A serious question about the non-face characters at the parks

brb1006

Original Poster
I heard Disney forbids the Cast Members who work as non-face characters to not talk at all. But what if a character is about the sneeze? Do they have to sneeze quietly or sneeze backstage because I remember a story from a former CM that worked as Mickey who said that he once sneezed and caused a child to question about Mickey Mouse. The CM said it was a very bad experience. So how do they deal with this problem? It could be minor though. The same goes for coughing.

It's actually quite easy, the character just sneezes or coughs as well. Mickey just pantomimes a reaction to a sneeze or cough and to most young children it seems like the most natural thing in the world.

Domosuke

The only thing I know that is a big no no as far as this goes, is if a non face character takes his or her helmet or head off onstage and especially during autograph signings or parades, unless there was a life threatening emergency or something like that, the company is really by the book about it.

So if a character needs to scratch their nose, or want a guest to see their face or for whatever non life threatening emergency for which they took their helmet off on stage, they would be in hot water.

But a face character can of course sneeze or cough as long as they have their helmet on whilst on stage.

DisneyFans4Life

As others have said, they are welcome to sneeze or cough, same way as they're allowed to make the kissing noises. I read somewhere that one of the CMs was feeling ill and ended up throwing up in the mask because they couldn't get off stage quick enough. Not sure if there's any truth to it, but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom