A Twist In Time

tcool123

Original Poster
Special Challenge - Presidential Party

OCT21-winnie-the-pooh-for-president-TDID1180x600-780x440.jpg

In honor of the presidential election in the next year of 2016, Imagineering wishes to celebrate by having a year long celebration until Election Day promoting a Disney character for president. They have ruled out Winnie the Pooh and Goofy as they have both already received Presdential Nomination parties, but in hope to bring back a classic tradition you Imagineers have been assigned onto this special challenge! All you have to do is have Presidential celebration with a parade and more starring a singular character as president. The challenge is set in 2015, and it can housed in any of the parks.

The challenge is due Friday 11/11 at 11:59 PM EST.

The bottom Imagineer for total will receive a bonus of 1 point, the middle Imagineer will receive 0.5 points, and spacemt/Magic Feather if they do it will receive 0.25 points.​

spacemt354

Chili's
Rogers2016.jpg

Steve Rogers aka Captain America will be holding a presidential rally and victory parade for the 2016 election coming soon. Winning the nomination, Steve Rogers has pledged to America that he will #draintheswamp of Hydra in America. Thousands showed up to the rally in Brooklyn New York.
Cap250_01.jpg

His running mate, Bucky Barnes, was very excited at the nomination and election - citing the campaign slogan "We can do this all day"
ra,triblend_tee,x1000,royal_triblend,front-c,225,150,225,370-pad,220x294,ffffff.2u2.jpg

T-shirts with the campaign were given throughout the event. In Captain America's inaugural address, he promised that there would never be another war if he was president...

Civil-War-logo-1940x1086.jpg

Except for that...

Avengers-Infinity-War-Logo-Joe-Steiner.jpg

Oh...and that...

Nevertheless, in all of those Captain America is still our hero and America's hero - fighting for our freedom!

All in all - God Bless America!
captain-america.jpg

DinoInstitute

IDInstitute Presents- The Special Challenge
In Honor of Election Day, and to Cap Off This Crazy Political Season on a Fun Note, I Present to You:
The Race to the WDW Presidency!

Starring
Elsa as Hillary Clinton
Lightning McQueen as Donald Trump
Br'er Rabbit as Bernie Sanders

Winnie The Pooh as Barack Obama
Sally as Kellyanne Conway
Mike Wazowski as FBI Director Comey
Goofy as Gary Johnson
Disco Yeti as Marco Rubio
Woody as Chris Christie

Figment, Gonzo, and Russell as new nominee extras
and Mickey Mouse special guest star appearing as himself as Moderator Mickey!

Now, without further ado, let's begin!:

---

Moderator Mickey:
clipmicktux21.gif

"Well, hello there friends! It is my honor to welcome you to the Hall of Presidents theater, where we have modified the stage to have something new set up! Tonight marks the start of the 2016 Presidential Race, President of WDW that is! With me tonight is our current president of many years who is about to finish his work with a new character in his place, Winnie The Pooh!"

President Winnie The Pooh:
latest

"Hi Mickey! Thanks for having me! It's been awfully fun being the WDW President for all these years, but I'm ready for someone to take my place. Luckily we've got all these nice candidates, I'm looking forward to a nice and friendly campaign, nobody's gonna be a bad choice!"

Moderator Mickey:
"You said it Pooh! Now, it's time to begin! As you all know, we have two main political parties in WDW- the Adventure Party, and the Magic Party! Each party has four candidates running for the party's nomination. Soon y'all will vote for the primaries, but first we have the primary debates! First up, the Adventure Party debate! Let's bring out the candidates!"
adventure-party-canidates-jpg.174064

Moderator Mickey:
"Welcome, candidates! As we all know, the Adventure Party primarily believes in having lots of fun adventures at WDW. My first question is for Woody. Woody, do you believe your recent scandal with the bridge in the Toy Story Midway Mania queue could impact your campaign?"

Woody:
"Look, I did not have ANY hand in the closing of that bridge in the queue. That was a major annoyance for many for which I apologize, however I did not close down that bridge!"

Lightning McQueen:
"Oh, please, can it Woody. Enough talk, we ALL know you and your Toy Story posse are all UNFIT to RUN"

Moderator Mickey:
"Lightning, care to explain?"

Lightning McQueen:

"Oh, I'll do more than explain, Mickey. Look. WACKY WOODY has NO IDEA what he's doing! That's it! He has no idea! He's got that whole Toy Story Land project going on, it's a piece of crap! It's taking up so much space, and is way over budget. Just look at my land, my Cars Land, I know how to have immersive lands. I have the best lands. Oh and not to mention the fact that Toy Story Land, it's RIGHT up against Star Wars! He has no sense of thematic continuity! And I'll tell ya what, the first thing I'm gonna do as WDW President, I'm gonna build a wall. It's gonna be a great wall. It'll be a huge wall. It'll go right in between Star Wars and Toy Story, making sure NO THEMING SLIPS TO THE OTHER LAND! And if my charming negotiation skills are put to the test, guess what?- UNIVERSAL IS GOING TO PAY FOR IT!!!!!

If I'm put in charge, I'll make sure these big projects are HIGH QUALITY, like my land. Mr. Bozo Bob Iger and Weak Winnie have been TERRIBLE. Terrible! That's it!"

Disco Yeti:
"Ok, guys, and Lightning, enough. Can we dispel the notion that Iger and Pooh have no idea what they're doing? They know exactly what they're doing!"

Lightning:
"Ha. Of course Dinky Disco Yeti is the one to defend Iger and Pooh. EVERYONE. HE IS A BROKEN EFFECT. HE CANNOT BE PRESIDENT"

Moderator Mickey:
"Umm...ok... To try and bring this back on track... Lightning, you've expressed...err... strong, words on your feelings on the "illegal aliens". Can you explain what you meant there?"

Lightning McQueen:
"THESE ALIENS ARE TAKING OUR JOBS! AND WOODY OVER THERE AND THE OTHER TOYS ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM BRINGING THEM IN!"

latest

"So, let's get this straight. They come in, they take our jobs in all these merchandise sales and meet and greets, and all they do to help the WDW community is nothing except some dinky flat ride coming in the future? I say we make that Toy Story Land wall even bigger!!! Bigger all the way around the land, not just on the Star Wars side! AND WE KEEP THEM OUTTA HERE!"

Moderator Mickey:
"O...ok then...I didn't really see any of this coming, that's for sure...

I think this is a good place to end the Adventure Party debates. Now, it's time to move on to the Magic Party!"
magic-party-canidates-jpg.174065

Moderator Mickey:
"Welcome everyone! A recurring topic in the Magic Party is advancements in environmental work, including new Energy developments. Universe of Energy, that is! I'm going to go down the line, and I want you all to share your thoughts on what to do about the aging Universe of Energy."

Figment:
"Well, I've never been on Energy, I'm always over in Imagination!, so I don't know... BUT IF WE USE OUR IMAGINATION, ANY IDEA WILL WORK! Speaking of which, when is my refurbishment coming?"

Gonzo:
"I don't wanna change it. Ellen's funny! Plus, me and Bill Nye are totally bros, man!"

Elsa:
"Well, I've heard the idea of Guardians of the Galaxy thrown around. I mean, it's not perfect, but I think it can work!"

Br'er Rabbit:
"NO! NO MORE FROM ELSA ON GAHDIANS OF THE GALAXY! This is the TYPICAL WDW TDO POLITICAL INSIDAH ANSWER! Elsa is a
paht of the rigged political insidah system! WHAT WE NEED TO DO IS RESTORE EPCOT TO ITS ORIGINAL GLORY! What I want is to give a proper Energy themed ovahhaul. I will NOT let the TOP PEOPLE continue to shove their big popular IPs in our faces, we must bring back quality attractions with thematic integrity! Just look at me! People love Splash Mountain, but nobody knows who the hell I even am othahwise!"

Elsa:
"Look, I know people have criticized my new star attraction Frozen Ever After, but it really does fit well. If it didn't why would it be the most popular attraction in the park? Everyone loves it, and the lines are out of the door!"

Br'er Rabbit:
"BECAUSE your CAPACITY is TERRIBLE! The long lines for your ride are atrocious! And let me tell you, I am SICK and TIE-AHD of the 1% being the only ones who get to experience all these attractions like Frozenstrom in the first place! I WILL FIGHT TO BRING A MAGICAL EXPERIENCE TO THE 99%-ERS TOO!"

Moderator Mickey:
"Ok, I'm gonna stop this here...this is a bit crazier than I thought...

Well, to everyone watching at home, I'll get back to you soon on HorizonsNews to bring you the latest on the primary polls!"

---

Moderator Mickey:
"Hey, friends! I'm back! And it looks like we have our two WDW Presidential Candidates- From the Adventure Party,
Lightning McQueen, and from the Magic Party, Elsa!"

auto%20cars.jpg

6d7454cea6644379adc7e529c5790a28078a2823.jpeg

"It's been a crazy election so far! And to make it even crazier, we've got two special guests with us in the HorizonsNews studio here at DHS to talk about it- Welcome Br'er Rabbit, losing Magic Party candidate, and Sally, Lightning McQueen's campaign advisor! Mr. Rabbit, I understand you have an announcement?"

Br'er Rabbit:

"Yes. He-ah's the thing- Lightning McQueen is a nut job! I know what I've said about Elsa, but I mean, some of the things Lightning has said?! Come on! THIS MAN IS UNFIT!"

Sally:
25182_1215017731187_402_300.jpg

"I'm sorry Mickey, but why
should anyone listen to Br'er Rabbit? He used to say how terrible Elsa was, and now Lightning? Come on. I admit, he has said some things I wouldn't necessarily say, but that's why people love him. He is no TDO political insider saying everything so perfect just like any politician would like to hear like Elsa!"

Mickey:
"So, would you mind if we talk about some of these comments?"

Sally:
"Sure thing Mickey"

Mickey:
"What are your thoughts on Lightning saying, when asked about Chester and Hester's DinoRama, 'I would bomb the sh*t out of that!'"

Sally:
"To be fair, who wouldn't want to do that? But I'm sure he wouldn't actually...right..."

Mickey:
"When Guardians of the Galaxy- Mission: BREAKOUT was announced, he was quoted on saying: 'Iger and Chapek, what pieces of work. AND YOU CAN TELL THEM...TO GO F*CK THEMSELVES!'"

Sally:
"What needs to be defended about saying this? Sure, it was a little brass, but-"

Mickey:
"After the premier of Finding Dory, he made fun of Dory doing an impression 'GAHHH I DONT KNOW WHAT I SAID GAHHH I DONT REMEMBER!!!'"

Sally:
"Mickey, I mean, what Lightning meant was-"

Mickey:
"When talking about Elsa, he said: 'She has ice coming out of her hands...ice coming out of her...wherever'"

Sally:
"Thanks for having me on the show Mickey, I think I have to go now"

Mickey:
"Thank you Sally. Now, that leaves you and me, Br'er. You know as well as I do that there are a lot of 'Br'er or Bust' millennial voters out there. Do you have any message to them voting before you go?"

Br'er Rabbit:
"Yes. Listen, I have never agreed with Elsa once...we have fought on like 75 different fronts...but when all is said and all is done- Elsa has beliefs for WDW. Lightning is dumb!
All Magic Party supporters, here me out. A VOTE FOR A 3rd PARTY CANDIDATE IS A VOTE FOR McQUEEN!"

Mickey:
"Thank you Br'er, have a nice night.

Now, our next guest is one of these 3rd party candidates, Goofy!"

Goofy:
"Well, hello! <Gahaw-haw!>"

Mickey:
"So, Goofy. Talk to me about your foreign theme park policies?"

Goofy:
"Well, gawsh, I don't know!"

Mickey:
"Ok...Do you have any plans to add attractions as president?"

Goofy:
"I wanna ride something awfully cool, that's for sure! <Gahaw-haw!>"

Mickey:
"What are your thoughts on WDSP?"

Goofy:
"And what is 'WDSP'?"

Mickey:
"You're kidding."

Goofy:
"No, what is this WDSP thing?"

Mickey:
"WDSP is Walt Disney Studios Paris, a complete mess of a Disney theme park. How can you be a legitimate WDW President candidate and not know about these serious issues internationally that need fixing?"

Goofy:
"Well, gawsh, I don't know"

Mickey:
"Alrighty then...Time for a new guest! WDW FBI Security Director, Mike Wazowski!"

Mike:
"Hey, Mickey! Thanks for having me! It's GREAT to be here!"

Mickey:
"So, I here you have some interesting news on Magic Party candidate Elsa?"

Mike:
YES! I DO! Now, a big issue for Elsa this political season has been this big question- WHAT is going on with her 33,000 deleted Fastpass+ reservations?! Well, I've been doing some digging with MickeyLeaks, and I think I've found some interesting news on it that could be GAME CHANGING for this whole thing! Ya see,- wait, hold on one second, I'm getting a call...

WHAT DO YOU WANT SULLY?! I'm about to drop this big news on Elsa I found! Didn't the incident with Boo on my date with Celia teach you to stop doing this?!...wait, what...oh, I see. Ok then"

Looks like maybe I don't have anything after all, Mickey, I'm gonna have to talk to you later"
<dead phone call sound>

Mickey:
"Alrighty then...I think that's enough for tonight!"

---

Moderator Mickey:
"Welcome back everyone! Before we know it, the votes will be in for WDW President! But first, we have one more debate! Let's bring in our candidates, Elsa and Lightning McQueen!"

Elsa:
"Hello! Hello!"

Lightning McQueen:
"Hi Mickey Mouse"

Mickey:
"So, we can't ignore this topic...Lightning, we should probably talk about the leaked tape of you in 2004 when Lights Motors Action debuted in then-MGM, saying 'Damn, those are some fine race cars, I'm gonna grab 'em by the exhaust pipe!'"

Lightning McQueen:
"Lights Motors Action is gone now, so whatever I said about that doesn't matter! But why are we talking about me? This is another example of the rigged WDW system by Weak Winnie and Bozo Bob Iger! Of course they won't show the negative stuff about their prized princess! Evil Elsa's 33,000 DELETED FASTPASS+ RESERVATIONS NEED TO BE TALKED ABOUT!"

Elsa:
Listen, there was nothing on my private MyDisneyExpreience server, I just wanted to keep some vacation plans to myself. I just want to talk about the issues, honestly. There's so many great projects going on in WDW to talk about! Like Toy Story Land, Star Wars Land, Pandora. I am fit to take charge of these and make sure they turn out amazing and immersive! The biggest project, if this big, Lightning is fit to control is PizzaRizzo with the Muppets"

Lightning:
"Not a Muppet. Not a Muppet. You're a Muppet"

Mickey:
"ALLLright I'm ending this debate here. I...just don't think I can handle it.

And, Disney fans all over, it's time for y'all to vote. Or not. Who the hell cares, WDW is screwed. Oh, and Come Back Real Soon!"

---

Thanks for reading my weird submission for this project :p And remember, whichever candidate you're against, it's only four years :p

Last edited:

Magic Feather

Olaf For President
image.jpeg

Seeing as how American elections have been a bit... Icy, Disney decided that there was snow better candidate to enter the race, in the newly formed "Snow Party" then everyone's favorite snowman, Olaf, whose slogan shall be "America is Worth Melting For!". Guests can meet Olaf at his campaign Headquarters in each Walt Disney World Park, including the water parks, where he will be available to pose with guests. At Magic Kingdom, his campaign headquarters will take over Heritage House in Liberty Square. In Epcot, it will take over the Odyssey Pavillion. In Hollywood Studios, it will take place in the Old American Idol Casting rooms. Lastly, in Animal Kingdom, a dining room of Restaurantasaurus will be overtaken. In Typhoon Lagoon, and Blizzard Beach, temporary structures will be erected near the children's play areas in each park. At the Magic Kingdom, guests can line up and watch "Olaf Presents: Stars and Stripes– A Patriotic Processional" Where Olaf, along with his campaign manager Sven, will come down Main Street USA accompanied by supporters, and a bald eagle float, seemingly made of ice, urge voters to vote for him. Inside his Epcot headquarters, guests can additionally make signs for Olaf, which will be scanned into a computer, for election day. On election day, a special ceremony will occur at Magic Kingdom on the Cinderella castle stage, which will be live cast (via projection) onto spaceship Earth, and the Great Movie ride, and onto a soecial screen in Dino-Rama, each deemed as viewing parties. George Kalogridis, president of WDW will conduct the ceremony in which he announces that olaf sadly lost the election, meanwhile, the scanned advertisements for Olaf from Epcot begin to cover the castle as the audience begins chanting (with some help from speakers) "We Want Olaf!". Soon, George announces that instead, Olaf will be Honorary Vice President of Walt Disney World, to the rejoices of the crowd.

Magic Feather

@Magic Feather proudly presents...
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Fantasia Canal Boats Stats:
Vehicle: Wooden Boat
Ride System: Guided Boat
Duration: 5:45
Theme: Toccata and Fugue in D Minor, Nutcracker Suite, The Sorcerer's Apprentice, Rite of Spring, Dance of the Hours, The Pastoral Symphony and Night on Bald Mountain

Guests enter this attraction though a small canopy, leading into a massive garden, full of topiaries and fountains of Fantasia characters. Guests then approach an enclosed shed, where load and unload take place. Inside the shed is a multitude of abstract designs from Toccata and Fugue in D Minor, at the beginning of the film. Here, guests board boats shaped exactly like the Storybookland Canal Boats, but without a driver. Guests exit the abstract loading dock, and into a majestic fantasy of fairies and twirling mushrooms from the Nutcracker Suite. Your boat would then round the corner, and enter under a stone arch into a massive vertical structure lacking a ceiling. From all around you, brooms on a staircase pour water into the canal as Mickey controls then from the top, guests then exit the column and enter the main showbuilding, where they are throats into the Rite of Spring. Special lights make the river seem like lave, as a massive T. rex battles a Stegasaurus over head, while other, frightened Dino's watch from afar. Guests soon go under a massive mountain and enter the world of the pastoral symphony. Guests will see pegasuses surrounding them, as we enter and ride through an enchanted forest. If you look up, baby pegasuses fly across the sky. Guests boats then head towards a waterfall, which magically stops to allow guests to pass under it to the outside into a magical garden of centaurs. Your cart approaches a gazebo full of gods rejoicing in celebration. Guest then pass under a rock outcropping and become surrounded by stages as alligators, elephants, hippos, and ostriches swirl and twirl around boats as bubbles and water blow from the elephants trunks. Lastly guests exit the outdoor theater and into a rock outcropping facing the massive façade of Bald Mountain for its own attraction, as fire flares from the surrounding rocks. Meanwhile, and ominous cackle from a distant Chernabog plays, as you turn back into the station.
image.jpeg

A Night on Bald Mountain Stats:
Vehicle: Wooden Cart
Ride System: Spinning Coaster
Duration: 4:25
Theme: Night on Bald Mountain
This new E-Ticket thrill attraction will bring a new experience to guests in Fantasyland. Guests enter at the base in a cave of the massive Bald Mountain Façade. Guests twist and turn through mysterious caves before reaching a grand cavern, where guests board wooden carts, comprised of two carts with two rows each, both forward facing, joined together. The ride begins as guests twist and turn through caves, passing demented farm animals and demons attempting a twisted, convicted dance, before their ritual causes fire to shoot up, as guests launch up into a series of caves, before coming face to face with Chernabog. With an evil cackle and a poof of fire, he lunges towards you, sending you backwards. You wind through dark caves, before halting in a massive room. Above you, on a massive cliff, Chernabog looms above you. He swings for you before a light shines at him, causing him to coil backwards. Guests then soar under him (forward) in a massive escape until guests see the lights, with shadows of robed monks. Then, guests pull into unload, where they exit into Gifts of the Dead. Which is one of two shops in Fantasia Gardens.
image.jpeg

The Sorcerer's Apprentice Stats:
Vehicle: Oversized water buckets pulled by broomsticks
Ride System: Whip Ride
Duration: 1:50
Theme: The Sorcerer's Apprentice

The Sorcerer's Apprentice is a new, one of a kind flat ride with gratly enhanced theming coming to Magic Kingdom's New Fantasyland themed around the classic portion of Fantasia by the same name. Guests enter the attraction through a queue reminiscent of Yen Sid's Workshop, full of spellbooks and potions. In one portion, guests can add serums into a cauldron (through digital magic) and see what cones out. In addition, when guests pass one of his spellbooks, it will create customized greetings based on magicband information. Guests soon enter the preshow room (where they have already been grouped) where a dimly lit wall potrays the silouhettes of things happening in an adjacent corridor. We see mickey take the Sorcerer's hat and make the brooms come to life, he soon walks off as a set of large wooden doors open into a large area with a fog covering the floor. A large mountain, surrounded by a moat is in the center of this chamber, as a large night sky looms overhead. You are surrounded by murals of trees and a second moat with two bridges over it. Suurounding the mountain are a multitude of brromsticks, each with an oversized bucket behind them, enough to fit 2-3 people.
image.jpeg
Guests can sit in a blue colored seat reminiscent of water, before the iconic theme begins playing. In a poof of smoke, sorcerer mickey appears atop the mountain in animatronic form, as he begins swinging his hands around like a conductor. Your brooms begin moving in a unique patter around the mountain, as you buckets whip you from side to side. Meanwhile, light, fog, and water effects surround guests as large waves crash up on the mountain, while water jumps over guests heads. Streaming stars and light swirls are projected atop the canopy, while whirlpools are projected in the center of the turntables. Eventually, the madess stops as Yen Sid rises out of the mountain behind Mickey. They both sink back into the mountain in a puff of smoke as the ride slows to a stop. Guests can then exit out of a passageway.

Guests have two dining options in Fantasia Gardens, both in the same building. On the lower level is the nutcracker suite cafe where guests can sit under a magical glowing tree canopy, while enjoying variations of Mac and Cheese. Upstairs is Feast of the Mushrooms where magical mushrooms surround diners for a gourmet feast of Greek and French favorites.

A restroom complex is located in the north of this land.

D Minor Gifts is the main shop full of abstract design.

Fantasia Gardens Mini Golf will be renamed Fantasia Fairways.

Last edited:

TheOriginalTiki

Buzz Lightyear for President
It's Time to Take
America To Infinity...And Beyond!

to-infinity-and-beyond.jpg

Buzz Lightyear is a space-man that America can get behind. The man himself is the leader of Star Command, an intergalactic peace-keeping federation which proves Buzz has not just excellent foreign policies, but can push America to be the nation of the world that has diplomatic, prosperous, and long-term relations with a whole Galaxy's worth of different alien species. Buzz Lightyear is the ultimate candidate for diversity growth in America as well as branching off into worlds yet unseen by the common man.

maxresdefault.jpg

What also makes Buzz an appealing candidate is the fact that he's managed an empire based on his likeness through action figures, video games, and Saturday morning cartoons. While Buzz isn't saving the world with his Star Command crew, he's the public face and head hauncho producing all the Buzz Lightyear merchandise that is so popular in the Toy Story movies. This means that Buzz is also the ultimate candidate when it comes to getting our nation-wide debt back on track and making America a prosperous job market yet again. A vote for Buzz is a vote for progress. A vote for Buzz is a vote for hope. Let's take America to Infinity...And Beyond!

spacemt354

Chili's
The Emperor's New Groove
kuzco-dance-emperors-new-groove-e1442601430965.png

5a874fb7f45d402a9ea59853397063c7.jpg

The final addition to the New Fantasyland expansion of the Magic Kingdom will be none other than The Emperor's New Groove. The somewhat "cult" classic Disney animated feature that was one of the funniest Disney movies to ever be put out. This property features a ton to explore within the park - so let's explore!

Main E-Ticket - Wrong Lever
kronk-and-yzma1.jpg

74507ad50e01dc155cd089374fa55093.jpg

Why do we even have that lever?

After Yzma and Kronk learn of Kuzcotopia and his new reign, they plain to poison him

Wait, poison me?!
original.jpg

However in order to get to their "secret" lair, they have to go through a series of protocols and measures, which takes the guests on a zany roller coaster trip down to their lair. Once in the lair you, you go through a dark ride attraction of the film - mixed similarly in style to how Frozen Ever After takes from storylines but doesn't retell the tale.
tumblr_inline_n43yugjRyD1snt29q.gif

Kronk gets the potion and poisons Kuzco, leading to him turning into a llama.
73f811d807461a5d7103efca6a65e048.jpg

Pacha arrives and saves Kuzco, however now they are trapped in Yzma's lair. She starts tossing random potions into the air, having them crash on the floor and turn people into different animals
tumblr_mpqlayV0Z21rxui9eo1_500.gif

Trying to look for another cocktail of death that she has cooked up...however she accidentally turns herself into a cat, and the attraction goes outside of the castle
tumblr_lg2lde9mQM1qfng98o1_500.png

You fall down 20 feet only to bounce off the trampoline, grab the potion, and Kuzco is turned back to normal...and is a new, selfless ruler.

The E-ticket will be where "Be Our Guest" restaurant is today.

Storytime with Kronk
anigif_enhanced-30726-1411591635-8_preview.gif

Sit down for this 15 minute show for kids where Kronk teaches them about the outdoors and wilderness training techniques. Also how to make spinach puffs.

Kuzcotopia - Quick Service Dining
Emperor_4b126a_1354075.jpg

At Kuzcotopia, Kuzco hired Kronk to be the chef with his famous Spinach Puffs - you can eat lunch and dinner at this location. It even celebrates birthdays!
4eb6777408f5a54706c7c41f09feedf3.jpg

Overall, The Emperor's New Groove, is in my opinion, one of the most underrated Disney animated movies and has enough content to warrant its own land in the Magic Kingdom.
55969edfc3f4eb67db3aeb262c96e104.jpg

DinoInstitute

Challenge 7 - Ever After!
IDI Presents:
Wonderland- A New Fantasyland Subland

New Fantasyland is well known as the Magic Kingdom's grandest expansion ever, with incredibly themed areas, attractions, and food and march options. However, most fans feel the end result was a bit lackluster; it could have been so much more. Well, luckily for you, things are about to completely change. The well known Beauty and the Beast area is about to be replaced in the plans many years ago with a brand new sub-area concept. Of course, this loss won't feel too bad in this timeline as BatB has a greater presence in other areas of Fantasyland with a dark ride and tea cup spinner. Because it's this area being replaced, the alternative has to be just as if not even more amazing. With the fact in mind that now Alice in Wonderland has no representation in FL, plus that its theme is so fantasically magical, the choice is clear! Coming soon the FL...

Wonderland!

Last edited:

TheOriginalTiki

TheOriginalTiki Presents
Agrabah: The Latest Expansion to WDW's Fantasyland

latest

Honestly even in the realms of armchair Imagineering, Aladdin remains a film that's surprisingly under-rated when it comes to the notion of adapting it into a theme park. It really does have it all...It's got a dynamic location unlike the typical European forests of most Disney fairy tales, it's got all kinds of magic powers and shape-shifting, and perhaps most importantly, it's got BY FAR the most roller coaster like scene in the history of Disney animation. Not to mention the film is a definitive classic of the 1990's, arguably eclipsed only by Beauty and the Beast in terms of sheer popularity and critical acclaim.

And that's why it's an easy choice for me to do Agrabah as the Fantasyland expansion. This new sub-area of Fantasyland will include a Pirates style boat ride called "Three Wishes" which takes you through the story of Aladdin, as well as the inevitable "Escape From the Cave of Wonders" E-Ticket which faithfully recreates the iconic sequence. Along with that there will be an authentic marketplace complete with plenty of movie Easter eggs.

Escape from the Cave of Wonders

As you enter the land, the first thing you see is the head of the cave of wonders which acts as a secondary weenie to the area (the main weenie being the palace which is located on a slight incline to rise above the marketplace). The tagline of this ride is "Become the Diamond in the Rough". Of course being the diamond in the rough grants us access to the cave of wonders and that is where the queue begins.

latest

After winding through the desert, we go down the mouth of the lion head entrance and begin our descent into the cave. There are two main rooms of the queue, the caverns and the treasure room. We wind through various caverns with multiple waterfalls, similar to the caverns in Pirates of the Caribbean minus the skeletons. The boarding area is the sprawling treasure room. Yes, this is an intentional little nod to Pirates in terms of the flow of the queue.

59070_1274065825216_full.jpg

We see Abu touching the diamond in the queue which leads to us needing to get evacuated on a fleet of flying carpets. The carpet ride vehicles hang from an overhead track much like Peter Pan's Flight, but are also capable of fast speeds and banked turns. The carpets will be able to fit 12 people each (three rows of four seats) Each carpet is individually designed in the same style of the famous carpet from the film, but there will only be one replica of the film carpet which will be a special vehicle to get on a trip (much like the "Golden" vehicles during the Disneyland 50th...)

The ride itself utilizes a combination of screens with tactical fire effects. Most of the ride takes place within a large "arena" (think Space Mountain) where you are flying around and avoiding cave walls placed throughout the room as well as projected waves of lava crash on giant screens. The speed mixed with the practical walls and fire will give the more elaborate "lava wave" projected effects an air of practicality to them.

07.png

The ride ends in a climatic rockslide as we get caught off from the rest of the "Arena" and enter a final helix to gain some speed before entering the brake run and unload area, which is meant to look just live the cavern Abu and Aladdin ended up in right before Genie made his grand entrance in the movie. Upon exiting our carpet we find a "secret passageway" which leads to a small oasis within the desert outskirts of Agrabah, around the corner from the main lion head entrance.

dl312068.jpg

It's also worth noting that this attraction emulates the early Fantasyland dark ride formula where it's meant to place all the guests within the role of Aladdin. This is mostly to get past logic flaws such as how guests are able to enter the cave in the first place..Which I totally realize is a HUGE plot-hole with this whole thing. :p

Three Wishes
57afb4c63669fdcbf772c066a1470681.jpg

Three Wishes will be a more simple D Ticket boat ride that utilizes the Maelstrom backwards flume effect for a climatic sequence. We The queue winds its way around the palace of Agrabah where Jasmine and Raja's hideaway serves as our boarding area. There we find a natural stream, a perfect transitioning point for the vehicles.

280px-RajaAladdin.JPG

The ride tells the tale of Aladdin through the three wishes. After a brief intro to Aladdin in a recreation to the scene where he brings Jasmine to his home and they admire the view, we dive right into the story starting with getting trapped within the Cave of Wonders and finding the magic lamp.

We float through our first major set piece, Friend Like Me. This is an elaborate double staircase with the flume going through the middle. Eight AA Genies serenade us and set up the "Three Wishes" rule as we exit the cave to the sound of a thunderous applause. It seems Aladdin has made his first wish.

In the Prince Ali scene our flume floats along the rooftops of two story buildings as we get a birds eye view of the parade below. We are eye to eye with Elephant Abu and Aladdin decked out in his prince attire. At this point I should mention that this ride definitely makes up for the Cave of Wonders ride not actually having the presence of Aladdin.

We hit a 30 foot drop into what looks to be an under-water setting where we see Aladdin tied up and forced to use his second wish to have the Genie free him and save his life. After climbing a lift hill we find ourselves outside the palace where there's an AA of Iago disguised as a parrot eavesdropping on Aladdin and Genie having a conflict about not using the third wish to set Genie free. When their backs are turned Iago grabs the lamp, and we round the corner into the palace to see Jafar, Sultan, and Jasmine.

In an elaborate projection effect, Jafar with lamp in hand wishes to become Sultan of Agrabah and we see him decked out in white robes while Sultan and Jasmine transform into the "street" versions of themselves.

After a brief hallway where we see the Genie sarcastically cheering on Jafar dressed as a cheerleader, we see an advanced AA of Sultan Jafar as he wishes to become a sorcerer. With this wish he casts us out of Agrabah using the Maelstrom backwards flume effect. After flying backwards away from the Jafar AA we hit a backwards drop outside the building of about 20 feet, then go through a roundabout to get forward traction again as we enter the final scenes.

In a brief tunnel we hear Jafar wishing to become an all powerful genie before entering the climatic showbuilding where Aladdin faces off against a 25 foot tall Genie Jafar AA. You know how the story goes...Aladdin wields Jafar's black lamp and casts him inside. Phenomenal cosmic powers...Itty bitty little living space. ;) :p

Aladdin-disneyscreencaps_com-9520.jpg

In the final room we see Aladdin setting Genie free. As he looses his wrist bands he transforms into the tourist version of himself before our eyes. "I'm going to Disney World..Oh wait, I'm already here!" Similar to characters such as Roz in DCA's Monsters Inc. ride and Mr. Potato Head in Toy Story Mania, this Genie actually talks with the guests and gives them a final greeting.

latest

The Marketplace

This is a small but thriving recreation of the Argrabah market place complete with costumed guards and cut-throat merchants. Go ahead and buy a fresh apple from that cart over there...Just don't even THINK about stealing it. ;)

scannedcard023.jpg

All four of the other merchants as seen in the film are also a presence, including...

-The Piscachio Salesman
-The Pottery Tent
-The Necklace and Bead Tent
-Catch of the day "Fresh Fish! We Catch Em' You Buy Em'!"

In the center of the marketplace is the relocated Magic Carpets of Aladdin, a proper kids ride to offset the two bigger adventures available in the land. And thus concludes your tour of Agrabah. This is a mix of thrill, storytelling, classic Disney dark ride storytelling, with just a dash of culture thrown in for good measure. It's a modern classic Disney environment come to life in the way only Imagineering can achieve!

Suchomimus

TheOriginalTiki Presents
Agrabah: The Latest Expansion to WDW's Fantasyland

latest

Honestly even in the realms of armchair Imagineering, Aladdin remains a film that's surprisingly under-rated when it comes to the notion of adapting it into a theme park. It really does have it all...It's got a dynamic location unlike the typical European forests of most Disney fairy tales, it's got all kinds of magic powers and shape-shifting, and perhaps most importantly, it's got BY FAR the most roller coaster like scene in the history of Disney animation. Not to mention the film is a definitive classic of the 1990's, arguably eclipsed only by Beauty and the Beast in terms of sheer popularity and critical acclaim.

And that's why it's an easy choice for me to do Agrabah as the Fantasyland expansion. This new sub-area of Fantasyland will include a Pirates style boat ride called "Three Wishes" which takes you through the story of Aladdin, as well as the inevitable "Escape From the Cave of Wonders" E-Ticket which faithfully recreates the iconic sequence. Along with that there will be an authentic marketplace complete with plenty of movie Easter eggs.

Escape from the Cave of Wonders

As you enter the land, the first thing you see is the head of the cave of wonders which acts as a secondary weenie to the area (the main weenie being the palace which is located on a slight incline to rise above the marketplace). The tagline of this ride is "Become the Diamond in the Rough". Of course being the diamond in the rough grants us access to the cave of wonders and that is where the queue begins.

latest

After winding through the desert, we go down the mouth of the lion head entrance and begin our descent into the cave. There are two main rooms of the queue, the caverns and the treasure room. We wind through various caverns with multiple waterfalls, similar to the caverns in Pirates of the Caribbean minus the skeletons. The boarding area is the sprawling treasure room. Yes, this is an intentional little nod to Pirates in terms of the flow of the queue.

59070_1274065825216_full.jpg

We see Abu touching the diamond in the queue which leads to us needing to get evacuated on a fleet of flying carpets. The carpet ride vehicles hang from an overhead track much like Peter Pan's Flight, but are also capable of fast speeds and banked turns. The carpets will be able to fit 12 people each (three rows of four seats) Each carpet is individually designed in the same style of the famous carpet from the film, but there will only be one replica of the film carpet which will be a special vehicle to get on a trip (much like the "Golden" vehicles during the Disneyland 50th...)

The ride itself utilizes a combination of screens with tactical fire effects. Most of the ride takes place within a large "arena" (think Space Mountain) where you are flying around and avoiding cave walls placed throughout the room as well as projected waves of lava crash on giant screens. The speed mixed with the practical walls and fire will give the more elaborate "lava wave" projected effects an air of practicality to them.

07.png

The ride ends in a climatic rockslide as we get caught off from the rest of the "Arena" and enter a final helix to gain some speed before entering the brake run and unload area, which is meant to look just live the cavern Abu and Aladdin ended up in right before Genie made his grand entrance in the movie. Upon exiting our carpet we find a "secret passageway" which leads to a small oasis within the desert outskirts of Agrabah, around the corner from the main lion head entrance.

dl312068.jpg

It's also worth noting that this attraction emulates the early Fantasyland dark ride formula where it's meant to place all the guests within the role of Aladdin. This is mostly to get past logic flaws such as how guests are able to enter the cave in the first place..Which I totally realize is a HUGE plot-hole with this whole thing. :p

Three Wishes
57afb4c63669fdcbf772c066a1470681.jpg

Three Wishes will be a more simple D Ticket boat ride that utilizes the Maelstrom backwards flume effect for a climatic sequence. We The queue winds its way around the palace of Agrabah where Jasmine and Raja's hideaway serves as our boarding area. There we find a natural stream, a perfect transitioning point for the vehicles.

280px-RajaAladdin.JPG

The ride tells the tale of Aladdin through the three wishes. After a brief intro to Aladdin in a recreation to the scene where he brings Jasmine to his home and they admire the view, we dive right into the story starting with getting trapped within the Cave of Wonders and finding the magic lamp.

We float through our first major set piece, Friend Like Me. This is an elaborate double staircase with the flume going through the middle. Eight AA Genies serenade us and set up the "Three Wishes" rule as we exit the cave to the sound of a thunderous applause. It seems Aladdin has made his first wish.

In the Prince Ali scene our flume floats along the rooftops of two story buildings as we get a birds eye view of the parade below. We are eye to eye with Elephant Abu and Aladdin decked out in his prince attire. At this point I should mention that this ride definitely makes up for the Cave of Wonders ride not actually having the presence of Aladdin.

We hit a 30 foot drop into what looks to be an under-water setting where we see Aladdin tied up and forced to use his second wish to have the Genie free him and save his life. After climbing a lift hill we find ourselves outside the palace where there's an AA of Iago disguised as a parrot eavesdropping on Aladdin and Genie having a conflict about not using the third wish to set Genie free. When their backs are turned Iago grabs the lamp, and we round the corner into the palace to see Jafar, Sultan, and Jasmine.

In an elaborate projection effect, Jafar with lamp in hand wishes to become Sultan of Agrabah and we see him decked out in white robes while Sultan and Jasmine transform into the "street" versions of themselves.

After a brief hallway where we see the Genie sarcastically cheering on Jafar dressed as a cheerleader, we see an advanced AA of Sultan Jafar as he wishes to become a sorcerer. With this wish he casts us out of Agrabah using the Maelstrom backwards flume effect. After flying backwards away from the Jafar AA we hit a backwards drop outside the building of about 20 feet, then go through a roundabout to get forward traction again as we enter the final scenes.

In a brief tunnel we hear Jafar wishing to become an all powerful genie before entering the climatic showbuilding where Aladdin faces off against a 25 foot tall Genie Jafar AA. You know how the story goes...Aladdin wields Jafar's black lamp and casts him inside. Phenomenal cosmic powers...Itty bitty little living space. ;) :p

Aladdin-disneyscreencaps_com-9520.jpg

In the final room we see Aladdin setting Genie free. As he looses his wrist bands he transforms into the tourist version of himself before our eyes. "I'm going to Disney World..Oh wait, I'm already here!" Similar to characters such as Roz in DCA's Monsters Inc. ride and Mr. Potato Head in Toy Story Mania, this Genie actually talks with the guests and gives them a final greeting.

latest

The Marketplace

This is a small but thriving recreation of the Argrabah market place complete with costumed guards and cut-throat merchants. Go ahead and buy a fresh apple from that cart over there...Just don't even THINK about stealing it. ;)

scannedcard023.jpg

All four of the other merchants as seen in the film are also a presence, including...

-The Piscachio Salesman
-The Pottery Tent
-The Necklace and Bead Tent
-Catch of the day "Fresh Fish! We Catch Em' You Buy Em'!"

In the center of the marketplace is the relocated Magic Carpets of Aladdin, a proper kids ride to offset the two bigger adventures available in the land. And thus concludes your tour of Agrabah. This is a mix of thrill, storytelling, classic Disney dark ride storytelling, with just a dash of culture thrown in for good measure. It's a modern classic Disney environment come to life in the way only Imagineering can achieve!

Aladdin in Fantasyland was done in the first challenge, remember?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom