accommodation choice

Bradley

Help, am planning vacation in May 2adults and 2 kids 11 and 12. Cant decide where to stay - Was thinking about 1 week at Polynesian and one week at Animal Kingdom Lodge - Does anyone have any comments on staying at two locations?

KathyG/poohbear

If I was staying 2 weeks I would probably stay at 2 different places. It would be neat to be able to do that. I am staying at the Poly starting on Wed so I can't say much about that. I stayed at the AKL in Sept and it was nice. I would probably pick one of the other....they seem a little similar in theme (not alot but closer than some). You need to realize that when you stay at the AKL you are farther away from everything than you will be at the Poly or some of the other hotels. I would pick one of the hotels from the Boardwalk area. You can ride a boat to AKL or MGM or even walk.

Upvote 0

Tramp

Originally posted by Bradley
Help, am planning vacation in May 2adults and 2 kids 11 and 12. Cant decide where to stay - Was thinking about 1 week at Polynesian and one week at Animal Kingdom Lodge - Does anyone have any comments on staying at two locations?

Howdy Bradley:

We often stay at two different Disney hotels and have, on occasion, stayed at three. We find that the change of hotels has a refreshing mental benefit as a new hotel brings new experiences and delights. It's like starting the vacation all over again.

If you stay at two different Disney hotels, the bellmen will transfer your bags for you. You can go to the parks in the morning and report to your new hotel in the afternoon and your bags will be waiting for you. It's very convenient and you won't lose a single moment of Disney magic on your transition day.

The Polynesian and AKL are two great choices and will provide you with two complete and unique Disney experiences. Make sure you get a room facing the savanna at the AKL so you can wake up to wild animals grazing off your balcony.

Welcome to the USA and have a great time during your Disney trip.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Originally posted by Tramp
Howdy Bradley:

We often stay at two different Disney hotels and have, on occasion, stayed at three. We find that the change of hotels has a refreshing mental benefit as a new hotel brings new experiences and delights. It's like starting the vacation all over again.
Yep I can see the benfits to changing hotels
If you stay at two different Disney hotels, the bellmen will transfer your bags for you. You can go to the parks in the morning and report to your new hotel in the afternoon and your bags will be waiting for you. It's very convenient and you won't lose a single moment of Disney magic on your transition day.
But how much time is wasted packing and unpacking suitcases, moving the rental car from one resort to another, etc etc ??
Just a thought :)

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

I think that if I had a rental car, I would just move the bags myself and head for the new hotel in the morning.

They will be expecting you, so even if the room isn't ready, they will hold your bags.

I think it would be like a 'different' vacation to switch hotels.

Another thing would be to make hotel-switch day a non-park day (if you need to 'save' days on your hoppers), then explore the hotel (especially AKL) and hit Downtown Disney.

Upvote 0
Re: Re: accommodation choice

Originally posted by CAPTAIN HOOK
Yep I can see the benfits to changing hotels

But how much time is wasted packing and unpacking suitcases, moving the rental car from one resort to another, etc etc ??
Just a thought :)
For a two week vacation, does it really matter? :)

Upvote 0

Bradley

Original Poster
Thanks folks - I appear to have left it a bit late - seeing how evereyone else seems so organised

As they say 'I used to be undecisive but now I'm not so sure!'

- I'll have to make up my mind very soon though.

Upvote 0

uncle al

Well, let me see if I can make the you a little more indecisive! I agree with changing hotels in the middle of your vacation. How cool! My family's trips are more frequent and of shorter durations so we usually stay at our favorites. I would suggest that you consider Beach, Yacht, or Boardwalk as secondary choices (along with Poly). Your older kids will want to spend (if they are anything like my teenager / pre-teen) more time at MGM and Epcot. The access to these parks from these hotels is the best. All three hotels are great and the Yacht / Beach has the best pool (Stormalong Bay at Disney). The pool at Boardwalk is great in its own right. Being able to stroll along the Boardwalk - or giving your older kids a little freedom to do it on their own (with little or no worry on your part) is great. We love the Baordwalk area - I think you will too and your kids will thank you.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

If you can afford to do that, then definately go for it. I stayed at the Polynesian last year and will be returning, but I would like to stay at the AKL someday (conciere preferably).

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom