Access to Hilton Head In Summer

wannabeMickey

Original Poster
New to DVC, since Dec 05 at SSR. Can anyone give a true indication of availabilty at HH during June, July or August. Called for resv. today, first available for any type unit is last wk of Aug 06. I do realize its in the 7 month window however, DVC rep igave staple answer on normal availability during those months. "50-50 chance of getting res when you call at the beginning of the 7 month window,(as its not our home resort). Smaller resort then at Disney, + home resort owners have availablity 11 months out" It still left me wondering if next year a reservation would be possible 7 months out? We Purchased enough points for use during summer and winter useage. HAS ANYONE HAD SUCCESS WITH SIMILIAR SITUTATION ?

dflye

If you want to stay at HH during peak season without major headaches and/or stress, you may want to consider either "renting" points, or purchasing resale points from someone selling interest in HH.

However, neither of those will help you for the 2006 summer, as that is already well into the 11 month window, and also into the 7 month window.

If this is a one time occurrence, I'd say to just rent points if you really want that time for this year. If this is something you plan on doing every year or two, you may want to purchase enough resale points to cover your regular visits.

Depending upon the time of the year and the size of the room, you can still have a hard time with availability even with the 11 month window. Try getting a Grand Villa at Old Key West during the holidays for a week if you want to add some real stress to your life! :lol:

That is when you have to call every morning and be in queue before their call center even opens, and extend your stay one night at a time until you get the full length of the stay you want. :hammer:

wannabeMickey

Original Poster
I've accepted that fact for summer 2006, but would still like to try to determine if calling right at the 7 month window(for the future years) presents an opportunity to vacation there, or is it a hopeless cause ?

tecowdw

I was able to book a cash room at HH this week for the middle of August without any probelms. Had my choice of all 4 room types.

typhoonguy

I absolutely LOVE Hilton Head. The resort is gorgeous. Though I do agree with you on the difficutly of booking a summer trip. Many times we find ourselves visiting in February rather than waiting until summer. I do enjoy getting away to cooler climates in February. You can only take so much 80 degree winter weather.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom