A Twist In Time

tcool123

Original Poster
Challenge 5 - Be Our Guest!
Reviews

The Cuddly Lamb and Jolly Holiday Creamery by Magic Father
I really like the sign for The Cuddly Lamb, reminds me a bit of Blair similar to @MonorailRed 's art. However given how far the actual Tangled area is to the Tangled restaurant I'm not completely sold on it. The entrees were an overall good fit, and the one dessert option sounds yummy. I also think the drinks sound like a great idea, but I'm not sure if many people would enjoy a Pumpkin Apple Cider drink. The only real negative for this restaurant is that in this timeline Gaston's Tavern does exist. I wish you would've made a unique sign for the Jolly Holiday as it would've added another little nice thing. The menu for this location should've been formatted in a similar way where each sentence was followed by a picture. The actual content of the menu is nice, and I can see the special sundaes being a huge hit at the parties. Overall i found the menus to be unique, and it could easily become a favorite for guests.

Remy's Streetside Cafe and Bakery Minnie by kmbmw777
I think this location is really bad. Ratatouille takes place in modern day France, and not medieval France which would fit. It's not to say it's a bad concept, but it just doesn't fit in the location. There's not much to say about your menu; there's a good balance, but I wish you were more descriptive than just images as that doesn't help me much. I also don't think that not offering a desert option even if it's just apple slices with caramel is a mistake. Onto the other restaurant. The way the restaurants were built was so they would literally be a kitchen and a an ordering window. There really isn't room for any indoor seating. I'm not really sure how I feel about the pastries you have listed seem kind of generic. With the limited space you have at the restaurant I feel a better approach where to to sell cupcakes, cookies, and brownies, and use those for sundaes. Instead there's a wide variety for a space that is relatively small, and it would also require multiple machines to actually run which there isn't much room in the building's footprint especially if you factor in the indoor seating you plan for. The deserts seem kind of basic, except for the crepe. There really isn't something that the Bakery can call it's own unique product where you won't find anywhere else. Lastly, just like the Ratatouille theme I'm filing to see how a modern bakery/cafe fits into Fantasyland. Don't get me wrong these are both good concepts, but are just in the wrong land. Off the top of my head I could see this be right at home in Toontown or Mickey Avenue.

Once Upon a Cream and Wind in the Willows by spacemt354
It's amazing how similar the cottage and Cream look a like, definitely something the executives would like. I also think that your menu is well themed and created well, but similar to my complaint with kmbmw777 would there really be enough space to be able to prep sundaes, bake cookies, create cheesecakes, and the parfait, along with the extreme milkshake? I feel like this could meet similar issues as those in kmb's concept. Too many items, and not enough space. With that said I can see this location be extremely popular, but I do wish you cut out the variety of different types of desserts, and focus on the category. Like maybe a milkshake/sundae place? I don't have much to say about the Wind in the Willows other than the odd sounding name it just fits into the landscape of eateries at Disney.

Toad Hall and Mad Hatter's by TheOriginalTiki
Right off the bat I do not think it is at all feasible for either location to exist in the current footprint of either of the restaurants. I have some issues with the Lunch menu, other than lines of text that I have no idea what it means, the menu isn't really descripitve, and for a table service there's not a single Vegan/Vegetarian option except for the chips. The dinner menu had me gag a bit at the thought of someone ordering bone marrow, it just seems a bit to adventurous for the Magic Kingdom. Once again this section doesn't provide an option for Vegan/Vegetarian. Toad's in general sounds like a fine dining, that is better suited outside of the park. Hatter's sounds like a really fun experience, and I would love to see it exists. However you didn't really provide a menu so this was more a dinner show sans the dinner.

Fairy Good Treats and Once Upon a Dine by AdventurerEllie
I think everythign up till the parfait is a good fit, the other choices such as the rice krispy treat, the pretzel, cotton candy, and popcorn don't really feel unique as all four of those types of are readily available throughout the park. And I'm sure you can already guess what I'm going to say about the Once Upon a Dine menu it's too big and the size of the kitchen won't be able to handle it. Other than that I don't have another criticism, but I do like how you went into detail for every option.

Bowls by the Bayou and by Russel and Carl's South American Sweets! IDInstitute
Keeping the same menu with a swap out for Bowls seems kind of lazy. In fact other than the one swap out the menu is downright the same. However it does make it realistic so I'll give you that. Russel and Carl's doesn't fit the theme of Fantasyland, and the new exteriors among the traditional castle exteriors will likely stick out like a sore thumb especially Carl's house. However this menu sounds like a lot of fun, and very realistic.

Just to let you all know all the concepts were good, the negatives where either location or the size of the restaurant not being able to actually hold what was said.

Special Challenge - Trick or Treat?
Reviews

The House of Kermit by kmbmw777
Elsa Mars is a great singer! (Assuming that's who Elsa Ms. Piggy is, but I just realized it's more likely Elsa of Arrendelle :oops:). Overall this sounds like a fun addition to draw in the crowds

Trick Out Blackout by AdventurerEllie

Automatic boo, for predicting ToT would close here too. Overall this is a great spooky addition.

David Pumpkins Projects by spacemt354 and Magic Feather
YOUR ALL FOOLS ITS DAVID S PUMPKINS! Woo had to get that off my chest :p They are both fun additions, that will never happen because everyone knows David S Pumpkins is held exclusively to the 100 Floors of Fright attraction.

Last edited:

tcool123

Original Poster
Results

The Winnings
7. MonorailRed - 0
6. TheOriginalTiki - 1
5. AdventurerEllie- 2 + 1
4. IDInstitute - 3
3. kmbmw777 - 4
2. spacemt354 - 5
1. Magic Feather - 6

Total Points
7. MonorailRed - 14
6. IDInstitute - 15
5. AdventurerEllie - 16
4. TheOriginalTiki - 17
3. kmbmw777 - 18.5
2. Magic Feather - 32
1. spacemt354 - 33.5

@MonorailRed it is with a heavy heart that I bid you adieu. :( I would say to stay active in the forums, but you literally posted a collage like an hour ago so I don't think your going anywhere (hopefully) :rolleyes::p

You next challenge will be announce November...1st! Have a safe Halloween everyone!

One last announcment, while it may seem impossible to get to the top two, just aim for third. As the points are just dictating who gets eliminated. The finale will have three players, and it will be a winner takes all setup. So yeah it's still anyone's game! :D

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
One last announcment, while it may seem impossible to get to the top two, just aim for third. As the points are just dictating who gets eliminated. The finale will have three players, and it will be a winner takes all setup. So yeah it's still anyone's game! :D
In a way though, doesn't this take away the motivation from Magic Feather and myself to shoot for our best the next few rounds if we are just going to be evened out in the final round anyway with the 3rd place finisher?

How is that going to work? :):bookworm:

tcool123

Original Poster
In a way though, doesn't this take away the motivation from Magic Feather and myself to shoot for our best the next few rounds if we are just going to be evened out in the final round anyway with the 3rd place finisher?

How is that going to work? :):bookworm:
I can't reveal all my cards, can I? ;)
Let's just say it would be in your best interest to try to stay in 1st place.

tcool123

Original Poster
I've been wondering about this since @spacemt354 used it for his project; is David S Pumpkins part of a Disney IP or an IP that Disney is allowed to put in their resorts and parks?
He's his own thang!
He debuted on SNL, thus being an SNL character which is an NBC IP which is owned by Universal which is owned by Comcast. There's 0% chance of him ever being in a Disney park, but at the end of the day it didn't matter because the only people who did the bonus challenge on David Pumpkins got the top two slots. Plus they were just for fun :D

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
Results

The Winnings
7. MonorailRed - 0
6. TheOriginalTiki - 1
5. AdventurerEllie- 2
4. IDInstitute - 3
3. kmbmw777 - 4
2. spacemt354 - 5
1. Magic Feather - 6

Total Points
7. MonorailRed - 14
5T. IDInstitute - 15
5T. AdventurerEllie - 15
4. TheOriginalTiki - 17
3. kmbmw777 - 18.5
2. Magic Feather - 32
1. spacemt354 - 33.5

@MonorailRed it is with a heavy heart that I bid you adieu. :( I would say to stay active in the forums, but you literally posted a collage like an hour ago so I don't think your going anywhere (hopefully) :rolleyes::p

You next challenge will be announce November...1st! Have a safe Halloween everyone!

Actually (it's funny - I feel like I'm in deja vu with The Choice, because this same scenario happened last year) but could we have the challenge now with the same due date instead of waiting till November 1st? That way we have a weekend to do it?

Please? :p

tcool123

Original Poster
Actually (it's funny - I feel like I'm in deja vu with The Choice, because this same scenario happened last year) but could we have the challenge now with the same due date instead of waiting till November 1st? That way we have a weekend to do it?

Please? :p
The one competition I missed out on, and it factors greatly into this competition (i'm not sure how I wanted to word this :hilarious:). Yeah sure while not, I'll give you all a head start.

tcool123

Original Poster
Challenge 6 - Hey a Movie!
A Double Blitz Challenge

(A Double Blitz is Double Elimination)

lcoie3841.jpg

Welcome all to the year 2005, this year we celebrate Disneyland's 50th Anniversary with the Happiest Homecoming on Earth celebration! However Disneyland, doesn't get all the festivities, no thanks to Eisner's beautiful innovative mind we're able to proudly welcome new additions to each of the parks. Here at Disney's Hollywood Studios we are proud to open _________ which is a part of the land known as Streets of America.

The challenge is to fill in that blank with your very own creations! It must feature at the very least two attractions, and you may only clone one existing ride. Anything from 2004 and prior is fair game. It will continue to be a part of Streets of America when it opens in 2005. You may use any IP Disney owns or has access to at the time, and if you wish to use an IP that does not meet one of those criteria you may ask me either via PM or here. You may only use the area that has been allocated fr this expansion.

Limit.png

You may use as many sentences as needed, and as many images as needed. The project is due on Friday, 11/4 at 11:59 PM EST.

Any questions, if so feel free to ask! I may not get to any asked tomorrow from 5:30 PM - 11 PM.​

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
Challenge 6 - Hey a Movie!
A Double Elimination Challenge

lcoie3841.jpg

Welcome all to the year 2005, this year we celebrate Disneyland's 50th Anniversary with the Happiest Homecoming on Earth celebration! However Disneyland, doesn't get all the festivities, no thanks to Eisner's beautiful innovative mind we're able to proudly welcome new additions to each of the parks. Here at Disney's Hollywood Studios we are proud to open _________ which is a part of the land known as Streets of America.

The challenge is to fill in that blank with your very own creations! It must feature at the very least two attractions, and you may only clone one existing ride. Anything from 2004 and prior is fair game. It will continue to be a part of Streets of America when it opens in 2005. You may use any IP Disney owns or has access to at the time, and if you wish to use an IP that does not meet one of those criteria you may ask me either via PM or here. You may only use the area that has been allocated fr this expansion.

View attachment 172060

You may use as many sentences as needed, and as many images as needed. The project is due on Friday, 11/7 at 11:59 PM EST.

Any questions, if so feel free to ask! I may not get to any asked tomorrow from 5:30 PM - 11 PM.​
This question is quick:p

Do you mean Friday November 4th? (P.S. I only know that date because Dr. Strange comes out that day:D)

tcool123

Original Poster
This question is quick:p
And hopefully not as confusing as the last challenge, because after I read my backstory for NFL I just got myself confused. So hopefully this prompt proves to be a bit more simple.

Do you mean Friday November 4th? (P.S. I only know that date because Dr. Strange comes out that day:D)
What do you mean, I always had the correct date :angelic:

The type of the challenge was also always a Double Blitz challenge ;)

tcool123

Original Poster
Special Challenge - You can Can Can!

can-can.gif

Yes this challenge is about trash cans, how did you guess? So in this challenge you guys are tasked with creating a trash can for any Disney park, and in any time period. You may use up to five sentences and one picture. The challenge is due Monday, 10/31 at 11:59 PM.

For this special challenge we are overhauling the system so that everyone gets points! This will be decided by your overall total points after the main challenge points are calculated. For example Johnny has 1 point, he wins this challenge so he gains another one. His total is now two, but since he is in last place he gets an additional 1000 points, and wins.

The bottom two for total will receive a bonus of 2 points, the middle two will receive a point, and spacemt/Magic Feather if they do it will receive 0.5 points.

Now go off imagineers, and bring forth to me the best trashcan concept there is!

spacemt354

Chili's
Special Challenge

Ted the Trash-Talking Trash Can
b680b8f2fd7f6c9284707d915f114949824d5edc8818fd299595985dd01142f6.jpg

We know of Push in Tomorrowland, however after his retirement, the imagineers looked to have a little more fun with the guests in Tomorrowland and designed Ted - a trash-talking trash can with a Boston accent.

"That throw was gahbage"
"Sorry, next can, can-not take any more of your gahbage"
among his other quotes.

Sure to throw some guests off of their rhythm, this type of unexpected humor will create a memory and excite unsuspecting guests for years to come.

DinoInstitute

A Twist In Time Special Challenge
You Can Can Can!

For this challenge I'm designing a trash can... In the future! (Or past I guess. This project is built at different time periods :p). This trash can is for Toy Story Land. It is designed to match the colorful, playful, and exciting aesthetic of the land, and fits in well, with the idea being that it is built out of Legos.
IMG_5745.JPG

(Sorry he looks kind of fat in the middle :p)​

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom