A Spirited Perfect Ten

brb1006

If it wasn't supposed to be canon, why even include Lilo at all?
I think its because the anime takes place years after the events of the movies including the animated series. Another reason might be because the anime wanted to give more focus on Stitch and make him the main character since the original film,the sequel, and the animated series mostly focuses on Lilo's relationship with Nani and dealing with her the girls who dislike her. But those of my guesses, this could also explain why Stitch talks in full sentences in the anime and has a bigger role.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I'm in the business, I know how ad rates work.

The thing that has sent Wall Street in a tizzy is ESPN losing subscribers. That's happening because everybody's cable bills are ridiculous and nobody wants to pay that.
I'm in the business, I know how ad rates work.

The thing that has sent Wall Street in a tizzy is ESPN losing subscribers. That's happening because everybody's cable bills are ridiculous and nobody wants to pay that.

I know you do, There is also a LOT of buzz in the business press about ESPN's falling ad rates, driven by loss of subs mainly and secondly the ratings of the ESPN networks tanking.

PhotoDave219

I know you do, There is also a LOT of buzz in the business press about ESPN's falling ad rates, driven by loss of subs mainly and secondly the ratings of the ESPN networks tanking.

I think you'll see ESPN doing what HBO go did and move to a subscription cord cutter package soon. They already have a streaming package, comes with your cable sub.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I think you'll see ESPN doing what HBO go did and move to a subscription cord cutter package soon. They already have a streaming package, comes with your cable sub.

I ditched the movie networks long ago lots of money for stuff I rarely watch, I'm probably one of the original 'cord shavers' I simply don't watch much TV too busy actually making stuff and commenting here :)

PhotoDave219

They took their profits and ran. How many shares do you suppose the Bob Iger sold from his portfolio.

I didnt hear of any.

Someone correct me if I'm off base but doesnt the SEC require filings if company officers sell their stock?

I look at this as a hickup. Consumer Products & licensing is gonna have a great Q1FY16. Studios should as well. Its the prime season for ESPN.

The past month of "up, up, up, up" was bound to burst.

Mouse Trap

I didnt hear of any.

Someone correct me if I'm off base but doesnt the SEC require filings if company officers sell their stock?

I look at this as a hickup. Consumer Products & licensing is gonna have a great Q1FY16. Studios should as well. Its the prime season for ESPN.

The past month of "up, up, up, up" was bound to burst.

You are 100% correct. Iger sold nothing. He's not an idiot, he knows the trouble he'd be in if he sold right before earnings.

Mouse Trap

I brought this up in the earnings thread, but figured it would get a little more attention and some better opinions here.

Rumored Apple presentation to occur in September, and the rumors are swirling we'll see a new iPhone AND the long rumored Apple streaming TV package. Rumors surfaced a few months ago Disney was in talks with Apple to carry all of their content and I'm wondering if all of Iger's ESPN talk before and after earnings was subtle hint and whats to come. I'm sure Apple tied everyone up with NDA's until September.

EDIT: Newest and more reliable articles indicate Apple's September will just be a newer version of the Apple TV we are currently familiar with. Early 2016 will bring streaming service.

Bairstow

Still better than the Enchanted Tiki Room (Under New Management) where we hear Iago talk through the majority of the show.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TP60T-XbUS4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I actually kind of like Stitch Tiki Room, at least from what I can see in the videos.
It's certainly not actively offensive like New Management was. Instead of beginning the show by telling you're dumb for having liked the old show, Stitch interrupts the show because he wants to join in, not because he wants to change it, which, if we're trying to respect the original attraction, is an important distinction. Plus all the music is still ostensibly Hawaiian themed instead of everything but and the Stitch figure looks really impressive.

Sharpen your sticks if you must, but I honestly wouldn't mind it if they ported Tiki Room stitch to the Magic Kingdom if Great Escape closes.

...also, you Disney nerds out there, was New Management the origin of Trader Sam's Uh-Oha, or is it a reference to something earlier?

Last edited:

StageFrenzy

Not that ESPN.com was ever the greatest website ever, but it truly sucks now. I went looking for some news on my favorite team everything is tweets and videos. I don't want to read tweets or watch videos, I want some actual sports reporting. I guess that's why my visits to ESPN.com have gone from daily to once a week. They even suck for looking up scores now, it is easier to just google the two teams involved or event.

Brer Panther

Tahu's post makes me hope that Moana features a wacky talking parrot as the heroine's sidekick.

But with our luck, it'll probably be some hooved animal that acts like a dog.

Fantasmicguy

Scraping the bottom of the barrel, much . If it didn't work the first time what makes them think it will work a second unless they get REEEEALLY lucky like with POTC.
But it was a made for tv movie that had little to do with the twilight zone. It was actually fairly good in its own right. So there's no real reason to not give another go

PhotoDave219

Not that ESPN.com was ever the greatest website ever, but it truly sucks now. I went looking for some news on my favorite team everything is tweets and videos. I don't want to read tweets or watch videos, I want some actual sports reporting. I guess that's why my visits to ESPN.com have gone from daily to once a week. They even suck for looking up scores now, it is easier to just google the two teams involved or event.

ESPN Will be just fine. They have a stranglehold on sports.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom