Adding an extra day to your reservation - question

Glasgow

Let me explain. I booked a 6 night MYW pkg and due to some circumstances I needed to add an extra day to the beginning of our vacation (terrible, I know! :)) Anyway, I tried to add a day to the pkg but there was apparently no availability, so instead I just booked a room-only resv.

Ok, no problem so far -- I'm okay with not getting the DDP and tix for that extra day but my question is this. What is the best way to try make sure the resort treats this as a contiguous stay? I know I can call the resort and tell them the situation, but I wonder if there is anything else I can do to keep from having to move to a different room (ie. have to check out from the first room and then check back into the second room -- hopefully they'll be the same room!). So far it just seems like I'll be at the mercy of the resort and room availability, which is fair enough -- but just wanted to see if anyone had any extra tips.

Anyone ever done this?? Thanks!!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I would just explain the situation when you check in. I have had split stays at the same resorts several times and have never been asked to move.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

Call and have them link the 2 reservations, and note that the 2nd one is a continuing reservation - they do this all the time.

Also tell them when you check in.

You will still need to visit the front desk on the 2nd day to "check in" for your package.

Upvote 0

Rob562

Plus remember it only costs $5 to upgrade your park tickets from a 6 day to 7

While true, they're arriving before the start date of the package that included the tickets.

While I've read anecdotal evidence online that tickets *can* be issued before the start-date of a package, I don't know the specifics. (I want to say it has to be done at a park...)

*If* they could get their tickets early, then yes, they could upgrade them by adding a day to them for only a few dollars.

EDIT:
I found the relevant info online (section 15I of this post):
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=25022943&postcount=15
This is from the Ticket FAQ on another site, which is written by a CM who works with park ticketing on a daily basis.

-Rob

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

We have done this exact same thing the past to years at 2 diffeernt resorts and never had to move. I had both res linked and remined them at checkin the first time and it was never an issue. Just make sure to recheck in the next morning. NOTE: Make sure to trash the KTTW for the first night or if you keep them put then away so you dont get them mixed up with the new ones. They is the only issue we had and it was mixed up but the CM at the second checking in. I would not sweat the room move and if you do Disney will do the moving of the luggage for you. We just make sure not to unpack everything the first night just in case!!!!!

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

As others have said, they do make every effort to keep you in the same room. BUT, they also will tell you that, if necessary, it MAY happen. It's more of a CYA statement in case it happens, while knowing it probably won't. Nonetheless, if you want to "play it safe," you may want to consider using one suitcase with a single change of clothes for the whole family, THEN separate suitcases for each family member for the rest of your trip. Use the "overnight bag" for the first night, then go down first thing in the morning to check out-and-in. If they tell you you're good to stay, no worries. If you're that incredibly odd duck that winds up having to move, you're only packing one suitcase

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom