A Twist In Time 2 : The Sunshine Expedition - Challenge 6

tcool123

Original Poster
I'm so sorry about the last project. But for the future, would it be possible to have all due dates on a Friday or Saturday? I assumed the due date was tonight which was foolish of me, but Thursday is an odd time to have a due date especially with everyone in school.
With a slight modification The due dates all land on the weekend now. Which will hopefully help in bringing in more sumbissions next time around.

Epic drop of the ball with this competition. I thought I'd have more time.:( I'll try to work on this project for next week though if that is okay.
It's fine people's lives come first. That should be fine, as long as its by the due date you have a shot of getting full points. If not I can see what I can do, but either way your going to want to have the groundwork of this park done. It's definitely not going to be the last time you'll see it.

tcool123

Original Poster
Also, if I do 2021 for my year, do I have to have a waterpark?

If yes, does the waterpark count as one of the 7 lands?
Nope, you never need to create a water park. However if you wish you could plan a waterpark land, but not required. Additionally you don't need seven lands, but its the maximum amount of lands allowed.

AceAstro

E.T.T. park

sQgxP8OSBwg-5DaBsmDWbP7nfjype_j7Go4qrtNpirMjNHgmc450ikPWXTHiNbp3wJD-PjlHSlqffI4JgN-jtKPE_L223kEbIy5l0jg7PrMz_vMuNFuMCuI1SPBrTZT1r1Nk0boF

The Earth Through Time park (or E.T.T. for short) is a new park opening in Miami with a planned opening of 2023. The design of the park is set up so that going counterclockwise you see Earth from the start to how it could look in the future. Or by going clockwise you can go back in time, starting in the Future. In the middle of the park is a lake with a large globe in the middle of the park that rotates quickly to represent changes in time. There is a pathway from each land to the globe with all of the pathways connecting so while it's not recommended to jump all over the place it can be done.

I'll go Counterclockwise in the tour through the park. We start with the entrance area. There is nothing over the top here, it is mostly just the souvenir shop, a restaurant, guest services and a few other common Theme Park amenities.

From there we go to prehistoric times (labelled Ice Age due to spacing and IP). Here is mainly a focus on the Ice Age time period and how the earth would look at that time. Even leading into the lake you can see small ice formations floating along. The main attraction of this land will be a log flume attraction that uses 20th Century Fox’s family-friendly IP, Ice Age.

aFrjFMtxvjVgIste_ZCAYb-h1N2h53WqjIKlaTjv8BkztQCtXokaFzb7olD_MIGtWQcEqjWgTjSL-cGlVwKE4fSXENOgV35tb3J7Sy1iEYJHnPvBr5M4a-N2qch3TxAcYUnZcFsj

Going from one extreme to the other, we pass through a tunnel in a large glacier only to come out through an old mining shaft and into the hustle and bustle of the Wild Wild West (WWW). The WWW features a small town with everything you could need! It has a bank, sheriff’s department, jailhouse, hotel, tavern, and more! Looking out onto the lake, you can't see the ice to your left due to how far out the rocky gorge of the mountain goes. Along the water, you can see different methods being used to try and store water as well as catch fish when the tide comes in ( animatronic fish like the jumping fish you can still see at Disneyland). The main attraction in this area is a tour that takes you through their large coal mine. After going down the mine shaft, you go through the regular tour of how they mine coal and all the dangers. As you're exiting and coming back up the mine shaft, a cord snaps!! You start plummeting downwards until your tour guide is able to activate an emergency stop so you can get off higher than you were when you started off at. Going from there, your tour guide follows a small stream in the cave. It ends up leading you to another exit out of the mine to safety! The stream of water then continues out to the lake.

BewhRJGuxPTT3Ffbm9qghRlzZZ1Z4qjsUg7-N9DjL9Xp-3wMeizK4rMwvlgODy4TCzMApBZfOaBK9suhxAdGeJ9qazXdIXr6i-Y_AHed_oAHO3vZmr94JDfXHNj8F6_k1CwFlbwz

All the hustle and bustle of the Wild Wild West is getting crazy so as we continue on we get into a more quiet and luscious area, the modern day Amazon Rainforest. The rainforest is one of the most beautiful places in the world and this land captures it perfectly. All the paths become hard dirt pathways with trees and vegetation sprouting in and around it all. This area will be similar to the now abandoned Discovery Island. There will be lots of chances to see animals you don't normally see up close and personal as well as having the chance to walk along tree brindled to get different views of the area. Due to the amount of foliage in the area, it's hard to see the lake until you are at it but it's clear when you get there that because of being still water there is a lot of animals and plants living off of the lake and its ecosystem.

25_lXJw2__pk2s2uC1IDqfuh0OD7tfNBxfIK2qDrcvMPjVac71oyYWbNjZWBroeI0i6t8-P0CGhV4iQtsabAJxtyizE93_GYZ0gT2xviQV7iJ54iHUrS9Ly_H6Wha0YBXqfgtaMa

PkfYyCDu5SK11I2IFi1fiNxN-rQbAcHK5IrQMtrm38epx2lInl63jESrU4OLYp5E20Yj-Bw71QM3cw3PzPpZZBCnWDkiAZejzUdQ7wL4YTxVWlkDf0jZcue1L4LLgLgharjCkz_y

(Discovery Island but an idea of how it would look)

The last land has a focus on how the earth will look if humans continue on how they do now. The land will be full of large, metal buildings with little to no plant life. The lake view from this land is hard to look at. There will be all sorts of garbage in the lake as well as a couple dead fish floating on top of the water. The main attraction of this pavilion will be a simulator ride. The idea of the rode is that you're travelling to some far off planet to see if it is possible to be inhabitable by humans. Once you get to the planet though, you have a face-to-face encounter with the xenomorphs from Alien! The planet you came to was theirs and they are not happy about that! You continue to fight them off before being able to get back your ship and get back to earth safe and sound.

W_ScfNGLiHlht7IsFqjmS9fThN38dmjpDHMYPYtufrnA7CpUsmbhXjy16-6Q9HaWx4i0BGp64i3gOMb8wnAuynlu8G96LwNzTLNWj8wNhu_PIQnUzem06gHcExNPqJj-X5wB2oUp

Pfqdzi_FHbANMjxp_rGPAch38t-jVuJJKxBI7hIOSG76OxyVVP7Een5k7k3kxptLr1GXjc0VQgSx8XAv7rwNgimzsTt0eXWWPifvqf7Sf7BBcEmcrm35oiWEKYJcDuHQ2LDWYook

I hope you enjoyed this project and I must say that this was a really good idea Tcool. It was definitely something different and gave its own interesting challenge!

StevenU

Challenge 3 – Welcome to the Wild
A Nonelimination Challenge

p9-adventure-park.jpg

http://www.thenextmiami.com/20th-ce...rst-phase-of-miami-wild-including-water-park/
page 16, for more information on the currently planned theme park

Welcome time travellers to the your third adventure through time. In this challenge we will be looking out for potential forming riffs in the city of Miami. You may be wondering what theme park is currently in Miami, but that's where the problem lies. Three potential rifts, and time travellers you must choose which year you visit. You must save the park known as 20th Century Adventure Park located in Miami Wilds before it even starts construction.

Now how exactly to save this park? You must design the park from scratch with any of the following years, and of course the catches that come with it.
Opening Year #1: 1982 – Must in some way be part zoo similar to Busch Gardens and Animal Kingdom. Nearly 200 acres of land, and must use technology of that time. However innovations within believability can be acceptable.
Opening Year #2: 1995 – Must in some way be on a grander scale than other new Florida theme park, Universal Studios Orlando. Nearly 105 acres of land, and must use technology of that time. However innovations within believability can be acceptable.
Opening Year #3: 2021 – Must in some way involve an environmental message in at least one themed area. Nearly 180 acres of land.

chi_by_tcool123-dbmm5bs.png

Now this may sound like a huge undertaking, and you're right it is. Which is why this challenge will be split into three. To receive points for this challenge you must include the following: the opening year, the themes of each land (up to 7 lands), and a description of the first land. This description should include descriptions for store, restaurants, entertainment, and attractions in the first land. Don't worry about the rest of the land descriptions,you just need what they'll be based around. The rest of the lands will come in later challenges.

Additionally since this is a Fox theme park, you can only use Fox IPs along IPs that you can come up with. If you are unsure if an IP can be used due to licensing just contact me via PM, and I'll answer your question.

Time travellers you have until September 22nd, Friday to complete this project. It will be due at 11:59 PM. If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask . Good luck travellers, and hopefully you will all survive the wilds.

Lastly I'd like thank guest judge @kmbmw777 for judging this challenge.​
Coming in 2021 to the Miami area will be a NASA and university sponsored theme park about environmental education and thrill, called Miami Air and Space Theme Park
WEB10761-2007h.jpg

The purpose of the park is to be a new Epcot as originally intended in Walt Disney World. The 5 lands will be about different things we as people on earth can do to better our future and research about new ways to improve.

The 5 lands
Earth
Land
Sea
Air
Space

Earth
638831main_globe_east_2048.jpg

The introduction land will be an indoor futuristic NASA research lab on the earth, with a dark ride similar to Spaceship Earth, but about how we as people have changed the landscape of earth. While some of the ride might be a little depressing with global warming and things like that, the ride will have a positive spin about the new advances we have to better our future. There will also be a World Showcase of restaurants from around the earth to explore in a mall section of the research land, entering into the rest of the park. There will be a walk-through to the top of the 75 foot ceiling of the research lab, where people can walk up for 360 degree views of the park, which is exclusive viewing for the nighttime fireworks show.

Land
Land-on-earth.jpg

Focus is on agriculture and architecture, and how we as a species have evolved into 21st century civilization. There's a Soarin' -like ride called Flight of the Land, which takes guests on a simulated roadtrip around the continents, viewing the different environments and learning how people around the world grow food and prosper.

Sea
p6050044_0.jpg

A water coaster called Tsunami will dominate this land of the park which will resemble waves as the drops and steep banked curves with speeds up to 75 mph. A submarine ride to the depths of the coral reef will also be present in this land, teaching the riders about the diversity of the ocean and how much there is still to learn about the depths. It also teaches us about pollution and how it may erode parks of the ocean, and how sea levels may rise in the future.

Air
airplane-in-the-sky-and-cloud-at-sunrise-8c9aabb370a32b61.jpg

Soar through the clouds and learn about extreme weather from all around the world in a simulator that takes you through a hurricane, tornado, blizzard, and more!

Space
sls-70mt-dac3-orange-launch-uhr2.jpg

Learn about how space travel can teach us things we can't learn here on earth and about travel to other planets. With some flat rides themed to the moon, there is also a planetarium that explore's NASA's history and our place in the universe on earth.

Thanks for the fun project!

Disneylover152

20th Century Fox Adventure Park

OPENING YEAR: 2021
There are 7 themed lands in this theme park.

20th Century Fox Studios
The entrance to this new theme park will be set in the 20th Century Fox Studio Backlot. You will enter a backlot, with costume racks and various props. Lining the sides of the street are 10 sound stages. Each soundstages will either host a walkthrough, ride, show, restaurant, or a gift shop. At the end of the street, is the park icon. A recreation of the 20th Century Fox Logo.
G7C2AG906csV_duVrB85-SbURowfR-6tL4DzrBl1SGHMbhKAdVc6HY2QLfJmyuYkvTnkZL4sk32OEdW0B-yfNlcR_X1wWKRidA8Nj70ACTXLoM-8aA4hFcBjU14MewhxjVLwqlT1

Their are 6 soundstages on each side, 12 total. The last soundstage on each side will act as a transition soundstage into the next land, where you enter a soundstage, and it looks like it breaks at the top, showing you that you are in the movies now.

Your favorite 20th Century Fox Movies will be represented here, including Maze Runner, Parental Guidance, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Fat Albert, Tooth Fairy, Captain Underpants and Trolls.

Sci-Fi Port
The sixth soundstage on the right leads you into “Future Port”, a Futuristic bustling city. This land is split into two sub-lands, “Sci-Fi City” and “Sci-Fi Airport”. The “Sci-Fi Airport” is where the attractions are. These are where most of the attractions are. Your favorite 20th Century Fox Movies will be represented here, including Home, Robots, and Space Chimps.

New York City
Behind the Adventure Forest is “New York City”, a representation of the Big Apple. “New York City” will be various streets from the real city. There are various streets representing the 5 boroughs of the City, Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, Staten Island, and The Bronx. Your favorite 20th Century Fox Movies will be represented here, including Night at the Museum, Everyone’s Hero, Mr. Popper’s Penguins, Big, and Home Alone.

Adventure Forest
The sixth soundstage on the left leads you into “Adventure Forest”, a themed land representing the wonders of the forest. Their are many rides not themed to IPs, but still, your favorite 20th Century Fox Movies will be represented here, including Epic. NOTE: This land is not totally themed to the movie epic, but has a sub-area themed to it. This land does not count as a single-IP land.

The Golden State
Adjacent to the Adventure Forest is “The Golden State”, a representation of the sights and culture of California. “The Golden State” will have various sub-areas themed to “San Francisco”, “Los Angeles” and even the suburbs, Your favorite 20th Century Fox Movies will be represented here, including Alvin and the Chipmunks, We Bought a Zoo, and Mrs. Doubtfire.

Brazil- The World of Rio
Adjacent to the Golden State is “Brazil- The World of Rio”, a representation of the culture of Brazil, and the rainforest in which Rio takes place. “Brazil- The World of Rio” will have a bustling Brazilian city, and a rainforest. This will be the environmentally themed land in the park. This is one of the two single IP themed lands that this park will offer. As mentioned before, this area is themed to Rio.

Ice Age
The second single-IP land is themed to the hit franchise, Ice Age. This is the second-largest land in the whole park, and is will be based off of 4 of the 5 Ice Age movies. This land will take place during the events between the 4th movie and the 5th movie. This land is the Wizarding World of Harry Potter or Pandora- The World of Avatar of this park.

LAND IN DETAIL- ADVENTURE FOREST
The land I choose to represent in detail is “The Adventure Forest”.

STORY OF THE LAND: The Adventure Forest Adventure Co. is opening up their forest adventure base to guests. They have many “adventures” for their guests to partake in, including an adventure that shrinks you down to the size of a hummingbird (Epic subland).

Attractions & Entertainment
The Hang Gliding Experience
The Zamperla WindstarZ attraction will be placed in this land, themed to a Hangliding experience in the forest.
WindstarZ: http://www.zamperla.com/products/windstarz/

Adventure Forest Adventure Course
A ropes course will be placed in this land, but rather than being one long path compared to the structure most locations have. It will be very similar to Camp Discovery in Shanghai Disneyland.

Splashwater Falls
A log flume will be placed in this land, on “Splashwater Mountain”. The log flume would start off in the main hall of The Adventure Forest Exploration Co. It would leave the main hall, and you will journey through the forest, encountering many animals. You will go up and down many drops. You travel into a mountain, and witness minors mining for rocks and minerals as you travel up. When you reach the top, you drop down the largest falls, and then you go back into the main hall.

Adventure Forest Exploration Co. Kiddie Flight Training
The Zamperla Flying Tigers attraction will be placed in this land, themed to a flight training for the kids.
Flying Tigers: http://www.zamperla.com/products/flying-tigers/

Adventure Forest Exploration Co. Flight Training
The Zamperla Air Race 8.2 attraction will be placed in this land, themed to a more-intense flight training for older kids.
Air Race 8.2: http://www.zamperla.com/products/air-race-8-2-tm/

The Hummingbird’s Flight
This roller coaster is similar to “Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts” in which it is a roller coaster combined with special effects and screens. For the roller coaster car, you are sitting on the back of Hummingbird’s and you fly around the world of Epic, and follow the story of the movie. This ride is apart of the Epic-themed subland.

An EPIC Adventure
Similar to the “Honey I Shrunk the Kids- Movie Set Adventure”, this attraction shrinks you down and allows you to play underneath giant trees and giant blades of grass. This ride is apart of the Epic-themed subland.

Restaurants & Refreshments
Adventure Forest Adventure Co. Mess Hall
A quick-service restaurant, themed to the mess hall of the Adventure Forest Adventure Co. This is the main restaurant of the land.

Hummingbird Cafe
A table-service restaurant in the Epic subland, where you are dining as the size of a hummingbird in a Hummingbird’s nest. Everything is made out of human objects. For example, the tables are bottle caps. This restaurant is apart of the Epic-themed subland.

Gifts & Retail
Splashwater Souvenirs
The gift shop at the end of the ride Splashwater Falls. This is where you can buy your on-ride photo!

Adventure Forest Adventure Shop
The main gift shop of this land.

Epic Souvenirs
A shop that the people from the movie Epic setup for the visitors. This shop is apart of the Epic-themed subland.

kmbmw777

E.T.T. park

sQgxP8OSBwg-5DaBsmDWbP7nfjype_j7Go4qrtNpirMjNHgmc450ikPWXTHiNbp3wJD-PjlHSlqffI4JgN-jtKPE_L223kEbIy5l0jg7PrMz_vMuNFuMCuI1SPBrTZT1r1Nk0boF

The Earth Through Time park (or E.T.T. for short) is a new park opening in Miami with a planned opening of 2023. The design of the park is set up so that going counterclockwise you see Earth from the start to how it could look in the future. Or by going clockwise you can go back in time, starting in the Future. In the middle of the park is a lake with a large globe in the middle of the park that rotates quickly to represent changes in time. There is a pathway from each land to the globe with all of the pathways connecting so while it's not recommended to jump all over the place it can be done.

I'll go Counterclockwise in the tour through the park. We start with the entrance area. There is nothing over the top here, it is mostly just the souvenir shop, a restaurant, guest services and a few other common Theme Park amenities.

From there we go to prehistoric times (labelled Ice Age due to spacing and IP). Here is mainly a focus on the Ice Age time period and how the earth would look at that time. Even leading into the lake you can see small ice formations floating along. The main attraction of this land will be a log flume attraction that uses 20th Century Fox’s family-friendly IP, Ice Age.

aFrjFMtxvjVgIste_ZCAYb-h1N2h53WqjIKlaTjv8BkztQCtXokaFzb7olD_MIGtWQcEqjWgTjSL-cGlVwKE4fSXENOgV35tb3J7Sy1iEYJHnPvBr5M4a-N2qch3TxAcYUnZcFsj

Going from one extreme to the other, we pass through a tunnel in a large glacier only to come out through an old mining shaft and into the hustle and bustle of the Wild Wild West (WWW). The WWW features a small town with everything you could need! It has a bank, sheriff’s department, jailhouse, hotel, tavern, and more! Looking out onto the lake, you can't see the ice to your left due to how far out the rocky gorge of the mountain goes. Along the water, you can see different methods being used to try and store water as well as catch fish when the tide comes in ( animatronic fish like the jumping fish you can still see at Disneyland). The main attraction in this area is a tour that takes you through their large coal mine. After going down the mine shaft, you go through the regular tour of how they mine coal and all the dangers. As you're exiting and coming back up the mine shaft, a cord snaps!! You start plummeting downwards until your tour guide is able to activate an emergency stop so you can get off higher than you were when you started off at. Going from there, your tour guide follows a small stream in the cave. It ends up leading you to another exit out of the mine to safety! The stream of water then continues out to the lake.

BewhRJGuxPTT3Ffbm9qghRlzZZ1Z4qjsUg7-N9DjL9Xp-3wMeizK4rMwvlgODy4TCzMApBZfOaBK9suhxAdGeJ9qazXdIXr6i-Y_AHed_oAHO3vZmr94JDfXHNj8F6_k1CwFlbwz

All the hustle and bustle of the Wild Wild West is getting crazy so as we continue on we get into a more quiet and luscious area, the modern day Amazon Rainforest. The rainforest is one of the most beautiful places in the world and this land captures it perfectly. All the paths become hard dirt pathways with trees and vegetation sprouting in and around it all. This area will be similar to the now abandoned Discovery Island. There will be lots of chances to see animals you don't normally see up close and personal as well as having the chance to walk along tree brindled to get different views of the area. Due to the amount of foliage in the area, it's hard to see the lake until you are at it but it's clear when you get there that because of being still water there is a lot of animals and plants living off of the lake and its ecosystem.

25_lXJw2__pk2s2uC1IDqfuh0OD7tfNBxfIK2qDrcvMPjVac71oyYWbNjZWBroeI0i6t8-P0CGhV4iQtsabAJxtyizE93_GYZ0gT2xviQV7iJ54iHUrS9Ly_H6Wha0YBXqfgtaMa

PkfYyCDu5SK11I2IFi1fiNxN-rQbAcHK5IrQMtrm38epx2lInl63jESrU4OLYp5E20Yj-Bw71QM3cw3PzPpZZBCnWDkiAZejzUdQ7wL4YTxVWlkDf0jZcue1L4LLgLgharjCkz_y

(Discovery Island but an idea of how it would look)

The last land has a focus on how the earth will look if humans continue on how they do now. The land will be full of large, metal buildings with little to no plant life. The lake view from this land is hard to look at. There will be all sorts of garbage in the lake as well as a couple dead fish floating on top of the water. The main attraction of this pavilion will be a simulator ride. The idea of the rode is that you're travelling to some far off planet to see if it is possible to be inhabitable by humans. Once you get to the planet though, you have a face-to-face encounter with the xenomorphs from Alien! The planet you came to was theirs and they are not happy about that! You continue to fight them off before being able to get back your ship and get back to earth safe and sound.

W_ScfNGLiHlht7IsFqjmS9fThN38dmjpDHMYPYtufrnA7CpUsmbhXjy16-6Q9HaWx4i0BGp64i3gOMb8wnAuynlu8G96LwNzTLNWj8wNhu_PIQnUzem06gHcExNPqJj-X5wB2oUp

Pfqdzi_FHbANMjxp_rGPAch38t-jVuJJKxBI7hIOSG76OxyVVP7Een5k7k3kxptLr1GXjc0VQgSx8XAv7rwNgimzsTt0eXWWPifvqf7Sf7BBcEmcrm35oiWEKYJcDuHQ2LDWYook

I hope you enjoyed this project and I must say that this was a really good idea Tcool. It was definitely something different and gave its own interesting challenge!
@AceAstro and the E.T.T. Park
Your park does well at conveying its environmental themes via the lands, especially your sci-fi land. However, I wish it was conveyed better in the attractions The only attraction that you mentioned that conveyed this message was the one in the Wild Wild West. Also, I appreciate that you used some IPs, but this is still a 20th Century Fox park and they have access to tons of them. Also, you provided a vague summary for all of your lands, but did not go into detail for one as the prompt asked. I liked that your lands are easily differentiable from each other, and provide some sort of view on environmentalism.

Coming in 2021 to the Miami area will be a NASA and university sponsored theme park about environmental education and thrill, called Miami Air and Space Theme Park
WEB10761-2007h.jpg

The purpose of the park is to be a new Epcot as originally intended in Walt Disney World. The 5 lands will be about different things we as people on earth can do to better our future and research about new ways to improve.

The 5 lands
Earth
Land
Sea
Air
Space

Earth
638831main_globe_east_2048.jpg

The introduction land will be an indoor futuristic NASA research lab on the earth, with a dark ride similar to Spaceship Earth, but about how we as people have changed the landscape of earth. While some of the ride might be a little depressing with global warming and things like that, the ride will have a positive spin about the new advances we have to better our future. There will also be a World Showcase of restaurants from around the earth to explore in a mall section of the research land, entering into the rest of the park. There will be a walk-through to the top of the 75 foot ceiling of the research lab, where people can walk up for 360 degree views of the park, which is exclusive viewing for the nighttime fireworks show.

Land
Land-on-earth.jpg

Focus is on agriculture and architecture, and how we as a species have evolved into 21st century civilization. There's a Soarin' -like ride called Flight of the Land, which takes guests on a simulated roadtrip around the continents, viewing the different environments and learning how people around the world grow food and prosper.

Sea
p6050044_0.jpg

A water coaster called Tsunami will dominate this land of the park which will resemble waves as the drops and steep banked curves with speeds up to 75 mph. A submarine ride to the depths of the coral reef will also be present in this land, teaching the riders about the diversity of the ocean and how much there is still to learn about the depths. It also teaches us about pollution and how it may erode parks of the ocean, and how sea levels may rise in the future.

Air
airplane-in-the-sky-and-cloud-at-sunrise-8c9aabb370a32b61.jpg

Soar through the clouds and learn about extreme weather from all around the world in a simulator that takes you through a hurricane, tornado, blizzard, and more!

Space
sls-70mt-dac3-orange-launch-uhr2.jpg

Learn about how space travel can teach us things we can't learn here on earth and about travel to other planets. With some flat rides themed to the moon, there is also a planetarium that explore's NASA's history and our place in the universe on earth.

Thanks for the fun project!
@StevenU and the Miami Air and Space Theme Park
Overall this park felt like a world's fair, not a 20th Century Fox Park. I like that you tried to incorporate the environmental message throughout the whole park, but it seems like it required a lot to be sacrificed - which would be anything that made it a 20th Century Fox park. This park would not be too competitive for vacationing, because younger kids rarely get excited to learn. One would have to lure them with IPs that they love, and your park fails to do that. Also, you provided a vague summary for all of your lands, but did not go into detail for one as the prompt asked. While your park conveys the message on environmentalism extraordinarily, it lacks in other key areas.

20th Century Fox Adventure Park
OPENING YEAR: 2021
There are 7 themed lands in this theme park.

20th Century Fox Studios
The entrance to this new theme park will be set in the 20th Century Fox Studio Backlot. You will enter a backlot, with costume racks and various props. Lining the sides of the street are 10 sound stages. Each soundstages will either host a walkthrough, ride, show, restaurant, or a gift shop. At the end of the street, is the park icon. A recreation of the 20th Century Fox Logo.
G7C2AG906csV_duVrB85-SbURowfR-6tL4DzrBl1SGHMbhKAdVc6HY2QLfJmyuYkvTnkZL4sk32OEdW0B-yfNlcR_X1wWKRidA8Nj70ACTXLoM-8aA4hFcBjU14MewhxjVLwqlT1

Their are 6 soundstages on each side, 12 total. The last soundstage on each side will act as a transition soundstage into the next land, where you enter a soundstage, and it looks like it breaks at the top, showing you that you are in the movies now.

Your favorite 20th Century Fox Movies will be represented here, including Maze Runner, Parental Guidance, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Fat Albert, Tooth Fairy, Captain Underpants and Trolls.

Sci-Fi Port
The sixth soundstage on the right leads you into “Future Port”, a Futuristic bustling city. This land is split into two sub-lands, “Sci-Fi City” and “Sci-Fi Airport”. The “Sci-Fi Airport” is where the attractions are. These are where most of the attractions are. Your favorite 20th Century Fox Movies will be represented here, including Home, Robots, and Space Chimps.

New York City
Behind the Adventure Forest is “New York City”, a representation of the Big Apple. “New York City” will be various streets from the real city. There are various streets representing the 5 boroughs of the City, Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, Staten Island, and The Bronx. Your favorite 20th Century Fox Movies will be represented here, including Night at the Museum, Everyone’s Hero, Mr. Popper’s Penguins, Big, and Home Alone.

Adventure Forest
The sixth soundstage on the left leads you into “Adventure Forest”, a themed land representing the wonders of the forest. Their are many rides not themed to IPs, but still, your favorite 20th Century Fox Movies will be represented here, including Epic. NOTE: This land is not totally themed to the movie epic, but has a sub-area themed to it. This land does not count as a single-IP land.

The Golden State
Adjacent to the Adventure Forest is “The Golden State”, a representation of the sights and culture of California. “The Golden State” will have various sub-areas themed to “San Francisco”, “Los Angeles” and even the suburbs, Your favorite 20th Century Fox Movies will be represented here, including Alvin and the Chipmunks, We Bought a Zoo, and Mrs. Doubtfire.

Brazil- The World of Rio
Adjacent to the Golden State is “Brazil- The World of Rio”, a representation of the culture of Brazil, and the rainforest in which Rio takes place. “Brazil- The World of Rio” will have a bustling Brazilian city, and a rainforest. This will be the environmentally themed land in the park. This is one of the two single IP themed lands that this park will offer. As mentioned before, this area is themed to Rio.

Ice Age
The second single-IP land is themed to the hit franchise, Ice Age. This is the second-largest land in the whole park, and is will be based off of 4 of the 5 Ice Age movies. This land will take place during the events between the 4th movie and the 5th movie. This land is the Wizarding World of Harry Potter or Pandora- The World of Avatar of this park.

LAND IN DETAIL- ADVENTURE FOREST
The land I choose to represent in detail is “The Adventure Forest”.

STORY OF THE LAND: The Adventure Forest Adventure Co. is opening up their forest adventure base to guests. They have many “adventures” for their guests to partake in, including an adventure that shrinks you down to the size of a hummingbird (Epic subland).

Attractions & Entertainment
The Hang Gliding Experience
The Zamperla WindstarZ attraction will be placed in this land, themed to a Hangliding experience in the forest.
WindstarZ: http://www.zamperla.com/products/windstarz/

Adventure Forest Adventure Course
A ropes course will be placed in this land, but rather than being one long path compared to the structure most locations have. It will be very similar to Camp Discovery in Shanghai Disneyland.

Splashwater Falls
A log flume will be placed in this land, on “Splashwater Mountain”. The log flume would start off in the main hall of The Adventure Forest Exploration Co. It would leave the main hall, and you will journey through the forest, encountering many animals. You will go up and down many drops. You travel into a mountain, and witness minors mining for rocks and minerals as you travel up. When you reach the top, you drop down the largest falls, and then you go back into the main hall.

Adventure Forest Exploration Co. Kiddie Flight Training
The Zamperla Flying Tigers attraction will be placed in this land, themed to a flight training for the kids.
Flying Tigers: http://www.zamperla.com/products/flying-tigers/

Adventure Forest Exploration Co. Flight Training
The Zamperla Air Race 8.2 attraction will be placed in this land, themed to a more-intense flight training for older kids.
Air Race 8.2: http://www.zamperla.com/products/air-race-8-2-tm/

The Hummingbird’s Flight
This roller coaster is similar to “Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts” in which it is a roller coaster combined with special effects and screens. For the roller coaster car, you are sitting on the back of Hummingbird’s and you fly around the world of Epic, and follow the story of the movie. This ride is apart of the Epic-themed subland.

An EPIC Adventure
Similar to the “Honey I Shrunk the Kids- Movie Set Adventure”, this attraction shrinks you down and allows you to play underneath giant trees and giant blades of grass. This ride is apart of the Epic-themed subland.

Restaurants & Refreshments
Adventure Forest Adventure Co. Mess Hall
A quick-service restaurant, themed to the mess hall of the Adventure Forest Adventure Co. This is the main restaurant of the land.

Hummingbird Cafe
A table-service restaurant in the Epic subland, where you are dining as the size of a hummingbird in a Hummingbird’s nest. Everything is made out of human objects. For example, the tables are bottle caps. This restaurant is apart of the Epic-themed subland.

Gifts & Retail
Splashwater Souvenirs
The gift shop at the end of the ride Splashwater Falls. This is where you can buy your on-ride photo!

Adventure Forest Adventure Shop
The main gift shop of this land.

Epic Souvenirs
A shop that the people from the movie Epic setup for the visitors. This shop is apart of the Epic-themed subland.
@Disneylover152 and the Fox Adventure Park
While I wish there was more detail everywhere, your project came closest to accomplishing the goal of the prompt. I love the way that you blended IPs into your park and kept the message on environmentalism. After all, the prompt only said it had to be in one land. Your attractions contain a great blend of both IPs and original (in the land that you describes). This park truly felt like it was a 20th Century FOx Park! My critique would be that studio parks rarely work out, so I'm happy that the idea of this being a movie studio were left behind once we got past the enterance.

tcool123

Original Poster
Challenge 3 - Reviews

E.T.T Park by @AceAstro

First off I applaud the inclusion of a general lay out for the land. With that said the description of some lands, and the amount of space taken up by that land didn't really make sense. The best example: Entrance it sounds like it's only a restaurant, a store, and a couple of other amenities which take up as much room as say the Ice Age. While the Amazon Rainforest would be one of the weakest links in the park as the nearby (within walking distance) Zoo Miami features an Amazon & Beyond section showcasing the animals of the Amazon and beyond which sounds like the primary aspect of this land. Finally there's the dystopian future city which features a ride based off the Alien franchise which sounds like fun. The Wild Wild West has potential, and its signature ride is a shaft drop ride? rollercoaster? boat? I'm not really sure what it really is, but this isn't the last time we'll this park so there's plenty of time to go into more detail.

Overall this park does have potential, but some negatives bring it down. Such as the small amount of Fox IP used in the Fox park. It seems like you only used two, but there were opportunities for more such as Epic and Rio in the Amazon, or the Maze Runner and Predator in the Dystopian Future land. I can't wait to see where this park will take you in future challenges, and how it will change.

Miami Air and Space Theme Park by @StevenU
The idea of this park really focuses on the environmental message requirement, but forgets all about 20th Century Fox Theme Park aspect for the challenge. With that said it compliments Zoo Miami extraordinarily well, and provides some fun sounding attractions. With that said this sounds more like a niche park than something that could go global like WDW, Universal, and Seaworld.

Overall this is a great and unique park, but it neglects the fact it's also supposed to be a 20th Century Fox theme park. While IP could be bad, when used properly could lead to some fun edutainment attractions.

Additionally Godzilla vs Kong sounds like a fun attraction cashing in the revived franchise of giant monster movies with Kong: Skull Island, Gozilla, and of course Gozilla vs Kong.

20th Century Fox Adventure Park by @Disneylover152
Unlike most I actually like studio parks, and yours prove interesting. However it seems to be more geared towards kids and families with a heavy focus on IPs of that nature as well as a focus on obscure IPs such as Space Chimps and Everyone's Hero instead of more popular IPs such as Kingsman, Alien, Predator, Titanic, etc. Onto the in depth land description. I have no real complaints as the land is pretty solid for one exception. That exception being the name of the log flume ride, Splashwater Falls, which is too similar to Disney's Splash Mountain which could reach some legal troubles. Additionally I'm not really sure why there's flight training in this land other than the sake of including flat rides to round out the lineup in the park.

Overall, I feel you have the strongest of the three proposals and can't wait to see how this park folds out.​

Last edited:

tcool123

Original Poster
Challenge 3 - Results

The Bonus
StevenU - 2

The Winnings
3. StevenU - 2
2. AceAstro - 3
1. Disneylover152 - 4

Total
5T. JokersWild - 0
5T. AimYourBrent - 0
5T. Pionmycake - 0
5T. Michel Lichand - 0
5T. CreateDisney - 0
3T. StevenU - 4
3T. Magic Feather - 4
1T. AceAstro - 7
1T. Disneylover152 - 7​

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom