A Spirited Perfect Ten

Zac Skellington

The first sentence I wrote was just a question. The second sentence is something that irks me.
The guys working the soundboard for the band in Morocco started heading over, but didn't do much. As far as I know, the drunks went on to Germany and caused more trouble.
An elderly man did pull out his phone and record. If I were the one being ganged up on, I'd be happy to have the video evidence to support my actions.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
The idea is to have guests experience a limited number of total attractions (rides) per day. This keeps the guests spending and actively in the parks for a longer period of time. This adds valuable meal, snack, and shopping time to the day. Remember, the goal is to get more out of each guests wallet. It also means they can run the staff levels much lower.

*1023*

Our touring style has always been relaxed, We've never enjoyed 'commando' touring however we USED to enjoy eating and shopping at the parks. But since MM+ has come into play and menus and merchandise has been homogenized what's the POINT of going into multiple stores all with the same merchandise seen in the LAST store. I'm not going to buy a pair of overpriced flipflops or $400 sunglasses at WDW I'm not going to order the pot roast which is identical at 3 venues in the same bloody park (yes it's very tasty but...). GIVE ME A REASON to eat at ALL the restaurants and no the DDP is not a reason.

The problem with MM+ is they broke the other two elements which were necessary to make this idea work, If the stores carried unique merchandise and the food options were varied I might spend more time/money in the park, Instead it's do the FP+'s and head back to the resort and eat in the room or offsite.

As I've said in another thread I used to need our resort limit bumped a couple times during a 10 day stay, Since 2013 that has not been necessary.

We see attendance climbing yet we see PCGS stagnate or eke out a tiny gain and in some cases PRGS also is anemic these are not trends of a successful project. This MIGHT have worked if you went back to the old way of running the park where each B/U was not competing against each other for 'efficiencies'.

Seabasealpha1

In 21 years, Eisner grew Disney's company-wide revenue by 1829%, from $1.656B to $31.944B, a compound annual growth rate of 15.1%.

In 10 years, Iger has grown company-wide revenue by 64%, from $31.944B to $52.465B, a compound annual growth rate of 5.1%.

Eisner created the mega conglomerate now known as The Walt Disney Company. Eisner created the modern Walt Disney World.

Iger stabilized a company that was reeling from a post-9/11 economy and an Eisner that had made enemies with pretty much everyone.

Beyond the numbers, it's really not difficult to recognize that Eisner grew P&R by so much more than Iger.

Under Eisner, P&R added:
  • Disney-MGM Studios
  • Disney Animal Kingdom
  • Euro Disneyland
  • Disney's California Adventure
  • Hong Kong Disneyland
  • Typhoon Lagoon
  • Blizzard Beach
  • Wide World of Sports
  • Downtown Disney (in its modern configuration)
  • Disney Magic
  • Disney Wonder
  • 18 hotels or timeshares at WDW
Under Iger, P&R added (or will have added):
  • Shanghai Disneyland
  • Disney Dream
  • Disney Fantasy
Yes, Iger added lands and attractions. So did Eisner.

The point is, Eisner added a lot while Iger mostly reconfigured what was already there.

I will say this...carefully and lightly...don't chop my head off folks...

Sometimes I miss that Eisner guy...just a little...not as much as we all miss Walt...but you know...sometimes I miss that guy a bit...it was a different time...to be sure...

ThemeParkJunkee

I have just successfully used my "other credit card" to upgrade us to first class for our Caribbean vacation this spring and have transitioned back to the Disney Visa to pay for our 2018 trip. Strangely, my husband is hugely into Avatar. We will do our usual split trip to Universal and I am looking forward to all things new there.

Cesar R M

Just a side thought on crowd levels.... The only possible explanation I have anymore for MK's dramatic rise of peak times would be Disney basing the staffing level for attractions by using NextGen as a baseline, therefore causing longer lines. I mean 112 peak days (8+) or 35% of the entire year? That more than doubles last years total of 52 and 2013's total of 62.

DHS seems inflated due to attractions closing as well as the same reason - staffing manipulation.

318 days in for the years and I wanna beat my head against a wall. Wasn't it Tom Staggs that said the reason they did the Fantasyland expansion was an effort to reduce wait times after seeing something negative about MK in the summer in Oprah's magazine? Yet they turn around and use the NextGen project to develop staffing levels that keep lines artificially high.

What a giant clusterduck.

Edit: These things make me angry for stupid reasons and is why I dont look hardcore at the numbers anymore.

What happened to Disney being the Gold Standard of Guest Service?
it flew the window as Iger was too busy hugging his stock buybacks and severance packages. :hilarious:

Today in front of Morocco, a fight nearly broke out without anyone from security every showing up. For nearly 4 minutes two drunks were screaming every banned word imaginable at some other dude for bumping into one of them. They've upped security at bag check, but can't deal with the local Florida trash...
So, we got a clown climbing the pyramid, now drunks fighting.

. People grabbed their children and got out of there. You sound like you're suggesting that the paying guest should risk injury to do WDW's job.
Agree.. also the danger of being sued for "assaulting" the drunks when actually trying to stop them.

FigmentForver96

no surprise.. considering how much banging he got for leaking stuff and confirming rumours by the "usual suspects".
usual suspects that are now targeting you in their laser sights.
It makes you wonder why they feel the need to attack like they do. Can they not stand the fact that Disney isn't the beautiful magical company on the inside that people would like to think? It's just funny to watch certain people go on the offense so quickly, but thank God for that ignore button...made my life better

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
It makes you wonder why they feel the need to attack like they do. Can they not stand the fact that Disney isn't the beautiful magical company on the inside that people would like to think? It's just funny to watch certain people go on the offense so quickly, but thank God for that ignore button...made my life better

It's simple really many are CM's or CP'ers and Disney was the first time they were part of something amazing that was bigger than they were, To criticize it is to attack part of their identity. For us it's a really special place that's changing in our opinion for the worse, We criticize in an largely futile attempt to have it change course back to what it was in the pre-Iger(and 'bad MDE) days.

JediMasterMatt

Shame WDW won't get this overlay...

I'd just be happy to have MK's SM get a refurb that would even allow this to be a possibility. MK's SM giant dome could house an incredible SM if it was given a proper budget and more importantly - the time offline to make it happen.

Instead, we'd be lucky if TDO would find another poor capacity ride to do a popular property makeover - like Maelstrom to Frozen. Here's looking forward to next year's Season of the Force in Orlando featuring Adventureland's new The Force Carpets of Luke Skywalker.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I am jealous! That should be in every park! So awesome! And really so simple to do.

Yeah, once you've upgraded the attraction's core effects... something WDW cheap'd out on during the 'major' SM refurb. DL's has screens, projectors, and onboard music that can be reprogrammed for different shows.. WDW's SM.. well its not supposed to fall apart now and the solution to light leakage was to just black out everything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom