A Twist In Time : The Discussion Thread

AdventurerEllie

Nothing says data entry like coffee in my Epcot mug :) Who else is missing Disney at this moment?

mSkWl5qARKo-Hn-3vdqZQYYajmzWO8SuC7IokMRpsCYnaoVMYSwqwWadvEi2Q_tMlVsztJ5TTe4iz1ykHk9dX1l7syLhZdIO6c0OJA82ruHPFx1xB60WvL9V6uSbNtZZNz3gxn7AiSoTojb9h6Z_dI1X6mDSh-Z9PGefNKGLu_Rq5o25DpM0xJgmuKzMCSVS4qiBYX4Or6ODxwiDuvn7wOc6qe-EUCrWPqRve_g8in3ld1nLINJEa7ActU8QVV0vE-FJm2aZCDoAH6Cz-KuLwNQSI9qWRjYsKaxJ045kDmM2OSnStWWpo9VJ2YXL_p7WyBwqh_2asW35Uic0EG3z8nNeW3hPQmtJ9vT4mgyFAqv_aXTcFCmnc1yr_FJ1OApGgwKghuoK2SlYsD67ja7XSYpRcuRuYtiwMWpcRLlMnL9vlGZxFLIMtkgZffIPxvWu0IPJLphsb9clppHVYn6oMPdARra1CIi5mCvE6L_39zvfMWQqaJJO-QbTyb6m4vPYkZLfMnNsm8k2qNS5R2r_aaGk1U1SRywDK2jbsmqwQHyTDFpqIBpFklOIV3TLnxXE-CnlTramYpsH4IR6Zm_bEIbl3RFO5ZWj3mqqjwp28QYQysplHQ=w511-h907-no

DinoInstitute

Where's a Whole New World, that's like the song from Aladdin, and its absent :cyclops:
Fun fact, I was actually originally planning to have Whole New World as that main musical scene instead of Friend Like Me. Actually, right up until I was actually writing it did I change it. I was watching the movie at the same time as I wrote it, and FLM seemed like it would lead to such a more interesting and exciting scene. Also I realized that without it there would have essentially been no Genie, which would even been even more disappointing IMO :eek:

Plus, A whole new world has a scene in Philharmagic so I figured no big loss :D

AdventurerEllie

The Good:
- Its an original concept

The Bad:
- It seems to take place in modern day Winnie the Pooh, and not the original version of Pooh. This was mostly highlighted by the queue which sounds like the interactive queues that have been introduced with New Fantaslyand. I also believe that Fantasyland back then was all one entity no one part had a singular name to it. So I don't Toad at the time was part of the Enchanted Woods
- The it was all a dream cliche

The Conclusion:
- Eisner feels this belongs in Animal Kingdom with all the mythological creatures like pixies and unicorns. However the fairytales embedded into the ride do ground it in Fantasyland.

In my defense, Longwood Gardens did have this interactive garden open in the mid-1990s. The technology did exist, just not in Disney. There's a first for everything!

Also, fantasy and mythology go hand-in-hand. If you noticed, these tales do derive from medieval ages and the renaissance era, especially since they fit into the storybook concept. It's also about bringing stories alive and making adults become a child again. Not to mention that this idea was created upon originality instead of using a movie. Just using Walt's thoughts to inspire me as outlined in his quote :)

Also, if this ride was saved for AK in Beastly Kingdom, it would have never been built.

tcool123

Original Poster
In my defense, Longwood Gardens did have this interactive garden open in the mid-1990s. The technology did exist, just not in Disney. There's a first for everything!
It wasn't that, its just that I don't see Disney at that time using the money for an interactive queue. Mostly because there was a different mentality between now and then. However I do agree there is a first for everything :D

Also just because there were more bad than good was because I only put the things that stuck out. Don't get me wrong as your ride was top notch, and the pixie effects sound pretty cool.

Fun fact, I was actually originally planning to have Whole New World as that main musical scene instead of Friend Like Me. Actually, right up until I was actually writing it did I change it. I was watching the movie at the same time as I wrote it, and FLM seemed like it would lead to such a more interesting and exciting scene. Also I realized that without it there would have essentially been no Genie, which would even been even more disappointing IMO :eek:

Plus, A whole new world has a scene in Philharmagic so I figured no big loss :D
But think of little Susy! :eek::rolleyes::p

When it comes down to that, I understand the reasoning.

Well Phillarmagic may not have existed in this timeline :eek: I know blasphemy, because Phillarmagic is :inlove:.

But hypothetically in 1998 the people working at Magic Kingdom wouldn't have known that

tcool123

Original Poster
@tcool123
Is it to be one party with all of those themes, or four different ones taking place during different times of the upcoming year(s)? And do we have to use all of them?

I only ask the second part because I have zero clue who the descendants are :p
It is to be one party taking place during the summer of 2015. It will be a substitute for Frozen Summer Fun 2015 which exists in our timeline. You can only use one of the four themes.

Trailer for Descendants -

They made the film look so much better than it actually is:hilarious:

tcool123

Original Poster
Howdy, just a question tcool

With this being the second non-elimination round, will there be eliminations in future rounds? Or will it be something like Around the World in 30 Days where you can come and go as you please, but the person with the most amount of points wins the comp?
Well it was going to be a single elimination round but Matt dropped out. Hopefully next round if no one drops out we will see eliminations

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom