Acts of Kindness

Brer Greg

Original Poster
This was our first trip in some time. My son went to get a stroller for his kids. In the mean time my daughter, daughter in law and two grand kids went on Its a Small World. When the ride was done we were wait out front of the ride. The next thing we knew we heard these cast members saying clear the way for Master Trevor. It was three cast members clearing the way for my son with the stroller and a tray full of Mickey waffles. I thought that was nice of these cast members cos you know how busy it can be at the Magic Kingdom. Im glad my daughter got a picture. Another time, we were late to see the new night time show at Animal Kingdom. So the only spot we could see anything was on the bridge by Everest. My grand son was standing by side trying the see the show. A man standing on the other side of me told his son to move over so my grand son could sit next to him. They sat in the front of the bridge and watched the show. This man didnt need to do this...he didnt know us. Disney is a special place and we shouldnt forget it.
IMG_6155.JPG

JimW

Premium Member
I'm sorry, but I can't understand what this post is about. Not to be rude, but could you please re-post this with paragraphs?

GVentola

I'm sorry, but I can't understand what this post is about. Not to be rude, but could you please re-post this with paragraphs?

It's about acts of kindness at Disney World, and I would surmise the original poster wants us to post other acts of kindness we may have received or seen given out at Disney, either by cast members or other guests. Right, @Brer Greg ?

danyoung56

A few years ago I went to the Toluca Leg Turkey Co. in DHS to get a turkey leg. The lady I was ordering from said that she wouldn't give it to me till I gobbled for my meal. I gave her a "gobble", which wasn't good enough. So I gave her a "gobble gobble", which still wasn't good enough. So I bowed to the inevitable and at the top of my lungs went "GOBBLEGOBBLEGOBBLEGOBBLEGOBBLEGOBBLE!!!". This warranted a round of applause from all the staff, and the counter lady only charged me for my drink - the turkey leg was free courtesy of Mickey!

docdebbi

While walking off of 7DMT a few years back, middle grandson (5 at the time) was looking at the scenery, not where he was going. walked right into one of the wooden posts- head first. A fair amount of crying ensued. Not bratty kid crying: I really waffled myself crying.
a lady who was behind us saw the "tragedy" and inconsolable crying. next thing you knew, she was back with an ice cream in hand from storybook treats. Said she was leaving and had an extra DDP to spend. Amazing how ice cream can heal a broken head!
Just completely unnecessary kindness. Still grateful to the woman.

GVentola

At the Refreshment Port near the Canada pavilion at Epcot, the cast member in charge gave me a freebie because I had to wait for my order to be cooked. Then after I ate, I felt like having more Coca Cola, so I went back to order another cup, and he let me have it not only for free, but with the next size up.

Disney4family

One year my (at that time 8 year old) daughter wanted to try a smoothie. We went to the coffee cart near Mission: Space in Epcot. I don't know what happened, but she got her own gravity test when the whole thing just fell down and went splat.
Within seconds as my husband and I were trying to help her & figure out what could have happened, a woman approached us with another smoothie. She saw the whole thing and immediately went over to buy my daughter a new one. My daughter's tears of sadness quickly became tears of happiness and surprise. We couldn't say thank you enough.

mergatroid

Posted this before so here's the short version. Before I met my wife I was alone at Disney one Christmas. At the studios on Christmas Eve a family started talking to me as we waited for the Osborne Lights to start. When they heard I was on my own the young daughter whispered something to her mum who said "Ok then".

The little girl then took a lollipop out of her bag and gave it me as she thought being on my own in Florida meant I wouldn't get any Christmas presents and wanted me to have something. I'll never forget what a selfless and truly innocent way of thinking that was, it was like a genuine Christmas meaning moment.

Otterhead

One time I bought a Brer Rabbit toy at the gift shop at the Splash Mt exit; about a half hour later, I realized that I'd left it on a bench and walked away, and it was gone. Well, I figured, it wasn't that expensive, I'll get another, so I went back and asked for another one. "Didn't you just buy one?" the CM said. I explained that I'd lost it. They looked genuinely baffled. "Well, I'm not going to make you pay for a replacement!" and just handed one over :)

Disney4family

Posted this before so here's the short version. Before I met my wife I was alone at Disney one Christmas. At the studios on Christmas Eve a family started talking to me as we waited for the Osborne Lights to start. When they heard I was on my own the young daughter whispered something to her mum who said "Ok then".

The little girl then took a lollipop out of her bag and gave it me as she thought being on my own in Florida meant I wouldn't get any Christmas presents and wanted me to have something. I'll never forget what a selfless and truly innocent way of thinking that was, it was like a genuine Christmas meaning moment.
:happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy:
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
so sweet

Much-Pixie-Dust

So I love these feel good posts. Thanks for starting this thread. On our most recent trip, cast member gave kiddo a smoothie with a cool Mickey straw because it was her birthday. The CM must have noticed her button when we were ordering at quick service. The CM and other CMs around sang happy bday to her. These were young CMs and my DD was turning 13, so she thought it was pretty cool. Much cooler than her Dad and I singing to her. This was last week.

Otterhead

So, this is a rather goofy 'act of kindness', but... I went once with friends and had been hunting around for a certain pin, the five-legged goat from the Contemporary mural. Someone said they'd seen it on a lanyard in the Emporium, so I went in to the CM who they thought had one. No, he didn't. But he said he thought he knew someone who did. "It's really not a big deal, it's just a pin, but thanks," I said, but he ran off. A few minutes later he came back looking upset. "I think they're on break. I'm really sorry." I insisted that it was seriously no big deal and thanked him. About ten minutes later I was down the street when I heard "Hey! Sir!" and saw the guy literally running after me, pin in hand. This CM was chasing me through the park just to get me this silly pin.. that I wasn't even buying, I was just doing a pin-trade for fun. It reminded me how committed the CMs are to making guests' visits amazing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom