ABC's Monstropolis?

KrazyKat

Original Poster
Just came across this on the net and it's something I've never heard about before. Sounds like it may/may not actually happen but I was surprised by the possible name of it and the supposed premise especially since ABC is Disney owned. If it does get made they could change the name of the show but if not, could it effect the possible rumors of a Monsters Inc Monstropolis in DHS whether true or not?

http://www.avclub.com/article/abc-orders-monstropolis-pilot-saw-iv-and-v-writers-223333

MonorailLover

Seems kind of like the pilot they ordered for the Big Thunder Mountain TV series... It hasn't come to light, and probably won't. Pilots are basically for market research and to show to the directors, it's one episode, and more than 50% of them will never actually turn into a series......

I will say that it sounds like a good idea though...

Next Big Thing

Seems kind of like the pilot they ordered for the Big Thunder Mountain TV series... It hasn't come to light, and probably won't. Pilots are basically for market research and to show to the directors, it's one episode, and more than 50% of them will never actually turn into a series......

If you read the article, they ordered a "put pilot" for the show because of expense, meaning that the Pilot episode MUST be aired. The chances of it getting picked up for a season are greatly increased due to this.

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT

this deal is a put pilot though which if they don't air it, they owe the production company money so at least it leads to a higher than likely case we'll see it...

MonorailLover

If you read the article, they ordered a "put pilot" for the show because of expense, meaning that the Pilot episode MUST be aired. The chances of it getting picked up for a season are greatly increased due to this.

this deal is a put pilot though which if they don't air it, they owe the production company money so at least it leads to a higher than likely case we'll see it...

I read the article, what I mainly meant was we might see the pilot alright, but there's a smidge of a chance we'll ever see it as a series.

Eoghann

Actually a "put pilot" just means the network has guaranteed to pay for filming of the pilot. An "on-air commitment" is when they guarantee to air it. Even then there's a surprising number that don't get aired. It's amazing how often it makes more financial sense for the network to air a re-run of a popular show rather than a pilot they already know they're not turning into a series.

This year ABC ordered 25 pilots so you know most of them won't become a series.

Last edited:

MonorailLover

Maybe they should make a pilot...Called....Alderaan.......Let that sink in for a moment...

I forgot this one..... I thought it was required here...
image.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom