A Twist In Time

tcool123

Original Poster
To those who have work and other things in life, don't worry that's far more important :D So good on you for knowing you wouldn't be able to support an Imagineering Comp + life. Hopefully you can all follow along :)

For those of you who still wish to sign up there are six spots left!

Tagging some people from the ID Tag weebly that I'm not sure if I have yet.

@ThemeParkJunkee
@DuckTalesWooHoo1987
@brb1006
@Steel City Magic
@mimitchi33
@A foolish mortal

Figments Friend

Well that is right nice of you for remembering me and giving a shout out.
So I thank you for that.

Not sure if I will be able to participate as I am in the midst of a once-in-a- lifetime experience with my favorite 'real Imagineer' at the moment.
;)

This does sound like a fun project idea, and anything related to 'The Time Machine' has my interest.
So I shall be looking over what is to come.
-

tcool123

Original Poster
This is a final notice for those who wish to join A Twist in Time. Today is the last day until I post the first prompt tomorrow morning. There are four remaining spots, so come on down an sign up. And hey, if you've never done an imagineering competition there's always a first for everything!Who knows? Maybe you'll like it, but maybe you won't, there's only one way to find out and that's to sign up :D

tcool123

Original Poster
Is there a list of people who have signed up already, so we know who's in? Cause I wanna make sure I'm on that list :hilarious:
Yeah I should probably post that :hilarious: I have it somewhere around here :brb:

Here it is -
  1. @IAmNotAHufflepuff
  2. @Magic Feather
  3. @IDInstitute
  4. @AdventurerEllie
  5. @TheOriginalTiki
  6. @DSquared
  7. @MonorailRed
  8. @Matt7187
  9. @spacemt354
  10. @Brer Robbie (wait weren't you ninth to sign up :bored:, god I'm truly bad at numbers :hilarious:)
  11. @kmbmw777
  12. @AimYourBrent
I hope that's everyone so far, if I missed someone please speak up :D

tcool123

Original Poster
Challenge 1 : The End of a Wild Ride

mr_toads_wild_ride_entrance.jpg

I President Tcool, welcome you all to the year 1998. Standing before you is Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, and as many of you know it closed down this very same year to make way for The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. Now we are going to try and stop that from happening! I have inputted all your information into the Imagineers database, and you should be able to sneak into the Imagineering Offices and submit a proposal to replace Wild Ride in this timeline, and Winnie the Pooh in the next.

Now there's a couple of problems, I'm afraid that they have already decided on a track layout so you will be working with the current track of Winnie the Pooh. Also this ride is supposed to be done on the cheap so nothing crazy expensive like Dinosaur level animatronics. They want animatronics and figures similar to those in The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. I was able to find the blueprint for the Winnie the Pooh ride. If it helps you plan your submission well here it is -

TheManyAdventuresOfWinnieThePooh_zps42f42753.jpg

Best of luck imagineers, and by the way you should use more than five sentences, and you can use as many pictures as you want. The submission date is Sunday, September 25 this should give you about six days to work on your submission. Also one last thing it seems the time machine is holding up fine so I don't think anyone will need to go home this time around. So go onward! No dillydallying!

(Just because there are no eliminations this round, does not mean points will not be rewarded. Points will still be given out to those who submit.)​

Magic Feather

Challenge 1 : The End of a Wild Ride

mr_toads_wild_ride_entrance.jpg

I President Tcool, welcome you all to the year 1998. Standing before you is Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, and as many of you know it closed down this very same year to make way for The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. Now we are going to try and stop that from happening! I have inputted all your information into the Imagineers database, and you should be able to sneak into the Imagineering Offices and submit a proposal to replace Wild Ride in this timeline, and Winnie the Pooh in the next.

Now there's a couple of problems, I'm afraid that they have already decided on a track layout so you will be working with the current track of Winnie the Pooh. Also this ride is supposed to be done on the cheap so nothing crazy expensive like Dinosaur level animatronics. They want animatronics and figures similar to those in The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. I was able to find the blueprint for the Winnie the Pooh ride. If it helps you plan your submission well here it is -

TheManyAdventuresOfWinnieThePooh_zps42f42753.jpg

Best of luck imagineers, and by the way you should use more than five sentences, and you can use as many pictures as you want. The submission date is Sunday, September 25 this should give you about six days to work on your submission. Also one last thing it seems the time machine is holding up fine so I don't think anyone will need to go home this time around. So go onward! No dillydallying!

(Just because there are no eliminations this round, does not mean points will not be rewarded. Points will still be given out to those who submit.)​
(Disregarding aesthetics, do the ride vehicles have to be the same, or can they be a bit different?

tcool123

Original Poster
So got various questions so for clarity -
You are giving a new theme to the Mr Toad Wild Ride showbuilding, but with the current track of Winnie the Pooh.

The ride vehicles can have a new aesthetic or completely new vehicles but will be needed to run on a traditional dark ride track similar to Snow White, Alice in Wonderland, Pinnocioh, etc.

The theme of your ride is up for you to decide. You can use any IP except Wind in the Willows.

Hope that answers the questions you all have.

If you have any more questions dont be hesitant to ask me :D

TheOriginalTiki

Welp, there goes all my research so far down the drain
:p

Wind in the Willows is a fantastic piece of literature and I'd reccomend reading it even outside of the project...Just throwing that out there, haha!

@tcool123, this is an amazing first prompt! I love how creative you're getting with combining timelines and all that. Using the Pooh track layout is definitely going to be the biggest challenge this project.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom