes.

Add spain, russia, and thailand to countries.

Overall, I'd really like to see the original theme of epcot resurected. For whatever reason the recent administration seemd hell bent onunnesisarily changing epcot's image by tampering with the theme. It once had substance and importance in it's educational themes while maintaining entertainment value. I would now catagorize it as a discovery park where we discover learning how we came to the technological advances we take advantage of today by discoving their roots or learning how to preserve our planet are no longer important as long as you can go 60 mph and spin really fast. I miss the message that enlightenemt is the path to progress and prosperity. Those ideals have been comprimised. Now this doesn't meen we shouldn't have attractions like TT or MS, but let's either tweek their aproach or maintain other attractions which balance the difference. It's late, I'm tired, and I think I've rambled way too much.

The end

stuart

Ringo8n24 said:
United Kingdom has so much more potential to be represented than it is now. That is one of my favorite countries, but I feel cheated when I visit it at Epcot. The real UK has so many attractions and qualities that are not even mentioned.

Yeah youve got a point there, it really is just the pub and some shops. I think they could add more to it. Now im not just saying this as im from Scotland, honest gov', but i think that this was perhaps a reason there was a Scotland part to the Millenium Village. As i said i think they could add in more Scottish and Welsh things along with stuff from N.Ireland. I think we need more than having everything branded wiht 'St Andrews' to represent Scotland.

Does anyone have a good idea on what to do with the odysessy? I thought about expanding it into a full pavillion, but I'm afraid there is not enough room. And how much room is there between land and seas?

Chape19714

I think they should expand the UK. maybe an enhanced version of the long gone Mr. Toad. Just wishful thinking. Honestly, the UK is very small and there is so much you can do to enhance it.

I.M.Fearless

I voted Japan. Either that, Germany, Morocco, or UK. All three of them could use SOMETHING; even just shows would be nice. As for this:

PaisleyMF said:
How about using the second floor of Imagination to use it as a place to "Imagenear That" so Imagenears can show the what if designs or current rides how were originaly concived and how they are.

I've always thought an idea like that would be AWESOME, but in Innoventions instead. Imagination is an interesting thought, though....

And like I've always said,

EPCOT NEEDS ROLLERCOASTERS!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom