About the 50th

MKCustodial

Original Poster
Ok, since I'm planning on going to WDW in January 2005, I figure I might as well save a bit more and add a week at DL. I already read around here that it's best not to fly to LAX, right? Now, what about hotels? DL doesn't have Value resorts like WDW, so I think I should stay at one of the neighbor hotels... On a first look, the Ramada one seems nice. Do you guys have any suggestions? And when exactly does the celebration starts?

imagineer boy

Originally posted by MKCustodial
Ok, since I'm planning on going to WDW in January 2005, I figure I might as well save a bit more and add a week at DL. I already read around here that it's best not to fly to LAX, right? Now, what about hotels? DL doesn't have Value resorts like WDW, so I think I should stay at one of the neighbor hotels... On a first look, the Ramada one seems nice. Do you guys have any suggestions? And when exactly does the celebration starts?

You should stay at the Sheraton Anaheim resort. It is really cool. Its behind, and right across the street from the Magic Kingdom. I got a room that faced DL, and you could see the Materhorn ride from the room! I also got to see the fireworks show fromt the room. it was awesome! I had a perfect veiw of the whole show! Somtimes when a particularly loud fireworks explosion would happen, all of the car alarms in the cars of the hotel parking lot went off. It was so funny.:lol: The whole hotel looks like a castle. The people working there are nice, but every single one of them was spanish! It was kind of weird. They have a game room, a nice little caf'e where you can have a small breakfast or snack, a nice resturaunt, a few cort yards, and a river with catfish in the lobby. Its a wonderful hotel. Its up to Disney standards! I suppose the celebration will start somtime in the 1st of January 2005.:confused:

Lhriangel

Re: Re: About the 50th

Hey hon! I just wanted to let you know that the Disney hotels aren't as expensive as the FL ones so you *might* want to check out prices with them... just in case. The Grand California is absolutely beautiful

jaylenofan86

Flying into KLAX is ok, it's just the taxing time from the runway to the gate, walking the the front, waiting for a bus to take you to a rental car company, ect. I like flying into John Wayne/Orange County Airport (KSNA). It's not really a big airport, but can handle 767's and below with no problem. But, most international airlines do not fly to John Wayne/Orange County. It's up to you what you want.

Grumpy56

I second the recommendation on the Sheraton, it has really good bus service to the parks as well. There are also some less expensive places that are actually within walking distance like the Best Western Park Place and the Candy Cane Inn. For a complete listing and reviews try:

www.mouseplanet.com[/URL]

Daannzzz

Here are a couple of links with ariel views and a map of Disneyland and the accomodations nearby. We usually stay at the Howard Johnson or Candy Cane Inn if we can't stay at a Disney resort. The Sheraton is a nice place but located behind Disneyland and not as easy to access the parks as some of them on Harbor Blvd. If you look at the map it shows where the pedestiran entrance is on Harbor Blvd. Some of those small motels are fine places and just a 5 minute walk to the gates of the parks.

http://www.geocities.com/ashpsyche/DisneylandLinkMap.html

http://www.scottware.com.au/theme/feature/where_to_stay_BIG.htm

http://www.beachcalifornia.com/dlmp.html

Sometimes in slower periods you can get Disney's Paradise Pier hotel for around $100. It is a 14 story tower hotel and is nice though a bit bland. It is a longer walk to Disneyland than some of those on Harbor but has its on private entrance (across the street) to DCA.
Howard Johnson is about a 7 minute walk to the gates of the park and is one of the few accomodations on Harbor Blvd to have interior corridors and is often less than the others. Candy Cane Inn is a small 2 story motel with loads of atmosphere and pretty rooms with a good free breakfast. This Christmas we are trying the Best Western Park Place Inn which is located right at the stop light over to the parks.

MKCustodial

Original Poster
Well, since I plan on staying at the Wilderness Lodge after the theoretic trip to DL, I suppose I shouldn't spend much on a hotel there. And a place with breakfast included would be really cool. You know, Disney should think about doing that... In my opinion, that's why they lose Guests to the International Drive hotels.

Daannzzz

Many of the close places on harbor Blvd have free continental breakfast with coffe, juice toast and doughnuts. HoJo unfortunately has no free breakfast. Candy Cane Inn has a nice one with cereals, bagels and cream cheese, toast, fruit coffee, milk, chocolate milk and juices.
Sometime you can get a better rate via their website at www.candycaneinn.net

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom