A Spirited 15 Rounds ...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Why not complain to the association? You rent DVC points and as such you are considered to be a member of the association.

Because the association no longer listens.

up to about 2012 one could go to the DVC association meeting which was the standard presentation of financials and then the floor would be opened to members to voice their questions and concerns.

Since then its just the presentation and they roll out so called 'refreshments' i.e. Those cookies which look and taste like compressed sawdust.

The floor now is NEVER opened to members. Probably because there would be a tsunami of complaints about the state of the resorts relative to what we are paying for MF's

Last edited:

monykalyn

Questions for CMs here (or anyone who might know):

Are the VERY short hours at MK in October (9 p.m. closings on Saturdays versus midnight and 1 a.m. past years) likely to stand?

Anyone know whether DAK will get EMHs again or did Georgie use all the labor in his budget?

CM (40%) and AP (20 and 30%) dining discounts appear to be ending in September or October. Any word on extensions or a new round of discounting?

Minnie vans. How do they seem to be doing? Failing like Express Buses? Or do they look promising for Disney by getting rubes who don't get that convenient free transportation is why people pay $500 for a $200 room at the BC?

I've heard that EPCOT has been deader than even DHS this summer, but anecdotally. Anyone have a bit more knowledge on the subject?

Thanks to anyone who can help with the above.
Early August trip - we did Soarin' (park opening), TT (FP) Imagination, Seas, (FP)SE, and Mission Space (twice - once with FP for green even though not needed) before 1 pm. Lunch in WS- husband and son got a walk up table at ViaNapoli while other kid and I went to Tangierine cafe (and able to easily find a table even though it was raining at that point-no trash can table top). Took a nap in AA, saw France movie (and dessert) before heading out around 3. None of my family wanted to see FEA - we liked Norway before it was frozenfied
My dtr is doing DCP this fall and her 40% discount is great. But there aren't many discount rooms available this fall for CM's.
Crowd levels per TouringPlans.com were consistently higher than projections for my recent trip.

August 5 - Predicted 6, Actual 7
August 6 - Predicted 6, Actual 7
August 7 - Predicted 6, Actual 8
August 8 - Predicted 7, Actual 8
August 9 - Predicted 7, Actual 7
August 10 - Predicted 6, Actual 7
August 11 - Predicted 6, Actual 7

I'm not sure how much you can extrapolate from that since this summer is full of caveats. With the "expansion" of DAK into a full-day park with a nighttime show, there's really no precedent for us to gauge what's "normal" in the new state of operations. Not to mention the last showings of The Great Movie Ride and Ellen's Energy Adventure. I will say, it was extremely easy to get a prime viewing location for IllumiNations just a few minutes before the show. Soarin' and Test Track felt like "normal summer crowds," but World Showcase felt very light.
Also I was easily able to extra FP for many many rides day before or day of (exception being FEA & FoP). DAK was dead for hours after opening in most areas except Pandora- multiple rides on EE and KRR.
More often than you would think... and not juist appliances...Curtains torn out of the wall and hanging, issues with other things. It has become fairly routine when we check in for our once a year stay at BLT, we immediately start a maintenance ticket...lol
I don't know why people have to be so hard on stuff...Like tearing the curtain rods out of the wall, broken furniture, missing room stuff like pots and pand and silverware... We are all buying into this thing, it would make more sense for us all to take better care of it...
but such is the nature of people I guess....
We are TS owners for many years and have traded into many resorts (in and out of country) and never have I heard people excuse the poor condition of rooms like DVC owners. That said- we stayed in a studio at SSR couple weeks ago and it was clean, good shape and well stocked.

Timothy_Q

Spirit, come back!

IMG_4088.JPG

ChrisM

No not at all... it is a lot to maintain, but...we the DVC owners are paying for maintenance, and as they reduce their staff, I do not rermember my maintenance fees going down...
Maybe they should have a little class and send out videos to all DVC owners about ow to respect the property for their own, and other guest's future enjoyment... If, say, your precious snowflake tears the curtain rod out of the ceiling, instead of pretending it was someone else report it so that it can get fixed before the next guest arrives and has to call for maintenance...Don't steal the meager kitchen supplies, if you break something or notice it broken, have a check sheet for checkout where those things could be reported and dealt with before the next guest has to inherit the problem,

Just chiming in here - our room at BLT (dedicated 2 bedroom) was in pretty rough shape on our last trip. Lots of wall dings, scuff marks, and furniture stains. Everything was, thankfully, in working order.

But it was in rough enough shape that my wife demanded we stay elsewhere for our upcoming visit, so we are giving VGF a roll. Hopefully the rooms there are in better condition.

trainplane3

Just chiming in here - our room at BLT (dedicated 2 bedroom) was in pretty rough shape on our last trip. Lots of wall dings, scuff marks, and furniture stains. Everything was, thankfully, in working order.

But it was in rough enough shape that my wife demanded we stay elsewhere for our upcoming visit, so we are giving VGF a roll. Hopefully the rooms there are in better condition.
In my past 4 times at Bay Lake, I don't think I've had a non beat to...crap room there. That's the one timeshare I want to get rid of. Saratoga and WL dvc were always in good shape for me.

Monorail_Orange

In my past 4 times at Bay Lake, I don't think I've had a non beat to...crap room there. That's the one timeshare I want to get rid of. Saratoga and WL dvc were always in good shape for me.
Interesting...many on here have noted issues at BLT with the larger villas. I've stayed in a studio at BLT now many times with no major issues. I have noticed a few small things, like a missing blanket for the sofa bed, or the kitchenette not being properly stocked, or a ding in a door here and there. There was one occasion where the pack and play was missing, but the front desk took care of that within minutes. But by and large, our experiences there with the (smaller) rooms have been within expectations.

trainplane3

Interesting...many on here have noted issues at BLT with the larger villas. I've stayed in a studio at BLT now many times with no major issues. I have noticed a few small things, like a missing blanket for the sofa bed, or the kitchenette not being properly stocked, or a ding in a door here and there. There was one occasion where the pack and play was missing, but the front desk took care of that within minutes. But by and large, our experiences there with the (smaller) rooms have been within expectations.
I've usually stayed in the larger rooms. I will admit, I probably have some strange hatred of BLT. It's always been noisy whenever I stayed so it just adds to the poor shape of the rooms I experienced. Oh and the sliding bathroom doors that never quite block out bathroom "noise" (this has been a long running joke with my family). Top of the World is very nice. It wasn't even packed 2 weeks ago when I was there, so I got to watch HEA. I think I like the original WL DVC just because of sheer quietness.

Back on topic. Maybe the "explosive" that was mentioned is a new fireworks show or UOE revamp?

MUTZIE77

We did a split stay for our honeymoon in 2014 at BLT and Saratoga. The only issue I had at BLT was the bed feeling like a concrete slab, worst sleep I ever had at a hotel. Saratoga on the other hand, the bathroom door wouldn't close because the hinge screws on the top and middle hinges were ripped out of the door frame.

nevol

I am assuming this is the BIG news?
Not relevant to either resort particularly, or even P+R. Maybe they want to prep her to take over Iger's job though. I appreciate that she has an engineering background preceding her MBA.

Last edited:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom