A Terror-rific Spirited 13th (ToT fans have lots to fear)...

Disneyhead'71

I am sorry this whole E ticket, D Ticket, C Ticket discussion is moot. Tickets as we all know have been long eliminated. The attaching of Tickets tiers to attractions is dated and subjective. My version of an E ticket and your version is different. We all operate from a different definition of an E ticket.

So we have to start by having a consensus on what is an E ticket, before we can bicker about what is or is not an E Ticket. One poster had four standard he or she proposed:
Story
Tech
Scale
Immersion

What does each of those mean? Story: The attraction has a continuous narrative that begins prior to entering the queue and continues through the entire experience. ( that could include anything) So let's narrow it down, what do we mean by story? Cohesiveness of story telling? Whether the quality of the story requies prior knowledge? Does it read like Shakespeare or a fan fiction. I don't know know if story is good enough of a descriptor. Maybe theming or cohesiveness?

Tech: highest tech currently? Does that reduce pirates or Mansion to a D, certainlyFrozen ever after's tech or Avatars tech or even the ever loathed little mermaid contains better objective tech if only due to age? Hard to say tech is a bench mark either?

Scale: Does this mean length of the attraction, ambition of the attraction, size of the attraction?

Immersion: this one I think is actually the strongest of the proposed makers.

MY point here is it is so subjective its nearly futile for us to talk about it without a common definition.
The only people that seem confused as to what an E Ticket is are WDW fans. DLR fans get it. UOR fans get it. And then there are the "special" WDW fans calling a kiddie coaster an E Ticket.

wdwgreek

Story: Does it take guests to a different world that has sequences flow from one to another? Does it give the guest an emotional or physical journey through a world? Does this journey contain a beginning, middle, and an end?

Tech: Does it use sophisticated technology to tell this story? Using your example of Mermaid vs Pirates. One has dozens of animated figures throughout the foreground and background of the ride. The other has static fish attached to walls and most moving figures have limited movement.

Scale: Does this feel like a big ride or something more intimate? Does it inspire some sort of awe.

Immersion: Does the guest fully enter the world of the attraction? Does the design of the ride, vehicle, queue, and other details all support the story? Is the guest's experience in this world the focus of the attraction?
So let's use Stich as an example:

1. It has a clear beginning middle and end, and goes through great lengths to guide you along the story. You are a Recruit at the tommorowland recruiting center. You certainly have an emotional reaction, you are frightened, you laughs and yes some cry.
2. It certainly feels intimate

3. Its pretty immersive

4. Tech: the Stich AA is remarkable by any measure.

So Stich must be an E ticket? See my point is your markers are way way to subjective. even in you definitions of the teams there are more terms that need to be defined. Like does it inspire aw? Well to whom? Whom is our subject from which we view aw. Its all subjective. It is not objective standard or a series of subjective factors with objective tests. This is the problem with the E ticket convoy, any one can twist anything to fit into whatever category they like now.

wdwgreek

The only people that seem confused as to what an E Ticket is are WDW fans. DLR fans get it. UOR fans get it. And then there are the "special" WDW fans calling a kiddie coaster an E Ticket.
Great since I am a little confused myself, can you give me a definition or cetera with objective considerations as to rebut the fanboys who call a kiddie coaster an e ticket?

Professortango1

So let's use Stich as an example:

1. It has a clear beginning middle and end, and goes through great lengths to guide you along the story. You are a Recruit at the tommorowland recruiting center. You certainly have an emotional reaction, you are frightened, you laughs and yes some cry.
2. It certainly feels intimate

3. Its pretty immersive

4. Tech: the Stich AA is remarkable by any measure.

So Stich must be an E ticket? See my point is your markers are way way to subjective. even in you definitions of the teams there are more terms that need to be defined. Like does it inspire aw? Well to whom? Whom is our subject from which we view aw. Its all subjective. It is not objective standard or a series of subjective factors with objective tests. This is the problem with the E ticket convoy, any one can twist anything to fit into whatever category they like now.

Stitch IS an E-ticket. Nobody argues if Alien Encounter was an E-ticket and Stitch is the same attraction. Is it a good E-ticket? Not in my opinion, but that doesn't change the fact is qualifies as an E-ticket by most standards.

wdwgreek

Stitch IS an E-ticket. Nobody argues if Alien Encounter was an E-ticket and Stitch is the same attraction. Is it a good E-ticket? Not in my opinion, but that doesn't change the fact is qualifies as an E-ticket by most standards.
So an E ticket doesn't necessarily have to be a good attraction, that's an interesting twist. How would delineate a D ticket form a n E ticket. Is thunder mountain the D to SPlash Mountains E? or is 7 Drawfs a D to Thunder Mountains E?

I'll repeat my point without knowing and having a set of factors to consider that middle away as much as possible subjective considerations how can we really assess the difference between a d and an E? I like to think Country bears for example is still an E is it though? I guess your benchmark makes it an E?

Disneyhead'71

Although, I think Stitch would be a solid "D". The scope and scale fall short for an "E".

And yes, the is such a thing as a bad E Ticket. Or lesser E Tickets. And what I call "legacy" E Tickets. Which are "E"s because of the tech when they were made and iconic status such as IASW. Tiki Room is a tough one. When it was made it was a tech wonder. Now, you have to lock the doors to get people to stay through the show.

Professortango1

So an E ticket doesn't necessarily have to be a good attraction, that's an interesting twist. How would delineate a D ticket form a n E ticket. Is thunder mountain the D to SPlash Mountains E? or is 7 Drawfs a D to Thunder Mountains E?

I'll repeat my point without knowing and having a set of factors to consider that middle away as much as possible subjective considerations how can we really assess the difference between a d and an E? I like to think Country bears for example is still an E is it though? I guess your benchmark makes it an E?

Big Thunder is tricky, as are most older attractions. Country Bears and Tiki Room obviously have a more old-fashion folksy charm, but the scale is still large in a more intimate setting.

Big Thunder doesn't have a strong story element, but the new finale at DL and soon WDW does help give the ending some punch. I think Big Thunder's scale is what helps make up for other lacking elements as the ride does feel larger than life and a "must do" for most guests do to the scale of the attraction. The constant train audio does help keep the ride from being just a western themed coaster.

Disneyhead'71

Bad E Ticket=Antarctica: Empire of the Penguins.

MrPromey

Just seems rather dismissive of people to say that price increases are okay at Universal but not at Disney when both parks are building right now.

Local here too but when I buy an annual pass for 2016, I consider it a ticket to what is open and running in 2016 - not an investment in Disney's future development.

We may have to agree to disagree but in my opinion, tickets are for guests to enjoy what's actually there for them to do and stocks are for investors to buy into the future.

In most of the free world, for most products, prices go up (beyond inflation) AFTER you have added value - not before and not just because you've announced that there will be more value some day (after prices have gone up a few more times in the future).

The problem for me as I see it is that Disney will raise prices before, during, during, during, during, during, during, during... and after.

I get that World showcase still looks nice, that Disney has monorails and beautiful landscaping and ferry boats and all this stuff all over that cost huge sums of money to set up and continue to cost huge sums of money to maintain - that there are theme building elements at play that are top notch. That's why most of us became fans of WDW to begin with but today, it's mostly all stuff that's been there for decades.

If price increases were in line with inflation for the purpose of maintaining these wonderful things while keeping a healthy profit going, I don't think the complaints would be quite so high.

That's not what's happening, though.

As you said, maybe it's just a difference in opinion.

Professortango1

Although, I think Stitch would be a solid "D". The scope and scale fall short for an "E".

And yes, the is such a thing as a bad E Ticket. Or lesser E Tickets. And what I call "legacy" E Tickets. Which are "E"s because of the tech when they were made and iconic status such as IASW. Tiki Room is a tough one. When it was made it was a tech wonder. Now, you have to lock the doors to get people to stay through the show.

I think Stitch still has a large scale feel with the large arena, pre-show, and giant moving cannons and AA. It's not enjoyable, but the ride does have the same scale as Alien Encounter, just no longer life-threatening. While the cleaning up of the attraction does diminish the scale somewhat, I personally still thinks the ride feels much bigger than Laugh Floor next door or Buzz Lightyear.

Disneyhead'71

Another tell tale signs that you are entering an E Ticket is the facade.
haunted-mansion-00.jpg

indiana-jones-adventure-tokyo-japan-may-aztec-pyramid-tokyo-disneysea-enhanced-motion-vehicle-dark-ride-attraction-51694898.jpg

filename-dscn3227-jpg.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom