? About buying tickets online from WDW

LAM378

Original Poster
Hi everybody!

I bought myself and my son APs last week so we're good to go. Now I'm planning another trip for August with my son's father. I've got the resort booked (room only, no package) and now I need to get him a theme park ticket.

If I purchase the ticket online directly from WDW, can I link it immediately and start doing my FP+s, or will I have to wait for a plastic ticket to come in the mail before I can link it/reserve FPs?

Thanks for any info!

Rob562

Make sure you've added him as a profile on your account first, either by creating a "managed by you" profile or linking to him as a friend if he already has one of his own.

When you purchase the ticket, you'll be able to assign it to him via a drop-down box during the checkout process. You'll have access to FP+ almost immediately after completing the transaction. (And if you don't, I'd wait until the next day before starting to panic)

-Rob

cw1982

When you purchase the ticket, you'll be able to assign it to him via a drop-down box during the checkout process. You'll have access to FP+ almost immediately after completing the transaction. (And if you don't, I'd wait until the next day before starting to panic)

-Rob

She wouldn't have access to FP+ yet, though, if the trip is in August, right? Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't the 60-day window for tonight extend to July 25th or near there?

Not trying to knit pick... just don't want her freaking out when she can't book August FP+'s tomorrow.

LAM378

Original Poster
Eek--thank you, @cw1982 ! I actually was completely forgetting about the 60 day window. I really would have been panicking in a few days :hilarious:.

LAM378

Original Poster
I actually posted this thread because I was debating buying the ticket from another site, but didn't want to wait for it to be mailed--bc I forgot I wasn't at 60 days. I'm at 75 so I've got time for that now. @cw1982 , you saved me 20 bucks, which is better spent on 3 Dole Whips and 2 Mickey ice cream sandwiches.

LAM378

Original Poster
PS: that's a lot of Dole Whip! DH and I can't wait to try them... thinking we'll go with the spiked ones at AK lol ;)

I got the non-spiked on 3 separate occasions from the F&W kiosk in Epcot. SO GOOD. Like I predicted, I couldn't do alcohol -- would have interfered with my natural WDW high/adrenaline rush. But spiked Dole Whips (and some daiquiris) will fit nicely into my August do-over "relaxation" trip!

cw1982

I got the non-spiked on 3 separate occasions from the F&W kiosk in Epcot. SO GOOD. Like I predicted, I couldn't do alcohol -- would have interfered with my natural WDW high/adrenaline rush. But spiked Dole Whips (and some daiquiris) will fit nicely into my August do-over "relaxation" trip!

We'll have to compare pictures when you get back after that August trip :) then we'll both be able to relive our trips at the same time!

Yeah since we'll be at MK before AK, I'm probably going to try the alcohol-free version first, just to make sure there are no problems with my tummy not liking the texture or the amount of sugar first. Since my surgery, my stomach has a mind of its own... the good news is, if I'm not going to be able to handle something, I can usually tell as soon as it touches my tongue and can avoid getting sick if I stop eating the offending substance immediately. The frustrating part is that one of the biggest offenders over the last several months has been soft serve, like frozen yogurt. Sorbet is okay, but fro-yo... no dice! Not sure if it's the dairy that might be the issue or what... go figure.

Of course, if there does end up being a texture issue, adding a little rum might remedy the problem ;)

LAM378

Original Poster
The frustrating part is that one of the biggest offenders over the last several months has been soft serve, like frozen yogurt. Sorbet is okay, but fro-yo... no

That's so strange! You'd think the difference between them is so slight, I wonder why it makes a difference?

I can't even describe Dole Whip. It looked like soft serve and had that texture, but no creaminess. Just straight pineapple. It was actually confusing because for all its deliciousness, I expected it to taste different than it did by looking at it. We will compare photos and notes!

cw1982

That's so strange! You'd think the difference between them is so slight, I wonder why it makes a difference?

I can't even describe Dole Whip. It looked like soft serve and had that texture, but no creaminess. Just straight pineapple. It was actually confusing because for all its deliciousness, I expected it to taste different than it did by looking at it. We will compare photos and notes!

Yep... I really think it has to do with the dairy. I can also handle fruity sweetness better than chocolate or vanilla lol... weird I know.

If it's not really creamy, sounds more like a sorbet, which means I should be able to eat a whole one with no problems if I want it, especially since it's not chocolate.

LAM378

Original Poster
If it's not really creamy, sounds more like a sorbet, which means I should be able to eat a whole one with no problems if I want it, especially since it's not chocolate.

Kiddo actually spit it out because he expected it to be ice cream and when it hit his tongue, it decidedly was not...based on my unscientific evidence I think you might be fine with it !

I can't wait to read your trip report--you'd better be doing a trip report! ;)

cw1982

Kiddo actually spit it out because he expected it to be ice cream and when it hit his tongue, it decidedly was not...based on my unscientific evidence I think you might be fine with it !

If it's not ice cream I should be fine ;)

And no worries... there will definitely be a trip report! :)

disney4life2008

If its not ice cream what is it?

cw1982

Ironic because I always get at least 2 at MK lol. I have issues once I think about certain foods too much then I never want it again. It is delicious though.

Yeah I've noticed a few of your posts lately where you discuss food lol... I think you and I have similar palates. I have no qualms with soft serve sorbets though... I enjoy them because I can't eat much frozen yogurt, and DH and my friends all love going to frozen yogurt self serve bars, so I have to feel like I can enjoy the experience as well ;)

disney4life2008

Yeah I've noticed a few of your posts lately where you discuss food lol... I think you and I have similar palates. I have no qualms with soft serve sorbets though... I enjoy them because I can't eat much frozen yogurt, and DH and my friends all love going to frozen yogurt self serve bars, so I have to feel like I can enjoy the experience as well ;)

Yea I have a bad tendency of thinking about food items too much then if that happens its disgusting. There is one thing though that is mesmerizing the smell of popcorn on Main Street. It only affects me there - any other place in the world (and even movie theaters) does not bother me. But on Main Street YUMMMMM

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom