Activities outside Disney???(Titanic??)

girlface

Original Poster
I just want to say to start of with,i hope no one minds ive posted this on a disney website. Sorry if we are not supposed to do that but i dont know any other good forums with such lovely fock like yourself ;D

I was just wondering if anyone has been to the Titanic THE EXPEREIENCE place. Was it any good and would you recommend it?
And what is there exactly? I know about the grand staircase replicar and the iceberg thing but thats about it.
Opionions are much appreciated thankyou!
x x x :sohappy:

Dixiegrl

Titanic Closed

Hi,

Now I could be mistaken so somebody might need to back me up but I'm pretty sure the Titanic Experience is closed down. I live in the Orlando area and I remember a while back there being a story on the news about it closing down. I've driven down International drive a few times since then and I don't remember seeing it. But like I said I could just be dreaming!!!

raven

Wasn't the Titanic Experience a traveling exhibit? I remember it being in Chicago a few years back. :veryconfu

bluefaery

I don't know about it closing down. I went to Titanic back in 2004. I loved it and I got a poster. I'm a big fan when it comes to the titanic. I remember seeing costumes from the movie and your tour guide is dressed up in period clothing. I found this webpage: http://titanictheexperience.com

MickeyMind

The titanic experience was great.. I did it a couple of years ago.. didnt think it was still there, because from what I remember, it was being advertized to be there for a limited time only, and that was like 4 or 5 years ago....as for the experience itself, it was great.. I think it was like 30 something dollars per person to get in, and they take you through alot of recreations of the boat, if I remember correctly, the first room and introduction was done in a room with a giant boat propeller (supposedly) the size of one of titanic's propellers) and it was just a basic summary of titanic, then the next room was this big giant room themed to resemble the outside of the ship on the day of the maiden voyage (complete with dock noises, seagulls and random irish folks yelling lol I remember the theming was awesome in this room... then you proceed to walk into the ship and you see first class coridors and all that, they then take you to the grand staircase.. that was my favorite part.. I even managed to jump over the rope and take a picture walking down it while the tour guide was with some other guests, oh yea the tour guides are all people you wouldve excpected to interact with on the ship itself.. and their characters are really hard to break... then after the grandstaircase I think it was through the lower class corridors, finally the last tour room was in a room built to make it look like you were stepping out on to one of the decks at night, and they have that room freeezing to give you the sense of how cold it was outside on the night the ship sank, then I think it takes you to the final room with all these recovered artifacts, and a big giant glacier they tell you to put your forearms on to experience how cold the water was that night, til finally you exit through the store, which had pretty much all the merchandise the film ever produced in there

overall I would recommend it.. its a really interesting tour lasts about an hour or so (i think).. the theming is amazing and the work they put into recreating these sets really shows... they did such a good job at it that my only complaint is that there was no ride at the end! lol.. it really felt like I was walking through one of the most elaborately themed queues ever lol.. but it was a good tour, something to do once, definitly no repeatability but still very interesting and entertaining nonetheless... hope that answers your question

DisneyGigi

This was still open in September of last year because we thought about going again.
I would recommend it to anyone if you have the time to do it. We took our DS (he was a Titanic nut) at age 5 and he loved it. It is presented in a great way and you get to see quite a bit of artifacts and other exhibits,all very well done, definately makes you stop and reflect. We all enjoyed it very much.

DizneyPryncess

I have not done the one in WDW, but I almost did. Is it the one on International Drive? We stayed on I-Drive one year, and walked up & down the street trying to find things to do. My fiance loves Titanic things, and we were hoping the exhibit was a walk-through you could do at your own pace. They told us it was a guided tour though, and it was too long for us that day because we had too much going on. I've heard it's wonderful though! If you have the time, I would say to give it a try.

There's a traveling Titanic exhibit that just came to Pittsburgh at our science center. I don't know if it's similar but I'm looking forward to seeing it. :)

jsdratm

I heard that Titanic was being moved into a bigger museum in Orlando. It wasn't the same as the traveling exhibition that is coming to Milwaukee later this year.

My favorite thing outside of the theme parks was Gatorland. Its a park that you walk through and it has all kinds of alligators that you can feed hot dogs to. You can also attend three or four different shows, including gator wrestling. My favorite was the one where the gators jump up out of the water to grab chicken meat. They have other animals too, such as crocodiles, llamas, and a bear. Its a fun little zoo that you can spend a half-day at, and they have cheap food and drinks so it isn't a ripoff outfit. Being able to see the gators up close is very cool! :D

DisneyGigi

I have not done the one in WDW, but I almost did. Is it the one on International Drive? We stayed on I-Drive one year, and walked up & down the street trying to find things to do. My fiance loves Titanic things, and we were hoping the exhibit was a walk-through you could do at your own pace. They told us it was a guided tour though, and it was too long for us that day because we had too much going on. I've heard it's wonderful though! If you have the time, I would say to give it a try.

There's a traveling Titanic exhibit that just came to Pittsburgh at our science center. I don't know if it's similar but I'm looking forward to seeing it. :)

It is or was on I-Drive when we did it.

maryszhi

Wasn't the Titanic Experience a traveling exhibit? I remember it being in Chicago a few years back. :veryconfu
yeah i remember that, i remember being upset that they lied about the romance in the story, and being depressed seeing all the families and people that died in the tragedy.
but i think it is closed down. I know they have a perment on in branson, at least i think they do,
i would go to a beach, florida has amazing beaches
there are alot of shows, and entertainment off the beaten path.
maybe one of these would help

maryszhi

I heard that Titanic was being moved into a bigger museum in Orlando. It wasn't the same as the traveling exhibition that is coming to Milwaukee later this year.

My favorite thing outside of the theme parks was Gatorland. Its a park that you walk through and it has all kinds of alligators that you can feed hot dogs to. You can also attend three or four different shows, including gator wrestling. My favorite was the one where the gators jump up out of the water to grab chicken meat. They have other animals too, such as crocodiles, llamas, and a bear. Its a fun little zoo that you can spend a half-day at, and they have cheap food and drinks so it isn't a ripoff outfit. Being able to see the gators up close is very cool! :D
i love gator land,
i always close my eyes when they play with the aligators and other animals. i must say they have nice exibits, and they do awesome hair raps
also i loved when we go to the park where you can swim with the dolphins, and where you can surf. i love swiming with dolphines and surfing:sohappy:

I'm not sure if it's around anymore :dazzle: but I went a few years ago and LOVED it. I would highly recommend taking the time to see the exhibition if you are interested in TITANIC. It was a little sad though especially the part with the iceberg where you could actually tell how cold the water must have been when the ship went down. I hope if you take the time to visit you enjoy the experience as much as I did.

rangerbob

Eeyore you are correct that they were thrown out of the location that they were in. I remember them doing a news broadcast from the front of the building standing amongst the display pieces. They are now located at the Orlando Science Center. I'm not sure if that is a new perminate location or only a temporary until they find something that they like.

dwightshrutefan

Dont take my word on this, but i think theres a permenent one in orlando, and then a traveling one too.

Just what it seems like, not positive.

Beacuse there was a brouchure at our hotel, and it wasnt cheap, it was a nice one, i dont think they'd do it for a traveling exhipit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom