adding another person?

seahawk7

Original Poster
We have a reservation for Afternoon tea at the Garden Grove at the Grand Floridan for two people but I want to add another person. I have tried to look for availability for three on the day I'm going but there isn't any. What are my chances of getting my third in when I check in for my reservation? Will they just add a chair?

CaptainAmerica

I don't know if there's anything unique about the tea, but most restaurants will not stick a third chair on a two-top. I'm sure they'll try to accommodate you but it might come with a long wait and the answer might simply be that there's nothing they can do depending on how busy it is. Your odds will be strongest if you get there early.

seahawk7

Original Poster
Did you check for availability for one? Or call?
I did not call the restaurant but I did call Disney Dining. My daughter has her own MDE account so I can see if I can book for one that way. Thanks
ETA: I just checked and they have no availability for one. I'll try to call directly.

CaptainAmerica

I did not call the restaurant but I did call Disney Dining. My daughter has her own MDE account so I can see if I can book for one that way. Thanks
Sorry that's terrible advice. Do not do that. A reservation for 2 and a second reservation for 1 is NOT a reservation for 3 by any stretch of the imagination.

CAPTAIN HOOK

What are my chances of getting my third in when I check in for my reservation?
To be honest, very slim

Will they just add a chair?
If you've booked a table for two, it will seat two. Adding a third may lead to congestion with wait staff trying to get passed, or even other guests. The table may be too crowded with tea crockery for three.
That said, you may get lucky. I'm sure that the restaurants have been faced with challenges like this one before - until you turn up, you just won't know.

Try ringing and keep checking the website in case of cancellation

seahawk7

Original Poster
I don't know if there's anything unique about the tea, but most restaurants will not stick a third chair on a two-top. I'm sure they'll try to accommodate you but it might come with a long wait and the answer might simply be that there's nothing they can do depending on how busy it is. Your odds will be strongest if you get there early.
It is a very small space so I'm thinking the only problem would be capacity issues from fire dept. But I will definitely go early if I can't get an answer on the phone. We go every year the tables are never full.

seahawk7

Original Poster
Ok thanks everyone. I left a message for the manager at the Garden View and I will see what happens.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom