Abbreviations!!

mebucko

Original Poster
Hello Everyone!
We have been long-time WDW visitors, starting in Nov.71, and one of our daughters was a Cast Member. Love the Forum, but spend a lot of time trying to figure out a lot of the abbreviations! "CM" is easy because of our daughter and some common sense.
Since we're late to the Forum party, could a thread be started showing the most common WDW abbreviations?
Sometimes its like solving a puzzle - "YEA!!"
Other times it is a "Huh?"(like TDO and FLE)
Thanks, and Cheers to All!
Bill

NeedMoreMickey

It is in the post My Magic + Details numerous times. Here is the first time it shows up

Nearly everything in that post is either in the T&C or has been previously officially released. Purple is new, but that's not very confusing.

Darth Tater

I agree that some can be a bit tricky. For example, TDS could mean The Disney Store, or it could mean Tokyo Disney Sea. Another one that always gets me is CR. When someone uses CR in a sentence, are they referring to Contemporary Resort, or the 1990's classic film, Cool Runnings? If you read DHS in a trip report, is the author talking about Disney's Hollywood Studios, or was there a David Hasselhoff Sighting?

Luckily most acronyms can be deduced based upon the surrounding text in which they sit. Of course if you have any questions or confusions over some of them...members here will be glad to help. TTYL.

rsoxguy

Good gravy woman, now I have to explain the lame humor? (GGWNIHTETLH)
Hardy-har-har, but the center "har" is replaced with a directional statement. In this case, "shut off your computer", similar to "stop talking", or "shut yer pie hole".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom