Academic Suspension/Probation

LizTilberis1992

Original Poster
So, I need help...I have just found out from my college that I am now academically suspended, I was wanting to know if this will effect me going to Disney for my fall advantage program? I have already been accepted, filled out every form and completed the Onboarding/DORMS stuff and I am simply waiting to head down to WDW-Orlando, FL. I have read on several blogs/websites that it doesn't matter if you are academically suspended as long as you were attending school at the time of your application. I have also heard it depends on your school. I have read many things. And was wondering if anyone had or knew someone who has experienced this before? Or if they could elaborate on more information about this topic? Anything you can think of? Thanks and Help!?!

LizTilberis1992

Original Poster
It means you are kicked out/suspended from school for poor grades, however in some cases some schools will pardon or appeal such circumstances. The consequences is being kicked out. And as for any other consequences, such as Disney, I have read different things both good and bad, and was wondering if anyone had any experience with this issue?

stevehousse

I don't know how any of that works, but if it were me and I already got in, I would go and not say anything! I think calling recruiting and flat out telling them might change their mind about you going all...I would go about it and act like nothing was wrong! :)

CorinneNoel

I was on academic probation the semester I was accepted and I was able to go. It really matters that you're in school when you apply and are accepted. They don't check with the school. You'll be fine!

fugawe09

The College Program can be a really great experience. But thinking about your current college status, you may want to first consider how you can fix your grades and get on a path to graduation before thinking about if you can still be a CP. I don't pretend to know your circumstance, but I have known many a former CP who ended up failing or quitting college after their program, staying on at first because they wanted to and later because they had to, and ending up kind of bitter about it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom