tcool123

Original Poster
@tcool123 When can we expect reviews?
Is now good? :D:p
Challenge 3 - The Art of the Resorts
Reviews

2241284-Disneys-Art-of-Animation-Resort-Hotel-Exterior-1-RTS.jpg

Disney's Waters of the World by Magic Feather

Right off the bat, you bring out a theme that I don't believe I've ever seen before. It is an interesting choice, and I do believe that the theme works well for a Value. However the map is somewhat unclear, and I wished you could've had a better key that said what those numbers correlated too. I think the entry cover with the wavy design will me modern, but yet invoke that feeling of water. I like the names you chose for the restaurant and store, and that pun was cleverly hidden.
The Princess and the Frog area will be a great way to welcome those staying at the resort, and Mama Odie's sounds like it will be breathtaking at night. I like how the blue wavy design is incorporated on the buildings, and throughout the resort's buildings themselves. I wished you have gone into more detail for the room itself, as I'm still left clueless to how everything else will look. In fact as you went wing by wing you just entirely forgot to describe the rooms or give a hint as to what to expect. Furthermore wouldn't this be a bit too similar to the New Orleans resort given that Tiana has her own rooms over there? The Tangled Towers area sounds like it'll be beautiful, and a great place to stay. And similar to the tree house, I bet Rapunzel's hair will be stunning at night. Also the song is called Healing Incantation not Gleam and Glow ;) The rest of the wings fit in well with the resort, but other than Paradise Fall is there really much of a water presence in that film?
I'm not sure if Disney would really go for that Tangled to Frozen change as Tangled is still widely popular. Perhaps a Frozen overlay of the Pocahontas Wing. However my next issue is that I don't see Disney rethemeing any hotel before it even turns five. I just don't think that it's very realistic that Disney would do something like that.

Disney's Hasbro Games Resort by kmbmw777

I'm going to be honest when you first posted this I wasn't really sure how it would fit in. But as you described it more, I can totally see this working at Disney World, and perhaps an extension of the Pop Century theme as a Board Game through the Ages resort. I like how you included a map, but what happened to rooms 5000 - 5999 :cyclops:
I actually really like how interactive your lobby is, and how you incorporated other classic games that just don't warrant a full on wing. I like the concept of the board game rooms, but I think it should've been incorporated into an arcade with video games as board games can take a long time such as Monopoly and Risk. I feel like you should've been more descriptive of your store and restaurant, and their names leave something to be deserved.
The Monopoly wing, I feel is executed well, and while you didn't really describe your room you had a picture, and sometimes when describing a room with a picture is all that's needed. Luckily this picture fit perfectly. The Clue section fit well, and I have no real comments. The Candyland section fit well. However I disagree with your choice to targeting a specific demographic by making your rooms girly. It should've been open to more varieties of color, and a broader demographic. The Wreck it Ralph additions were a nice addition, and I feel like they will fit in well with the current theme of the wing. Heck i'm surprised there isn't a Wreck It- Ralph version of Candyland they fit perfectly. The Battleship wing sounds like another wing which will bring guests into the world of the board game, and provide plenty of interactive elements.

Disney's Dream Village by spacemt354

Right off the bat you impress me with a theme that would have never crossed my mind, but is the perfect counterpart to Pop Century. The Horizons theme is very clever, and fits in well with a hotel. In fact I would be excited to stay here, at that's coming from someone who has never experienced the ride itself. I love all the little touches you include within the resort such as the timeline, the times board, the murals depicting the three wings, etc.
In general I feel that each and your wings are well themed, and fit the theme of what you have set out for. Also nice to see some original art. The first thing I noticed was that you repeated paragraphs in the desert themed wing. Overall each wing is well themed, and is very cohesive.
I liked the Millennium Cafe, but would've wished for a description for some items like the Horizon Burger. The gift shop was another nice nod to Epcot, and fits in well with this futuristic theme. The name for the child care services would get Disney sued, as there's already company with said name, and in act they have many locations throughout the states. However the general concept of it is great. The Astonomy via the Telescopes throughout the resort was a nice touch that would be super cool. On a side note this Disney Springs, what is it? :confused::p;)

Disney's Animation Resort by Tegan pilots a chicken

Woo art! :D As the only resort to keep the same theme, I'm interested in how you have your resort differs to what exists today. However looking at it now it seems that you kept half of the wings. Off the bat your resort doesn't give off the feeling of a Value, but more of a Moderate this is due to you describing the buildings as recreations of various villages and towns. Or maybe it is a value, because according to your amenities there's no pool :cyclops: Lastly the Sci-Fi Drive In is a great concept, bit a bit vague. Is it the restaurant at DHS that is hosting this? Will there be two Sci-Fi Drive Ins, or would it be moved over here.

Disney's Space Port Resort by AdventurerEllie

Another unique theme for a Value. I also like the little touch on the map with each umber being laid over the planet the building represents. I like the themeing of space throughout the lobby. Like the gift shop, but not sure who would be wishing to buy Witch Mountain anything... The Milky Way Eatery is a bit disappointing, but at least the deserts can be iconic.
The half moon pool sounds fun, and the room's are cleverly made using the warm color palettes. Ontot he asteroid belt, you should probably do some research when writing about characters your not 100% aware of. Lilo and Stitch have two blueish big guys, Captain Gantu (Dark Blueish) and Dr. Jumba (Blue-Purpleish). Other than that everything else seems fine in the asteroid belt. Nothing that really pops out, other than those unique drinks. Actually yeah the wings are pretty much the same with different color palaettes. Hoever one thing that did grab my attention again was when you have fountains jump over the pool. That sounds really cool and eye catching. Also by purchasing a future Space Ip you mean, Space Jam right? ;):p

rs-206607-Screen-Shot-2015-08-19-at-12.43.08-PM.jpg

Disney's Saturday Afternoon by TheOriginalTiki

Another original concept, but I'm not exactly sure if this resort has longevity. I mean the shows your talking about for your resort were long off the air by the time this decade started, and by the year 2030 many wouldn't be familiar with at least half the properties present. We would be in a similar situation as the one at All Star Movies where The Mighty Ducks is largely unknown by those who stay there, and Herbie is beginning to fade as people forget about Lindasy's Herbie film. In this case The Mighty Ducks would be Recess and Kim Possible would be Herbie.
The lobby is a bit unoriginal as you have the concept sketches decorating the walls, but you do have the portraits of characters in the lobby. The arcade is an interesting concept, and the waiting area is a nice touch. By the way by favorite Disney Channel shows do you mean 2012 Disney Channel or 90's Disney Channel?
The DuckTales wing I think will be rather fun, and I think it can have a real chance to be remembered given the roots of the DuckTale Characters being part of the Mickey & Co line. However the water slide isn't really what is to be expected at a Value. Or even a moderate as there are none that tall :cyclops: Not much can be said about Mermaid because its unchanged. The Recess playground sounds fun, but I'm not sure how many people would be happy about staying inside a school for their vacation. The Kim Possible Wing has an interesting set up, but perhaps guests would get lost with the story, or rather the lack there of. Also is there three restaurants here? There's the School Cafeteria, Loco Nacho, and the House of Mouse. Speaking of which, a fine dining buffet with characters, animatronics sounds better fit for something at Hollywood Studios.

Disney's Echo of Hollywood Resort by IDInstitute

I saw real potential in this hotel, but its unfinished. However you did turn something in, so that's a plus :D

Disney's Seasons of Magic Resort by MonorailRed

This theme has great potential, but I'm not sure if you were really able to deliver upon the theme. First of why is Flynn's Arcade from Tron here? :cyclops: I get synergy and all, but how does fit any season? The wing's themes are great fits, but feel sadly underdeveloped.​

Last edited:

tcool123

Original Poster
Results

Technically @DSquared lost automatically by not turning anything in. So he technically dropped out of nothing. And thus he gets to return to 2016, and stay at the winning resort.

The Winnings
9. DSquared - 0
8. IDInstitute - 1
7. MonorailRed - 2
6. TheOriginalTiki - 3
5. Tegan pilots a chicken - 4
4. Magic Feather - 5
3. AdventurerEllie - 6
2. kmbmw777 - 7
1. spacemt354 - 8

Total Points
9. DSquared - 0
8. Tegan pilots a chicken - 5
7. TheOriginalTiki - 8
6. IDInstitute - 10
5. MonorailRed - 11
3T. AdventurerEllie - 13
3T. kmbmw777 - 13
1T. spacemt354 - 20
1T. Magic Feather - 20​

Last edited:

kmbmw777

Results

Technically @DSquared lost automatically by not turning anything in. So he technically dropped out of nothing. And thus he gets to return to 2016, and stay at the winning resort.

The Winnings
9. DSquared - 0
8. IDInstitute - 1
7. MonorailRed - 2
6. TheOriginalTiki - 3
5. AimYourBrent - 4
4. Magic Feather - 5
3. AdventurerEllie - 6
2. kmbmw777 - 7
1. spacemt354 - 8

Total Points
9. DSquared - 0
8. AimYourBrent - 5
7. TheOriginalTiki - 8
6. IDInstitute - 10
5. MonorailRed - 11
3T. AdventurerEllie - 13
3T. kmbmw777 - 13
1T. spacemt354 - 20
1T. Magic Feather - 20​
Sick.

tcool123

Original Poster
Challenge 4 – Disco is Dead!
Gambler's Challenge & Singular Elimination

Disco-Yeti.jpg

Welcome Imagineers, it is I, tcool! I am here to discuss with you the important matter at hand. Eisner wishes to incorporate a new thrilling E-Ticket for Animal Kingdom in Asia. As you many of you know in our timeline there’s Expedition Everest however that’s all about to change. For you see, in this challenge Eisner wants you to create an original E-Ticket Thrill Ride centered around a singuler or multiple mythological creatures found in Asia. Your creature may be from any part of what is considered Asia on most maps. The only other limitations are it must not incorporate the Yeti, and to steer away from anything that is a water ride given the close proximity of Kali River Rapids. And in case you were unaware this project began in 2003 and was completed in 2006.

A great source for mythological creatures -
http://mythicalcreatureslist.com/index.php

Gambler's Challenge Rules -
You will bet an amount of points dependent on regulations given to you.

You may bet up to half your points if you bet that you can get first.
You may bet a quarter of your points if you bet you can get in the top three.
You may bet two points if you bet you can get anything but last.

If you win the gamble you will receive half of the points that you bet with. If you lose your gamble you lose half the points you bet.

If you wish to gamble you must say so in your main post.

Due by Thursday 10/20 at 11:59 PM.

Any questions feel free to ask. :D

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
Challenge 4 – Disco is Dead!
Gambler's Challenge & Singular Elimination

Disco-Yeti.jpg

Welcome Imagineers, it is I, tcool! I am here to discuss with you the important matter at hand. Eisner wishes to incorporate a new thrilling E-Ticket for Animal Kingdom in Asia. As you many of you know in our timeline there’s Expedition Everest however that’s all about to change. For you see, in this challenge Eisner wants you to create an original E-Ticket Thrill Ride centered around a singuler or multiple mythological creatures found in Asia. Your creature may be from any part of what is considered Asia on most maps. The only other limitations are it must not incorporate the Yeti, and to steer away from anything that is a water ride given the close proximity of Kali River Rapids.

Due by Thursday 10/20 at 11:59 PM.

Any questions feel free to ask. :D

Gambler's Challenge Rules -
You will bet an amount of points dependent on regulations given to you.

You may bet up to half your points if you bet that you can get first.
You may bet a quarter of your points if you bet you can get in the top three.
You may bet two points if you bet you can get anything but last.

If you win the gamble you will receive half of the points that you bet with. If you lose your gamble you lose half the points you bet.

If you wish to gamble you must say so in your main post.​
Just wondering, what is the time period we are working in this challenge?

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Welcome to Disney's Animal Kingdom! Something big is happening on our Asia continent. Are you ready to come face to face with the most mysterious mythical creatures from the far east?! Beware of the dragon, and get ready for,..

Escape From Mythical Mountain!!

Before our adventures begin, let's have a better look at our ride building.

The forest and mountain top from the first picture are just a facade. The actual ride building is much bigger!

And here is the real star of our show, the ride vehicle!

Up to six guests sit straight across aboard gilders, suspended in air from an all new track system that allows the vehicle to bank, and rotate up to 45 degrees left or right. Additionally, the glider can handle small climbs and drops. Up to 14 vehicles can be on the track at any given time. At a ride time of just over three minutes, EFMM has a capacity of around 1600 guests per hour.

Are you ready to ride?! Let's go!

The queue winds through several displays of statues and artifacts depicting a variety of mythical creatures from all across Asia, even more than we'll be encountering on our adventure.

Once we've boarded, we are whisked away on a gust of wind, and find ourselves gliding peacefully over a quaint Chinese village.

Sailing over a small body of water, we now enter a temple, guarded by two pairs of Pixiu. Legend has it that these creatures bring good fortune to those who bring them silver or gold. Their eyes follow us as we enter the temple.

Emerging from the other side of the doors, we encounter a set of dokkaebi. These mischievous characters are shapeshifters. We experience their talents thanks to cutting edge projection effects.

Rounding a curve, we dip beneath some trees, and find ourselves in the presence of Maria Makiling. This legendary nymph is the guardian of the forest, and its inhabitants. She wishes us well, but warns us not to wake the sleeping dragon.

We now gently rise into the air exiting the wooded area. Overlooking a bridge, a small town, and another lake, we see a mountain in the distance. Our intuition says not to venture to it, but our curiosity says otherwise.

We reach the top of the mountain and come to a sudden halt. Our glider starts to shake and swing from side to side, as the dragon rises from the depths of the mountain, surrounded by a shroud of smoke and fire.

Our gliders make a sharp dive to the right, and the chase is on! Soaring over some hilly terrain, we look down to see that we are flying over the Great Wall of China.

Hearing the roar of the beast still behind us, we make another sharp turn, and dive beneath some trees to find another, much larger body of water. Slowing down to nearly a complete stop, the water itself begins to tremble, and suddenly, a ghost whale known as a bake kujira leaps out of the water, snapping its jaw in our direction, before plummeting back into the water on the other side of our vehicle.

The roar of the dragon sounds nearer, as we are off again, climbing back into the air now. In the distance, we see a dark cave. Seems like a good place to hide.

We enter the cave, and are surrounded by near pitch black except for a few hints of fire, and a faint, purple glow. The glow starts to seem to take the shape of numerous figures. Then we see them, the bizarre kasa obake, an entire family of them in fact, hanging upside down from the cave ceiling.

The kasa obake do not do anything but blink at us as we pass by.

Forging deeper still into the cave, we arrive at what appears to be a dead end. Nothing but boulders in our path.

Then, we hear a creaking, as if something is lurking behind the rocks. Then, its eyes open, glowing a deep, crimson red. Slowly, the figure emerges. And it is indeed the dragon!

The beast rears its head, then, lunging toward us, breathes a plume of fire from its snout, as at the last moment, our vehicle plunges down the final 30 foot drop back to our initial starting level. And suddenly, we find ourselves back in the loving grasp of safety. The nearly invisible forest nymph waves goodbye to us as we enter the unloading zone, and depart from this magical, mysterious, and mythical world.

The adjacent gift shop is full of plush toys, metallic trinkets, jewelry, t-shirts, hats, and other merchandise featuring characters from the ride. Additionally, you may purchase an on ride photo of your adventure, taken during the final encounter with the dragon!

Out of the gift shop doors, we find ourselves back in the continent of Asia.

Wanna ride again?! Because I have a fast pass. :)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom