adding onto fastpass?

matt9112

Original Poster
so long story short we have fastpasses for Hollywood studios tommorow as we had our weekend staycation planned however a family friend swung in and are going with us tommorow but has no ticket quite yet and we are going to do the AP ticket deal for her. any chance besides the obvious look for available fastpassed once we add her to our app to see if they will let her slide with us? guest services maybe or?

edit: forgot we have fastpass sub forum move if needed please.

andy773

I was in a similar situation in February 2015. We had FP's booked for Toy Story, Tower of Terror and Star Tours. My niece unexpectedly was able to join us for the day. I bought her a Magic Band and added her to MDE as someone that I totally managed, that is, I didn't send her an email to join MDE. I also bought her a ticket through MDE. Once all that was done I went into the FP section of MDE and selected the Toy Story FP, selected Modify, selected Modify Party and then added her to our party. I left the times as we had them and it let me add her with no problem. Repeated for the other two FP's. I was actually very surprised at how easy it was to add her and that it even let me add her to a hard to get FP like Toy Story. Good luck. Hope it works for you.

matt9112

Original Poster
I was in a similar situation in February 2015. We had FP's booked for Toy Story, Tower of Terror and Star Tours. My niece unexpectedly was able to join us for the day. I bought her a Magic Band and added her to MDE as someone that I totally managed, that is, I didn't send her an email to join MDE. I also bought her a ticket through MDE. Once all that was done I went into the FP section of MDE and selected the Toy Story FP, selected Modify, selected Modify Party and then added her to our party. I left the times as we had them and it let me add her with no problem. Repeated for the other two FP's. I was actually very surprised at how easy it was to add her and that it even let me add her to a hard to get FP like Toy Story. Good luck. Hope it works for you.

thank you i will try!

Rob562

^^This.
Though you can link to the added person as friends beforehand. It won't keep you from making their FastPasses, and they can use any MagicBands they already have on their account to access the new ticket. (The cm will link them at time of purchase)

And when you go to add them to the FastPasses, if they can't be added because there aren't any slots available for that exact time, the system will offer you alternative times for the entire group. You can choose one of those, or if none of the times work for you go in and see if you can book them solo with a FP time that overlaps yours.

-Rob

matt9112

Original Poster
^^This.
Though you can link to the added person as friends beforehand. It won't keep you from making their FastPasses, and they can use any MagicBands they already have on their account to access the new ticket. (The cm will link them at time of purchase)

And when you go to add them to the FastPasses, if they can't be added because there aren't any slots available for that exact time, the system will offer you alternative times for the entire group. You can choose one of those, or if none of the times work for you go in and see if you can book them solo with a FP time that overlaps yours.

-Rob

while waiting for gates to open we added her ticket and locked in Indiana jones without issue. however TOT and midway was a little diff. had to spam but got TOT earlier and toy story within 10 minutes of old fastpass. worked out much better than expected. now im over ABC overpaying for food.

thanks all!

edit: wish CMs where all on the same page on several occasions i have seen so much disparity on policy ect.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom