A Spirited Valentine ...

janoimagine

Yes a few years back WDW offered an additional 3 months on AP renewals I dont recall If this was also offered for 'new' AP's

Of course we let our AP's expire back in 2015... with the attraction and service cuts no intention of buying ticket media in the forseeable future
Sadly we did the same. We did 3 days at the parks followed by a Disney Cruise Nov 2016. The Cruise Line for now is the Gold Standard that Parks and Resorts or for that matter old school Disney use to be ... but you pay for it. But I will gladly pay extra for that level of quality, not the garbage they are trying to pass off in O-Town as 'Quality'.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Sadly we did the same. We did 3 days at the parks followed by a Disney Cruise Nov 2016. The Cruise Line for now is the Gold Standard that Parks and Resorts or for that matter old school Disney use to be ... but you pay for it. But I will gladly pay extra for that level of quality, not the garbage they are trying to pass off in O-Town as 'Quality'.

Exactly I don't mind paying for quality but I do mind being charged four seasons prices for motel 6 service

Soarin' Over Pgh

A Disney vacation in Florida is not worth the expense with the current management, food quality and revenue-loss prevention measures they've taken over the past few years (but have become quite noticeable more so in the past year).

As much as I'm itching to see Pandora, reality has a firm grip on my finances and after the disaster that was my last trip, it's gonna take more than that to convince me to spend big in that part of Orlando again.

The ever popular annual price hikes hasn't helped either.

Joe

I'm only visiting this planet.
Premium Member
A Disney vacation in Florida is not worth the expense with the current management, food quality and revenue-loss prevention measures they've taken over the past few years (but have become quite noticeable more so in the past year).

As much as I'm itching to see Pandora, reality has a firm grip on my finances and after the disaster that was my last trip, it's gonna take more than that to convince me to spend big in that part of Orlando again.

But they do serve pierogies and a Primanti Brothers like sandwich at the ESPN club.

PhotoDave219

I don't have the time, or inclination, to go back a dozen pages and start deleting/editing posts. You all know that you need to leave politics out of the discussions. Apparently, not all of you can be trusted to follow the rules. If people can't do so, they will be asked to leave.

I changed my mind, and deleted a lot of posts. You all know why, so please don't start complaining. And, yes, I've missed some, so please don't start the "How come THAT post is still there when you deleted mine?"

See, what happens when I take my shinebox home and stay off-line? You end up with more work. ;)

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

Exactly it's that the cuts have become noticeable by even the casual guest. Like changing the bread in the Tonga Toast. That's a signature dish and most restaurateurs cherish their signature dishes as that drives traffic. But Disney assumes that guests will come no matter what. Earlier in the thread another poster noted that resort restaurants are seeing a large decline in business because of DS that's probably true but changes in signature dishes also don't help because if your favorite dish changes markedly it's not your favorite anymore and you go elsewhere.

It's the little things that made Disney and it's the little things that will destroy them.

Sears is another example management took away all the touches that made Sears well Sears even had the same huge stock buyback program at the top of the market. But because of the changes and quality cuts their most loyal customers abandoned them and now they are circling the bowl.

Last edited:

the.dreamfinder

Exactly it's that the cuts have become noticeable by even the casual guest. Like changing the bread in the Tonga Toast. That's a signature dish and most restaurateurs cherish their signature dishes as that drives traffic. But Disney assumes that guests will come no matter what. Earlier in the thread another poster noted that resort restaurants are seeing a large decline in business because of DS that's probably true but changes in signature dishes also don't help because if your favorite dish changes markedly it's not your favorite anymore and you go elsewhere
This is why we don't go to the Brown Derby anymore.

The_Jobu

Exactly it's that the cuts have become noticeable by even the casual guest. Like changing the bread in the Tonga Toast. That's a signature dish and most restaurateurs cherish their signature dishes as that drives traffic. But Disney assumes that guests will come no matter what. Earlier in the thread another poster noted that resort restaurants are seeing a large decline in business because of DS that's probably true but changes in signature dishes also don't help because if your favorite dish changes markedly it's not your favorite anymore and you go elsewhere.

It's the little things that made Disney and it's the little things that will destroy them.

Sears is another example management took away all the touches that made Sears well Sears even had the same huge stock buyback program at the top of the market. But because of the changes and quality cuts their most loyal customers abandoned them and now they are circling the bowl.

Most noticeable to me is the staff cuts. In 2015 I went to MK for the first time in a decade, even though it was July 4th and the place was packed, I spent less time in lines than when I returned in late April 2016.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Most noticeable to me is the staff cuts. In 2015 I went to MK for the first time in a decade, even though it was July 4th and the place was packed, I spent less time in lines than when I returned in late April 2016.

Yup that's what the normals are seeing and it's not making a good impression because every day now feels like a crowd level 8-9 irrespective of actual gate rather than the old ebb and flow

Sonconato

I'm going to guess that a huge part of the reason for this noticeable change is that parking is now free to ALL of the Florida Resident Passes, from "Epcot After 4" on up, which started around October 2015. That's when we noticed a huge change in the uptick in crowd level, in which now there seems to be no relief whatsoever. It really makes time spent in the Parks not so enjoyable.

Last edited:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I'm going to guess that a huge part of the reason for this noticeable change is that parking is now free to ALL of the Florida Resident Passes, from "Epcot After 4" on up, which started around October 2015. That's when we noticed a huge change in the uptick in crowd level, in which now there seems to be no relief whatsoever. It really makes time spent in the Parks not so enjoyable.

MM+ has a larger effect in that staffing is believed to be calculated to be the minimum required to serve the predicted crowd for that day based on MM+ reservations hence lines are long no matter what the actual crowds are.

peter11435

MM+ has a larger effect in that staffing is believed to be calculated to be the minimum required to serve the predicted crowd for that day based on MM+ reservations hence lines are long no matter what the actual crowds are.
MM+ has little to do with it. Staffing levels have long been set based on the minimum required for the projected attendance. Their attendance projections are no more accurate now then they were before MM+. Attraction staffing is based on overall park attendance and does not take into account Fastpass selections.

The problem now has nothing to do with MM+ but rather an overall desire to reduce costs primarily labor costs.

flyerjab

I've been reading rumors all morning about Pop Century being turned into a AoA expansion? Also saw a tweet making rounds claiming that 70% of the resorts are going to be receiving a facelift

The 70% comment reminds me of what @articos spoke about in another thread. He hinted that changes were coming to WDW resorts. Something about Chappie not being happy with the state of the resorts and that they need to be improved.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom