Acronyms

drkokintz

Original Poster
This may seem a little stupid, but sometimes when I'm reading the boards I see some acronyms that I can't figure out. I was wondering if anyone had put together a comprehensive acronym list for the boards.

Again, I realize it's stupid and I can just try to look them up myself on a time-by-time basis, but I was hoping I might find a complete list in one place.

jvenegas

There's a link on the right side of the main page under the "Useful tools" heading aptly named "Acronyms". Check it out.

yankspy

Before you know it, posts like this will be second nature.

"I have a question. I am arriving at MCO at 9:30. I am wondering if I should let DME handle my luggage or I should pick it up. I am also wondering if I can get to MK in time for my ADR at CRT at 10:30, or should I just cancel and try and grab a few FP so that I can go on SM and BTRR since they are my favorites".

trendicoff

"I have a question. I am arriving at MCO at 9:30. I am wondering if I should let DME handle my luggage or I should pick it up. I am also wondering if I can get to MK in time for my ADR at CRT at 10:30, or should I just cancel and try and grab a few FP so that I can go on SM and BTRR since they are my favorites".

With DME I typically get to my resort around 45-50 minutes after I get on the bus (which could be up to 20 minutes after I land) and then of course you need to take some sort of transportation in to the parks so 1 hour seems pretty impossible to go from landing at MCO to MK. Sorry :-(

Fun2BFree

With DME I typically get to my resort around 45-50 minutes after I get on the bus (which could be up to 20 minutes after I land) and then of course you need to take some sort of transportation in to the parks so 1 hour seems pretty impossible to go from landing at MCO to MK. Sorry :-(

Was that a completely serious answer to a silly made-up question? :lookaroun

lilclerk

My only problem with that post is I can never tell if SM is supposed to be Space or Splash.

JPVonDrake

"Seeing as how the VP is such a VIP, should we keep the PC on the QT, cause if it leaks to the VC he could end up on MIA and then we would all be put on KP?"

:ROFLOL: Sorry I could not resist!

Captain Hank

It's worse when you're talking to a Cast Member.

"HISTA is 101 due to a protein spill. We asked her three times if she was all right, and called an Alpha Unit.

Let me check CDS and see if my ER was approved. I sure don't want to stick around for EMH if the night is going to be like this."

Gorjus

I put an ER into CDS because I was feeling 101. I then asked the MOD to approve it. She declined and said I'd have to take an ROS. I'd rather not since I don't want the points. But maybe I will since I feel so bad. But then I really need the money. Maybe I'll go on the Hub to the EHH and pick up a shift.

Disney loves to make up names for things that only make sense to those who thought them up and then give them Acronyms. People don't even know what the original name means, let alone the acronym. Don't forget everyone SAP will be down this weekend.

lilclerk

Disney loves to make up names for things that only make sense to those who thought them up and then give them Acronyms. People don't even know what the original name means, let alone the acronym. Don't forget everyone SAP will be down this weekend.

I think that's... like a big corporation thing. I started a new job about 2 months ago and I still get confused with all the acronyms for silly things flying about.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom