A safety thing

marissieviolissie

Original Poster
It probably sounds like the silliest "warning" ever, but I still would like to mention. Please be aware of where you walk especially when there's little lighting. (like after the fire works)
Be aware not only of the people around you but look down every now and then. It may save you from a trip over the edge of the/a sidewalk because you're busy trying to avoid bumping into people when the crowd starts to move.

I brought home an extra souvenir from the Christmasparty when the Frozen show had finished. I tripped on the low sidewalk, fell on knees and hands. Seemed innocent enough to let it go (pun not intended ;) ) but due to the impact of the fall it now turns out I have a small fracture in my left hand. Nothing too major luckily but enough to cause pain and (practical) inconvenience.

So heads up! Or maybe down every now and then...

Weather_Lady

Your warning is well taken. I skinned my knees badly one night (before the curbs on Main Street were lowered) trying to exit the hub after the fireworks. I had my eyes on the people ahead of me instead of on the ground, so I missed the edge of the curb completely and landed on all fours, while the rest of my party, oblivious to what had happened, disappeared into the crowd. I staggered to my feet and began limping down Main Street with blood streaming down both legs and soaking into my socks, calling for my friends while trying my best not to cry -- not my most magical moment for sure!

marissieviolissie

Original Poster
Ouch! But indeed very similar to how it happened to me. And of course we all know..... but in that moment of moving crowds I found it easy to forget to watch my steps and focus on everyone around me.

Did it just happen or was it a while ago?

Weather_Lady

Ouch! But indeed very similar to how it happened to me. And of course we all know..... but in that moment of moving crowds I found it easy to forget to watch my steps and focus on everyone around me.

Did it just happen or was it a while ago?

It was awhile ago! Easter break, 2009. (I'd probably have forgotten about it, except that I actually took gory photos of my knees on the bus ride back to our resort, so the memory was preserved for all eternity!) I don't think I could have the same mishap in the same spot today, now that the curbs around the hub have been angled downward so there's no drop-off anymore, but since then I've been very careful to look where I step!

marissieviolissie

Original Poster
So no pain left except for the memories ;)
Glad it's not recent :)

As for the curbs, my trip happened at the paraderoute just to the side of Walt&Mickey's statue. It's only such a small little step....

For me it all literally started with a mouse :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom