A Spirited Dirty Dozen ...

yaksplat

I have tried In-N-Out and must say, it did not live up to expectations. Its quality is just below five guys.

If that's the case, In-N-out must be pretty bad. 5 Guys just opened a few places around Buffalo, NY and it's got to be the most over hyped and under delivering burger joint that I've been to. I was thoroughly unimpressed compared to all of the local burger places.

Nemo14

Why would anyone visit Rhode Island?
(Haven't been there since I was about 9 ... so about 20 years ago!) :D;):cool:
15 minutes on I-95 between the New York suburbs (Connecticut) and the Boston suburbs (The rest of Mass)

But we have the Big Blue Bug!
th

flynnibus

Premium Member
If that's the case, In-N-out must be pretty bad. 5 Guys just opened a few places around Buffalo, NY and it's got to be the most over hyped and under delivering burger joint that I've been to. I was thoroughly unimpressed compared to all of the local burger places.

They're all taken out of context. They are simply 'fast food' done right.. instead of fast out of freezer food. They don't compare to boutique places the same.. nor are they trying to be. They are simply high quality, on demand, line cooked food.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
They're all taken out of context. They are simply 'fast food' done right.. instead of fast out of freezer food. They don't compare to boutique places the same.. nor are they trying to be. They are simply high quality, on demand, line cooked food.

Exactly both In-N-Out and 5 Guys are simply fast food done RIGHT, They are not a local high quality burger joint like 'Bartley's Burger Cottage' in Harvard Square where there is an hour line to get in at dinner time, and they don't pretend to be.

That being said D-Luxe burger's are priced higher than 'Mr Bartleys' as we call it.

If you go to Mr Bartley's get the Lime Rickey it's the real thing!

http://www.mrbartley.com/

PhotoDave219

The name was PM'd - It wasn't hard to dig up just googling against his social media. He's been with Disney P&R for 35 years (mostly DLR, recently HK and now SDL)
I just thought it felt a little invasive to plaster his name on a message board for no real reason beyond curiosity

I understand that. Makes sense.... I was more interested in Job Title and if he was with the company than anything else. And yes.... he's on the payroll. Good to know.

PhotoDave219

Exactly both In-N-Out and 5 Guys are simply fast food done RIGHT, They are not a local high quality burger joint like 'Bartley's Burger Cottage' in Harvard Square where there is an hour line to get in at dinner time, and they don't pretend to be.

That being said D-Luxe burger's are priced higher than 'Mr Bartleys' as we call it.

If you go to Mr Bartley's get the Lime Rickey it's the real thing!

http://www.mrbartley.com/

The ol' in and out, in and out, wink wink nudge nudge, say no more, Roberts your uncle, Frannys your aunt special?

bhg469

Hello fellow buffalonian. If you go to the Walden galleria location, much like the Walden chipotle, you can expect a lesser experience. It seems they just can't staff these places with good workers.

Monorail_Orange

Taken off is right. The amount of bloat in your threads has gotten completely crazy. I may not agree with a lot of what you post, but you do bring up many good talking points. Which then get lost in the nonsense of a handful of posters who, while seemingly agreeing with your general point of view, completely hijack the thread. It's almost like they have a compulsion to see their names on every page of the thread. Meanwhile, most of those posts bring nothing to the table. Makes it an impossible task to keep up with any news or worthwhile discussions happening here.
There was a time I read Spirit's posts with a healthy level of disagreement as well. However, over the course of many years, I have found myself agreeing more and more with him. I think much of that is attributable to Disney and thier increasing shenanigans (primarily, for me at least) at WDW. The latest steps, including the price gouging at QS locations while quality utterly disappears, is adding insult to injury, and as such, still worth our noting in the context of the thread. Something has to give, and the discounts being offered, along with the lack of crowds may just be the harbinger of the coming avalanche. On one hand I hope not, as with the current lot (Iger and his cronies),they may just give up rather than fixing the problems. On the other hand, if attendance and occupancy rates fall off precipitously, it may ultimately force them to actually address the issues. In the meantime, I'll kick back and enjoy the show that is any Spirited thread.

I don't know that I have ever said it before, but I'd like to thank Spirit for sharing the info that he can on here.

PhotoDave219

Well this seems like a good of a place as any to put this…

The Department of Labor has issued new overtime rules. As of December 1, anybody who makes less then $47,000 a year is entitled to overtime pay regardless as to whether they are a salaried employee or an hourly employee.

So all of those guest service managers but Disney hires right out of the college program and tease junk change to in exchange for working 60 hours a week are about to get fairly compensated for their time… Or more fair then it's been in the past.

What does this mean to us? Well… Disney's labor costs are about to go through the roof in all segments, not just theme parks.

tissandtully

Speaking of options and fixings, the fixings bar has been removed from The Mara, which still has great QS food (Disney will raise prices 21% and reduce quality as soon as they read this). I actually had a BBQ burger there and it was very high quality(much better than the burger I should have returned at Lombard's over at UNI a few days earlier) with either fries (that I passed on) or cous cous, which I had. The African chicken salad also got universal praise from my entourage. Just remember, until Disney reads here and does away (or attempts to) you can get a small/kids soft drink for $1.99 at the resorts and fill it five times.

The half-chicken meal at the Mara was always the best value on property, for around 11-12 bucks you got a meal that was the same price as what you'd pay at Boston Market. That was about a year ago, I haven't had a chance to check if it's still that same price, I doubt it though.

tissandtully

Well this seems like a good of a place as any to put this…

The Department of Labor has issued new overtime rules. As of December 1, anybody who makes less then $47,000 a year is entitled to overtime pay regardless as to whether they are a salaried employee or an hourly employee.

So all of those guest service managers but Disney hires right out of the college program and tease junk change to in exchange for working 60 hours a week are about to get fairly compensated for their time… Or more fair then it's been in the past.

What does this mean to us? Well… Disney's labor costs are about to go through the roof in all segments, not just theme parks.

Actually I think Disney will just cut hours like most other places will, basically take their ball and go home.

tissandtully

Earl's is sorta like the Dole Whip of Disney sandwich shops ... so overrated. At DLP, it's a lifesaver because they don't have hardly any QS options and their McD's is pretty much the worst one in Europe! But in O-Town? Bleh ... and they are all over FL. You can't stop at a rest area on the Turnpike to relieve yourself without seeing one. Many malls have them as well. They just are not all that.
I'm a fan of EoS, but I'd never wait in line at Disney Springs to go there, there's one at the mall in Tampa that is never busy, they have really good bread and that's really their selling point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom