A Twist In Time 2 : The Sunshine Expedition - Challenge 6

Disneylover152

You can create a new ride (like Mater's) or an existing one (like how Dumbo is an Aerial Carousel) . Theming it to any Florida park would be the last step.

Would I be able to do a Mater's Junkyard Jamboree style ride in Magic Kingdom even though their would be one in Hollywood Studios?

AceAstro

Twist In Time 2 Challenge 6
Prehistoric Times: Ice Age

This land is themed after what the earth would have looked like during the ice age if some settlers came earlier. The entire area is surrounded by large glacier rocks to hide it from any of the other lands around the park or being able to see outside of the park.

TFLHK9vdhkYktTtxDZunUEgediZKIyEYXMxvAUF2brFtroQvUVwO_AF0setGrZax3yn49NVwubcpJqCAcc6dIgB0BVQU_xfHfx4jCTsvG2-pzZ3AUysfr6An9Rk7phGY1fEVYPVC

Heading towards the lake first, we pass the Northwestern Icehouse. The Northwestern Icehouse is the main shop in this area. It is a large wooden structure with a tunnel for blocks of ice as transport. Inside the shop, merchandise is offered for the park, as well as speciality Ice Age only merchandise.

Yzf4vycTsxT1J0EdgJ5yfA73pb8KymtBdvAnCLFdnGYQS1U-9bfa4jHqt8e7JOjCEb8Hj02CZHarhC6zayW5LMblhx6m_I-t5B7IOjD7NHVsLRARb0ZyBcSqQJgW3VPPQZTN-9p5

From here, we hit the lake in the middle of the park. Here we see animatronic animals on loose ice formations in the lake. Here we see a lonely Sabertooth child looking for his mother. There is a path here leading to the globe in the middle of the lake but we decide to finish checking out this land first. Going towards the back of the land, we come across the main attraction for this land Ice Age: Rush of the Wild. Rush of the Wild is a large log flume ride where you follow members of the movie Ice Age on a water adventure searching for Peaches baby: Ginger. Here we go through ice caverns, a large outdoor spring, and treacherous snowy paths trying to find baby Ginger. Towards the end of the ride, we find Ginger playing in the snow.

z_Xi4UyEhmFnRdBvj1Z43cXXJlpFL-JzhF50TyUzIHJtbvm7J6X8jXpYnwRUj3TqSmDYEqhGye8kOcNypeXRAFAJWu_Eh1jfXec6qhZ3yIyEyvr6Cgs1bBVOIjqC5ZyB3yFRFckt

After exiting the ride we enter into the Ice Age Outpost. Here you can get merchandise saying “You survived the ride” as well as your on-ride picture.

GtvI85m2b_JVW9-FaaAhMlrJfu6ABavxdrUmEPzPV5CldI74T4-gdYkqzpw1CQW_P4I9K-L3k748kSi0mYIrsVDeYiMmY8xUte0l7N9eehOTZCKCL9byVghi-yASVMFxxsmDoJI5

Just a little further past that, we have the Sabertooth Encounter. Using similar technology to the Raptor encounter you find at Universal, take up close and personal photos with one of the most dangerous animals of that time period. This encounter area is available most of the day with many staff members needed to make sure it runs smoothly.

6JQE9RvWjb299QGOLSampt8fI1N9n9D6NR0AheQgozrdJ7RCRzFNt9ulFJzopt4E9U-fpbI_PEn6pqykdH1o85RRqH7PdzTtX6yGoH38ofdiY2WIcBRNuvMkshHdgLBtjWJchnb8

The last stop we make in the land is at The Ice Goddess. The Ice Goddess is the restaurant for the area. Here you can get all your favourite American-based food. After having a nice meal here, we have completed the tour of the land Prehistoric Times: Ice Age.

JPxX1KuuoqiCnzxsGzdVlIHgqY2787PqtT3j_zOrVxe79gFA3_3deHWEyZECRSPfy0EnbPHas6Wxkf_thNl_5QnGDQk5sDCYkSU_y0aHfGOtf8XapPBiWIUJuule33H_uEMN9qO7

Disneylover152

“Be Our Guest Dish Mayhem"
Located in the expansion pad behind Under the Sea- Journey of the Little Mermaid, this new Beauty and the Beast themed attraction is themed to the classic scene “Be Our Guest”. Be Our Guest- Dish Mayhem is a Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree style attraction where you are helping Mrs. Potts gather food for to prepare food to serve in the nearby restaurant, “Be Our Guest Restaurant”. To the right of the entrance of the Be Our Guest Restaurant (still across the bridge), there is a building that says “Kitchen Entrance” and underneath has the classic name of ride, Standby wait time, Fastpass time, etc. You then walk through the Beast’s castle as the queue line to the expansion pad (backstage roadway to be rerouted), where the flat ride will be located. It will be decorated with shelves of food surrounding the ride, so whenever you get whipped around, it seems like you are grabbing food for Mrs. Potts.

tcool123

Original Poster
Contestants the due date is within the 30 minute mark. Reminder a sentence proposal while not preferable is allowed. Additionally there will be no penalty for turning in either project in late a couple hours for those of you ho have not yet posted. This goes the same if you still wish to edit.

Disneylover152

BRAZIL- THE WORLD OF RIO
STORY: At the edge of the Rainforest, is a Brazilian Town. This Brazilian town is in the midst of celebrating Carnival. The town is home to many locals, but it is also a tourist destination. The town has many authentic restaurants and shops. Also in the town, is the Brazilian Animal Research Group, who has many interesting seminars and exhibits to help spread awarenesses of saving the rainforest. There are many Rio references, as the rainforest is home to the characters of Rio.

Brazilian Street (1st Subarea)
This land is themed to a Brazilian street.
xPZSw3BdCXRGbg-C1TpZ3sLo4kKg9t5r_Du_5PEv0DeAypGPnb5c1iMlbYhN7x9Y16YX5mdlOM3zzT_r-_JFE4J-kItblkByal2B1B6KffiSzGrIFRZ_rfdSKlwoVSblbsopGVg_

UC2YCA_Eqwyq5ymVlaNEwTIZM6Qg-XPLpH9pm_huKzeP1yUXuJY8OaYWCc3vSDD_Sm9f3FemI0LsoLwxlahhJzE3oSJC7qhZN5m3x8NwzBn1IkVLSpjE6gGuSqw63Nt7YsD83weW

Attractions & Entertainment
Save the Rainforest
The Brazilian Animal Research Group whose focus is to help save the rainforest and help endangered species of the Amazon, founded by Blue, Jewel, and Linda have set up a theatre on a Brazilian Street. This screen show combined with animatronics teaches their guests about saving the rainforest. An animatronic Blu, Jewel and Linda. This show teaches guests about the rainforest issue where humans keep cutting down trees and killing off animal species to build homes for themselves and how they are selfish. This education show has a lot of humor to it, as Linda makes science jokes that only she thinks is funny and Blu says a comeback that is actually funny. Also, things go wrong, for example the clicker thing for the slideshow breaks, and the screen falls down, etc. This show is perfect for all ages.

Rainforest World
Apart of a science and research center, the Brazilian Animal Research Group creates a simulated rainforest in a building to help study species of the Amazon, as well as help them from predators and the dangers of the rainforests. Throughout the rainforest, there are chainsaws and evidence of humans cutting trees throughout to emphasize the environmental message more. This is your classic zoo exhibit with birds. Throughout the path that goes through the simulated jungle, there are workers from this science group there to answer any questions you have about the animals.

Restaurants & Refreshments
Cook It Steakhouse
An authentic Brazilian steakhouse table service restaurant on the Brazilian street where they cook foods right in front of you.

Brazilian Bowls
A quick service restaurant on the Brazilian street which has Brazil’s famous bowls with meat, rice, etc. There will also be scaled-down dishes from “Cook it Steakhouse”.

Barra Tropical
A full bar home to Brazilian beers and wine. There are also some classic appetizers like nachos and burgers, but they have a Brazilian twist to them.

Gifts & Retail
Shops on the Brazilian Street
A bunch of shops themed to real shops you would find on Brazilian Streets.

Carnival (2nd Subarea)
At the end of the Brazilian Street, their is a park home to Carnival!

Carnival Celebrations
A party (that runs throughout most of the day) is found in this Brazilian park. There are dance parties and parades.

zZae3DEFUqqI5Ow-1GIi99XiGJZs1B2uo_fkbeJLSEir_yJw-3akQjb07CjNLFkV5w3w0ei1-Bmo-_WCVp7yThiYan5QFZ57G8HkaCdukDRMiYzU9xPFhVNFF_jIjuwH4pVz2mNO
cqyYE4DgSXWVCJnBMw0yfzokZP1-hCMEokmroTfU52a-_HZkfwjn6O6qiIXssY7aTErHYESQbo3sfgraY2kJmXaV3BSIJgQoPSYU03XQzgr6xRXPS1RiR5gv4CAMfpTSooNuhUB-

UranMht8kg5oxwpjFJX1tWUZDunew2QsXZClHdU2Q6BhncB6jCCvt45K5cIjZDe_uu9gQm5GpcPWUMI-p8kMEko_bexXG_48NjZgt1y8Snm0WGi35avFyG1muu91fXPQuxJScXzg
g_6bJ5LZqyRWuExMqeaTxpiVsnOeoc5RSxkKR50P7mrKXNCjLeUujqMX9WQCXejYHNA_K19w89Hj0klrz8SxArbGA6wXF_VUThlbXEQkyrMLhJP4WFc2Dt6AjksRowIDhJE6d5G7

Carnival Refreshment Stands
A bunch of street-side vendors are around this park, selling non-alcoholic beverages, waters, sodas and small foods (like fries, chips, etc.).

Gifts & Retail
Carnival Retail Stands
A bunch of street-side vendors are selling authentic Carnival merchandise, as well as carnival costumes and toys.

Rainforest (3rd Subarea)
Blu’s Flight
This suspended family coaster flies you around the rainforest. The entire ride is outdoor. You see many animatronic birds and other Brazilian animals throughout the ride. Their is no major story to this ride. It is mostly a roller coaster through a rainforest filled with animals. The front car is Blu the bird, and then there are baskets attached to the back of Blu that you sit in. The onride speakers are playing happy jungle music, with some commentary from Blu. Once the roller coaster part is done, you go slowly over a cut-down rainforest. The music gets less darker and a little frightening. There are chainsaws, piles of trees, cranes, building machines, etc. Stranded in the middle of it all, is a mom jaguar with three babies. They are animatronic. They look lost and stranded. You then go back into the Jungle and then to the loading platform.

XOVW6oWn8zESxVNbU1-Pubf7ulbMwNhuKbKpkzZaU9lqAB8Cgo-_7O_4ha8vKfEhxcKtb6WbDuXH0a5ndzq8n-X6JTfsBK48SGs9EWKH6PFIHz81sTxH0VYGvGiuOkq3csQ9D4zE

Who doesn't feel sorry for this cute animal?

Rio River Expeditions
This boat ride takes you through the luscious rainforest. You see animatronics of many famous animals from the Amazon, such as Poison Dart Frogs, Anacondas, Otters, Piranhas, and many more. You then go indoors and follow the story of Rio and Rio 2.

Rainforest Cafe
This chain will have a location in this park in the Rio section. It will be very similar to the other locations around the US. It is similar to Animal Kingdom, like how you will be able to access it from inside the park as well as outside the park. There are also animatronic Jewel and Blu throughout the restaurant.

Gifts & Retail
Rainforest Cafe
The Rainforest Cafe restaurant from before will have an attached gift shop, like the other locations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Whew!!! I'm done!
Funny story, I had "The Golden State" area done today at around 9pm. I read through it and I was like "this is really bad, but whatever". Then my computer died and wouldn't turn back on and my work was lost. So... now I'm on my phone and I just decided to start from scratch.
Haha... Now let me get 5 1/2 hours of sleep for school tomorrow! Gotta love life!

tcool123

Original Poster
I hate to do this, but A Twist in Time is going to be have to either be cancelled or be rescheduled to a less busy time of year. With a combination of absurd homework assignments from high school teachers, and throw in the fun of college I barely have enough time to sit down and check the forum if it isn't a quick glance. I hate to do this, and I deeply apologize to all the contestants who stuck around submitting proposals and the guest judges who judged and were waiting to judge.

I hope you can all forgive me :(

Disneylover152

I hate to do this, but A Twist in Time is going to be have to either be cancelled or be rescheduled to a less busy time of year. With a combination of absurd homework assignments from high school teachers, and throw in the fun of college I barely have enough time to sit down and check the forum if it isn't a quick glance. I hate to do this, and I deeply apologize to all the contestants who stuck around submitting proposals and the guest judges who judged and were waiting to judge.

I hope you can all forgive me :(

It's ok! I've been stressed out with school as well and good luck with your highschool assignments.

AceAstro

Challenge 1 – LEGO™ Theme Park Set
A Nonelimination Challenge

2013.07.02_LEGOLANDWORLDOFCHIMA_300.jpg

Welcome one and all to A Twist in Time 2 : The Sunshine Expedition! Joining us on our time back in time is @DisneyForever . Where are we going, you may ask? Well our first stop is in Winter Haven, 2012 to pitch some ideas for a new expansion to the popular Legoland Florida Park. These ideas are aimed to take off the stress for the more popular rides throughout the park, while offering a new and fun family experience.

Like always there is a catch, and the one here relates to the theme of the attraction. In order to convince the folks at Legoland to avoid their newest franchise, World of Chima, you must pitch something based on an active or legacy franchise. What is considered an active franchise? An active franchise in Legoland's eyes is a set that has been up and running since 2012. While a legacy franchise is one from the past that has run for four or more consecutive years. To aid you in your decision of the franchise we have procured a list from a very 'reputable' source: Wikipedia. You may chose any franchise that is current or discontinued as long as it meets the criteria above.

Time travellers you have until September 8th, Friday to complete this project. It will be due at 11:59 PM. If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask me. Good luck travellers, and may the brick be with you.​
https://www.legolandfloridablog.com/2018/05/30/a-last-ride-leads-to-a-new-adventure-in-2019/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom