A Twist In Time 2 : The Sunshine Expedition - Challenge 6

mickeyfan5534

The Ghostbusters Experience - @Disneylover152
I love this. This is such a great concept. My only thing, I don't think a coaster would fit well in this building. Of course, there's always tear down and rebuild. A simulator or ride system like Spider-Man or Transformers would have done just the job with less space used and a longer runtime, and maybe gotten the point across better and been able to have a more fun plot. You have four of the funniest women in the business with this IP. Use them. Those four would be your biggest asset. Relegating them to the beginning and the end feels like a crime. The vehicle, I'm not crazy about it. You could use a Rockin Roller Coaster design and it'd be far better because you can have people raise their hands and scream and not deafen someone from being in an enclosed space. But on the good side, I love the preshow/virtual queue. I love the fact ghosts are attacking New York. You have a wonderful story. For the first project, I have to say congratulations. This was a wonderful first shot.

How To Train Your Dragon: Sky High! - @AceAstro
First things first, I'm going to criticize your placement. Universal has clear lands separated by cities and I don't think Dragons, much as I love the franchise, fits the area. I think this maybe should go in Islands of Adventure. This also reminds me a bit too much of Flight of Passage, flying around on dragon-type creatures. That said, as Universal's answer to Flight of Passage? I care far more about the Dragons franchise and it's world building than I do about Pandora. Good choice, good ride, wrong place. You also have so much potential as a relative newcomer, just like Disneylover and I can't wait to see how you progress.

Ghostbusters: Escape from New York - @Magic Feather
Not a ton to say, but your presentation was unique and, while not a frequent presentation, something I've personally done in the past with the Hollywood Studios Fantasia show project. If only that hurricane didn't blow through, I'd love to see where you went with this.

Now I'll see y'all my next challenge. Until then, good luck and don't screw it up.

AceAstro

First things first, I'm going to criticize your placement. Universal has clear lands separated by cities and I don't think Dragons, much as I love the franchise, fits the area. I think this maybe should go in Islands of Adventure.
Fair enough! I wasn't thinking so much about the dragons vs it being an animated film. Because of that, I felt it would work in Production Central. Classic mistake by me haha

Disneylover152

I love this. This is such a great concept. My only thing, I don't think a coaster would fit well in this building. Of course, there's always tear down and rebuild. A simulator or ride system like Spider-Man or Transformers would have done just the job with less space used and a longer runtime, and maybe gotten the point across better and been able to have a more fun plot. You have four of the funniest women in the business with this IP. Use them. Those four would be your biggest asset. Relegating them to the beginning and the end feels like a crime. The vehicle, I'm not crazy about it. You could use a Rockin Roller Coaster design and it'd be far better because you can have people raise their hands and scream and not deafen someone from being in an enclosed space. But on the good side, I love the preshow/virtual queue. I love the fact ghosts are attacking New York. You have a wonderful story. For the first project, I have to say congratulations. This was a wonderful first shot.

Thanks for the critique!

tcool123

Original Poster
Challenge 2 - Reviews

Ghostbusters: Escape from New York by @Magic Feather
You started off pretty strong, with a unique presentation that I haven't seen before. However with that said the attraction is rather weak as there is no story, or any other description of the ride besides the theme and that it's a drop ride. With that said this proposal does show promise.

The Ghostbusters Experience by @Disneylover152
First off it would be great if you had fixed the broken image, cause now I need to know what mysteries it hides. My main issue is that you claim it's based off the the remake of 2016, but it reads as if it is based off the original. Overall the details are a bit light for the attraction, but the general idea and plot gets through. Additionally there was a bit of grammatical errors, but overall the project is pretty good. Don't get too worried; this is a pretty good proposal that with a few tweaks here and there, and some fleshing out could come out being really good.

How To Train Your Dragon: Sky High by @AceAstro
A dragon ride has plenty of potential, and when I saw the picture of the steeplechase ride vehicle I got pretty excited. However then you proceeded to say it'll be like Star Tours. Which in essence is akin, but on a larger scale than say Simpsons. I really wished that you went more into detail for your ride as it shows potential, and if flesked out this could have easily taken the cake for this challenge. Perhaps starting roughly 4 hours prior isn't the best route to go ;)

Nothing by Everyone Else
I am slightly disappointed in you all. I understand you all may not have time to put out large projects week after week, but something is better than nothing. This includes say a very brief paragraph, or even a couple of sentences. While not preferable deciding not to submit will assure your point totals stay low, and result in your eventual elimination. However if something comes up which enables you unable to post please contact me prior, and we can work something out.​

tcool123

Original Poster
Challenge 2 Results -

The Winnings
3. Magic Feather - 1
2. AceAstro - 2
1. Disneylover152 - 3

Total
4T. JokersWild - 0
4T. AimYourBrent - 0
4T. StevenU - 0
4T. Pionmycake - 0
4T. Michel Lichand - 0
4T. CreateDisney - 0
3. Disneylover152 - 3
1T. Magic Feather - 4
1T. AceAstro - 4​

tcool123

Original Poster
Noted. Next project I'll start 6 hours before it's due!!
Now we're talking ;):hilarious:

On another note, thanks for doing this competition even around the hurricane! It's great so far and helps keep me busy haha
Your welcome, it was a bit chaotic, but things are starting to settle down. Thanks, I've spent 9 months coming up with the challenges, and a lot has changed then. Which includes changes, and the inclusion of the next challenge which is going to be very different from most.

I didn't even know their was a broken image. They all are showing for me... Which one and maybe I can send it?
The first image right before the announced opening date of Spring 2017.

tcool123

Original Poster
Challenge 3 – Welcome to the Wild
A Nonelimination Challenge

p9-adventure-park.jpg

http://www.thenextmiami.com/20th-ce...rst-phase-of-miami-wild-including-water-park/
page 16, for more information on the currently planned theme park

Welcome time travellers to the your third adventure through time. In this challenge we will be looking out for potential forming riffs in the city of Miami. You may be wondering what theme park is currently in Miami, but that's where the problem lies. Three potential rifts, and time travellers you must choose which year you visit. You must save the park known as 20th Century Adventure Park located in Miami Wilds before it even starts construction.

Now how exactly to save this park? You must design the park from scratch with any of the following years, and of course the catches that come with it.
Opening Year #1: 1982 – Must in some way be part zoo similar to Busch Gardens and Animal Kingdom. Nearly 200 acres of land, and must use technology of that time. However innovations within believability can be acceptable.
Opening Year #2: 1995 – Must in some way be on a grander scale than other new Florida theme park, Universal Studios Orlando. Nearly 105 acres of land, and must use technology of that time. However innovations within believability can be acceptable.
Opening Year #3: 2021 – Must in some way involve an environmental message in at least one themed area. Nearly 180 acres of land.

chi_by_tcool123-dbmm5bs.png

Now this may sound like a huge undertaking, and you're right it is. Which is why this challenge will be split into three. To receive points for this challenge you must include the following: the opening year, the themes of each land (up to 7 lands), and a description of the first land. This description should include descriptions for store, restaurants, entertainment, and attractions in the first land. Don't worry about the rest of the land descriptions,you just need what they'll be based around. The rest of the lands will come in later challenges.

Additionally since this is a Fox theme park, you can only use Fox IPs along IPs that you can come up with. If you are unsure if an IP can be used due to licensing just contact me via PM, and I'll answer your question.

Time travellers you have until September 22nd, Friday to complete this project. It will be due at 11:59 PM. If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask . Good luck travellers, and hopefully you will all survive the wilds.

Lastly I'd like thank guest judge @kmbmw777 for judging this challenge.​

Last edited:

tcool123

Original Poster
For the water park opening in 1995, what's that crossroad at the top? I want to pull it up on my computer but can't tell if that second number is a 3 or a 5! Thanks!
Well if it helps each opening year is supposed to be alternate timeline for the main theme park. So you will pick one opening year for that theme park, and design it with the potential themes that would work for the opening year. For example you could use say Rio for the park that opens in 2021, but not the one in 1982. In other words its not the water park your designing, but rather the amusement park known as Adventure Park.

The street would be SW 152nd Street, Miami Florida. Or you can type in Zoo Miami, and find each plot that way.

AceAstro

Well if it helps each opening year is supposed to be alternate timeline for the main theme park. So you will pick one opening year for that theme park, and design it with the potential themes that would work for the opening year. For example you could use say Rio for the park that opens in 2021, but not the one in 1982. In other words its not the water park your designing, but rather the amusement park known as Adventure Park.

The street would be SW 152nd Street, Miami Florida. Or you can type in Zoo Miami, and find each plot that way.
Ohhh okay, I misunderstood that part! Thanks!

tcool123

Original Poster
Bonus 2 – Film Maker Studios

MV.jpg

Create a 4D film attraction for any of the many theme parks or amusement parks in Florida. You may use up to five sentences, and one image. This bonus is due September 22nd, Friday at 11:59 AM. If you turn in this bonus challenge you will receive: 2 points if your current total is 0, or 1 point if is not 0.​

StevenU

Bonus 2 – Film Maker Studios

View attachment 230133

Create a 4D film attraction for any of the many theme parks or amusement parks in Florida. You may use up to five sentences, and one image. This bonus is due September 22nd, Friday at 11:59 AM. If you turn in this bonus challenge you will receive: 2 points if your current total is 0, or 1 point if is not 0.​
Godzilla vs Kong in 4D!
1435272903618102.png

Experience the once in a lifetime event as Godzilla faces off with his arch rival King Kong in a battle to the death on Skull Island. While wearing your 3D glasses, the guests will sit in an indoor cave as you watch King and Godzilla fight in front of you, before you're picked up and thrown into the action where special effects take over and you have to run for your life before you become a casualty. This will be an epic addition to Universal's Islands of Adventure in Orlando!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom