A Spirited Perfect Ten

WDW1974

Original Poster
They own 43% of the resort and are the majority shareholder of the company responsible for ops/management.

It's not exactly a secret they are in the passenger seat at this resort from an ownership perspective (though not to the extreme as Tokyo), why this is suddenly a shocking revelation in this thread, I don't know.

getting close to film time ... but the comparison is off, Brian.

Disney IS largely in the driver's seat in Tokyo, despite not owning one single percent of TDR. That's why OLC has standards that Disney gave up on 20-plus years ago stateside. They have no choice.

And Disney's 70% control of the management company was put in place precisely to limit Shendi's control of the operation. And it's working just splendidly ...

the.dreamfinder

PhotoDave219

Theme Park Insider has more details, including the proposed pricing calendar.
http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201505/4581/

When the crowd is spread out the way it is, how the hell can then justify it?

Seriously... there's no off season, so how on earth do they think they can charge for different times of the year?

So glad I saved @lentesta's Crowd Distribution Calendar..... these are the times for it.

Edit: Turns out I got that Survey but Somehow they're looking for Users that feature a Different Profile

Attachments

• Crowd-Calendar-Spiral.jpg
    Crowd-Calendar-Spiral.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 82

WDW1974

Original Poster
We can agree to disagree on that. Having worked with analysts directly from the corporate side the vast majority are far from lazy. That's just a silly statement. I never met one who only used the press releases as gospel, but I don't know every analyst out there so maybe some do. I would doubt they would be employed very long.

What I think the general public fails to realize is that the hour of questions after the earnings call isn't the end of questions coming in from analysts. Public companies generally have an entire department of investor relations people answering analyst questions. We don't really know what questions about TWDC have been asked and answered in private. Having been on the other side of the questions I can tell you it's far from an open book and certain questions will simply be answered with no comment or corporate spin, but there are definitely times when analysts will get detailed responses back. It often depends on who the analyst is and who they represent.

And so long as the numbers look good -- and Disney's look great (unless you really CHOOSE to take some of them apart) -- there is nothing to be gained for any analyst to not be a de facto PR rep. I know folks who do this too!

If someone calls Disney from NYC and wants to ask Bob or Tom questions about Shanghai, then Zenia is going to get very nasty and remind them of that week at the Grand Flo last summer with the plaid waiting in the lobby to backdoor them onto any/everything and all the free stuff waiting every day when they returned. And those questions will go unanswered ...

DisneyOutsider

Yeah but its been proved that there arent days where they have low demand. They average 50k+

I know that the Express Pass or whatever it's called at Uni has a sliding scale of pricing based on demand.

I agree that there's really no time when it's dead, but there's a big difference between an average day and the 2-3 weeks of Christmas traffic.

It seems they may be searching for policies that can eventually level off the attendance to be close to the same year-round.

Iwerks64

That's not true. The rumor being floated is the opposite, that the CCP/Shendi demanded Disney pay higher wages. I'm still trying to ascertain if there's any truth to that at all.
I wouldn't be surprised if Shendi demanded Disney pay higher wages. First, because they can (in an "I'm going to show you who's in charge here" way). But probably because Of Disney's "unreasonable" requests (like "use concrete to spec" and "use the proper amount and type of rebar" and "don't house the workers 8 to a room in an 8x8' space" and "make sure the workers are actually working"). When I've built factories in China, I had to constantly double check every element of construction. If you've been in a lot of Chinese facilities, you'll agree with my theory on dog-years. Most Chinese buildings look 7 times as old as they actually are.

Last edited:

PhotoDave219

I know that the Express Pass or whatever it's called at Uni has a sliding scale of pricing based on demand.

I agree that there's really no time when it's dead, but there's a big difference between an average day and the 2-3 weeks of Christmas traffic.

It seems they may be searching for policies that can eventually level off the attendance to be close to the same year-round.

I'm not sure I agree with that.....

WDW1974

Original Poster
Mentioned Spirit as recently as yesterday!

Putting me in the same category as Jim Hill truly makes my skin crawl. I wonder what he got 'paid' in freebies for his 'coverage' of DL's 60th. ... And I don't know who westcoasternet is (I still don't know many of the online 'personalities'). But Phil hates anyone/everyone who is at all critical of Disney (even if you say 98 positive things, he'll attack you over the two negative) and sorta thinks the characters, especially the Princesses, are real. He'd definitely get a chapter in my book!

WDW1974

Original Poster

Kman101

I see how we can't have nice things, like variety in food ... it's a shame so many can't get out of their comfort zone and try something different. I saw the guy from the site that can't be named but it's similar to EZ ... there apparently isn't enough places in AK to get a burger. Because that's what most people want.

Sigh.

PhotoDave219

In the past year, I've been there the first week of May during and I've been there the week of Christmas.... Night and Day difference.

Yeah and I've lived there. 7 of the past 10 years. (Edit: I moved away in Jan)

In fact, I would say that this past Christmas season wasn't as busy as some in the past.

I would say that every day it feels like the middle of the summer crowd.

DisneyOutsider

Yeah and I've lived there. 7 of the past 10 years. (Edit: I moved away in Jan)

In fact, I would say that this past Christmas season wasn't as busy as some in the past.

I would say that every day it feels like the middle of the summer crowd.

Ah, I see. I guess we're drawing from completely different experiences.

I really didn't start going regularly until the best 2.5 years. But still, despite the pleasant December weather, the May crowds felt much more pleasant and roomy.

PhotoDave219

Ah, I see. I guess we're drawing from completely different experiences.

I really didn't start going regularly until the best 2.5 years. But still, despite the pleasant December weather, the May crowds felt much more pleasant and roomy.

I'm so sorry. The crowds from 04-07 were much more pleasant.

I get your point, early May is rather nice. Mid June isnt.

My point is that there isn't any time of year that they can say has reduced demand. There's damn busy, even busier, and "Oh Hell No."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom