A Spirited Perfect Ten

the.dreamfinder

I mentioned him a mix between PTN and Dreamlights... he's gonna do his best, but he just doesn't know when it will be finished.
Pick two.
1042px-Project-triangle.svg.png

VJ

Mostly because this is not a Star Wars forum and...... I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those that try to ruin the new Star Wars films. And you will know I am a dark lord of the sith when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
Hasn't stopped people from talking about movies in this thread before.. I've always seen it as a kind of "any Disney discussion (and some non-Disney discussion) goes" thread. But yes, spoilers will be met with great resistance from the Dave Lord of the Spoilers.

PhotoDave219

Hasn't stopped people from talking about movies in this thread before.. I've always seen it as a kind of "any Disney discussion (and some non-Disney discussion) goes" thread. But yes, spoilers will be met with great resistance from the Dave Lord of the Spoilers.

Well maybe for once we're actually trying to stay on topic? It may have taken 1100 pages and a video released by Shanghai Disney but dear lord, we
May stay on topic.

It is kinda the point of a threaded, moderated, message board.

PhotoDave219

I know I'm eagerly awaiting the Shangahi announcement on the 15th..... Interesting to see how Sam Lau plays into the dynamic between Shendi and the mouse.

71jason

I find myself obligated on occasion to point out that the parade is 40 years old and the fireworks show is 10 years old only to us. The completely or dangerously obsessed Disney fan.

I agree on the fireworks, actually, but come on, that parade screams 1970s. I'm not sure Gen Y parents recognize Elliot, forget about their kids. Obviously every iconic character from the past 30 years is excluded, which is even more glaring when you realize the last iconic characters before Ariel and Belle were at least 20 years earlier. And the corny bicentennial final float with its synth Stars & Stripes Forever couldn't be any more "1976" if it featured the Bee Gees in full Studio 54 regalia.

Casual guests may miss small details, but not going to miss the mothball scent coming off that parade.

BrianLo

Terra Server has fairly recent updated aerials of SDL (June 2015). The quality is awful, so not the best indication of how complete it is, just an indication of which new buildings have popped up and where they have planted some trees.

Pretty much identical to these long ago leaked plans,with just a few changes.

Missing: East and Westside performance Venues (these have always been billed as temporary and may have been cut in favour of expansion).
Missing: TSPL (only the large square building is present, not sure what it was earmarked for to begin with). No site prep or land clearing has occurred for any rides.
New: Odd shaped building in former open area of TSPL abutting tomorrowland.
New: Small Gazebo-like formation on proposed pathway to Westside performance venue. Approximately spinner/carousel size.

Edit: Oh - and in case it wasn't implied, there isn't 800million dollars worth of offerings that have appeared overnight. ;)

But, on a good note, everything of value is still there and the one thing we weren't so keen on hasn't appeared, so I see that as a win.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom